cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with PayPal for the time being?

Ok, was ot sure how to trying to find anything same or similar so have to go for just a new post here.

For the time being. What is wrong with PayPal?

I still can send money, transfer, gift, give, buy, pay and everything. Except for one thing, which shows again and again on every transaction done within PayPal.

Every time I click on one all I get up is this.

CIMG2929.JPGThe only thingsa I can see on each and every transaction on my list is Name and Money Amount. Normally you can see Name, Address, Amount, Amount you have paid in Fees, Refund Button, Item, Number etc.. Like everything. All I get now is this Error message.

I do have a few payments that I wish to refund, but I´m not able to and do not have the usual Refund button that is present to use. What and how do I refund the amount during when this Error message pops up every time?

As you can see from the date stamp, it has been around for a while now, and really starts to annoy me.

What do I do? What´s happening? And I know that I am not the only one who is having this issue.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@whgamer ,

I'm not sure how to answer because PayPal doesn't process payments now, for almost all eBay transactions.

If you are referring to payments you  made with PayPal, for eBay purchases, those payments were sent to eBay's payment processor (managed payments), and that is why you don't have the title or seller information anymore. Of course, there wouldn't be any fees on a payment you made for goods or services, because PayPal charges the fees to the receiver in that case. PayPal just shows the payment having been made to eBay, then eBay managed payments disburses it to the seller.

I don't see any recent items listed or sold on your account, so I'm not sure what you would be trying to refund. If it was a payment  made through eBay for something you sold here, if it was processed by managed payments, then you have to do the refund through eBay. You can't do it from PayPal anymore.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ok, the thing is. It doesn´t matter whether Paypal process payments or whatever now or is or whatever.

Payments you receive through PayPal for goods is STILL something you as a receiver is paying FEES for.

PayPal is still possible to use if you want to pay for items bought on Ebay or whatever place.

The thing is, payments I HAVE received for goods, whether it is Ebay or whatever else place it is sold on or private or whatever, is still something you as a receiver is paying fees for.

Normally you have a LIST of ACTIVITIES present on your FRONT page, with ALL recent Transactions. Whether it is received or even Paid/Given.

When I am now clicking on ANY of the Activities, all I get is this Error message. What you normally get up when clicking these ACTIVITIES of yours which is present on your page, is Name, Amount, Address, etc, etc.. These things is NON-present these days, except for name and Amount ONLY. I want to know why. And if you wsh to refund some of these amounts, how am I going to DO that?

It is really not that har to understand.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

There will be no incoming transactions for eBay sales when you check your FRONT PAGE of Paypal.

A buyer can use paypal to pay for your item, but you will not receive that money into your paypal account anymore as it is sent direct to eBay and then to your  nominated checking account you set up when you signed up for managed payments.

If you have not signed up then you are going to have to do that if you want to receive funds.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Ok, but this is not regarding ONLY Ebay payments DONE with PayPal.

This is ALL Payments no matter what kind of PAYMENT it is.

If you sell an item on whatever kind of site or in some kind of PRIVATE thing or whatever, and asks that person to send you payment through PayPal, you will recieve the payment, yes. but the ONLY thing that shows up is the senders Name and Amount, But when you do click on that actuivity on your Front page of PayPal, the only thing that pops up is my Error message. Why?

And why does HIS/HER Information NOT show up, as it usually does, when you DO click on that actiuvity, as was and is usually the case.

If you check the Pictures time stamp you see, the first error msg I got. The day before that, I also clicked on activity on PayPal, and then it does show not only Name and Amount, but also Address and everything else, which is NOT the case today.

The sender of money is usually sending it through his/her OWN PayPal Acccount, so why is it that, that person own information is NOT showing up in YOUR PayPal? The sender of money is also having an Address priovided with their own payPal account, so why is it not showing up in yours, when you have received it?

If you agree with a Private person to send you Payment for goods through PayPal, then WHY is now the case that you ONLY can see Name and Amount of that transaction?

Now how are you supposed to ship his/her package unless you also knows his/her Address and where to ship the goods to? Well, you have to of course ASK the person, since it is not given in the transaction you have in your PayPal. Which is normally the case for such things. Is it suddenly so now that you do not send your Address and other info to the person you now, in case of private matters and/or other sites?

Because all of this sudden error also prevents me from sending full or partial refund(s) if I so wish to do so and need so.

Why is so hard for people to understand what I talk about here. I am not the only one that is using and have used PayPal, and I know I am not alone about having this Error message.

Please be aware that this is NOT concerning payments strictly on Ebay alone, done through PayPal.

Please also be aware that I AM NOT selling on Ebay any longer, but I have been doing so, yes. And yes, for a very long time. But stopped selling just a couple months back. Not long ago. And this Error message I am concerned about now, just happened around that very same date as date stamp on Picture, which in fact is not more than just a little over a week ago.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@whgamer , 

Please give an item number for an eBay item that you want to send a refund for. According to one of your previous posts, you stopped selling on eBay in May 2021, so your listings may still have been processed by PayPal, if you did not register for managed payments. If the item you are trying to refund is more than 3 months old, it isn't available in eBay anymore. I've never tried to send a refund from PayPal after such a long time, but if you're having trouble with something in PayPal, you'll have to contact PayPal about it.

Most eBay sellers are not receiving payments in their PayPal account anymore, not for items they have sold on eBay. This makes a big difference. So most eBay sellers do not pay PayPal fees any more, not on any payments received for eBay transactions. PayPal sends the buyer's payment to eBay managed payments, less whatever fees have been negotiated between PayPal and MP.  eBay managed payments disburses the payment to the seller. The seller only pays eBay fees for eBay transactions, not PayPal fees. I don't think this is hard to understand. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with it. 

If you are not seeing the payment details for items you sold somewhere else in your PayPal account, then you will have to contact PayPal about it. eBay sold it's stake in PayPal in 2015 IIRC, so eBay can't help you with a PayPal issue.

If you are not seeing details for eBay items you have purchased with PayPal, that is how it works when the payment is processed by managed payments. PayPal sends the payment to eBay, and eBay managed payments disburses it to the sellers. They don't provide any transaction details to PayPal except for the order number, which is available in the PayPal transaction details page. You can use the order number to identify the transaction in your purchase history, if you are having trouble matching up payments to eBay purchases.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply