cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We asked for it........ Buyer auto pay

57 REPLIES 57

@dhbookds Yes, we have heard this feedback and is being considered. I will post updates on the progress of making this option available to sellers.

Message 16 of 58
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@coolections , sellers have wanted it yes.

But, nobody thought about how this would negatively impact buyers, and that can only have a negative impact on sellers.

I don't think this was very well thought through. This implementation isn't very good. It will probably mean that sellers get fewer offers.

I always pay for offers as soon as I can after they have been accepted, but if I have to let eBay charge me without my participation, then I'm not going to make the offer at all, so I wouldn't make the purchase.

Possibly a buyer making an offer submits the payment method when making "said offer", and it is not a matter of having a "permanently on file" payment method for offers.  By submitting the payment method when making the offer you would be participating.

Message 17 of 58
latest reply

@lacemaker3 This Immediate Payment Required on best offers is in test for some buyers.

If you are in that test group then as a buyer you will prompted with the payment screen - PayPal is an available option and you can go through the payment / offer to make a successful offer. Only when the seller accepts your offer the payment will be automatically charged.

Message 18 of 58
latest reply

On the first screenshot where it says "Est. by Fri, Nov 05 ---------------- Change"

I think it should show the shipping service and cost on that screen. Like:

Est. by  Fri, Nov 05      -----------------------  Change

FedEx Express Saver ($25.24) 

It's important for buyers to see that info upfront. It's not intuitive that the change link will allow you to select different shipping carriers and I know a lot of buyers use different mailing addresses depending on whether something it shipped USPS or FedEx/UPS.  The carrier and cost should be seen upfront without having to click through to another page.

What if only one shipping service is offered? Is the change link grayed out? If that's the case, the buyer then has to back out of the offer to go back to the listing and search for the carrier to make sure they're using their correct shipping address?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 19 of 58
latest reply

that is not right!

so many scenarios that I don't need to explain and others will agree. 

The buyer should be required to confirm themselves of purchase and their payment option.

Message 20 of 58
latest reply

@lacemaker3 

You are allowing Ebay to charge you for the offer you submitted to the seller. If you planned to pay if the seller accepted your offer it is no different. You are just helping the seller "make sure" you pay.

Message 21 of 58
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals The buyer making an offer every time will be presented with the payment screen. So for every offer the buyer in fact has to confirm the payment option, shipping details  before they submit the offer. For every offer the buyer does have the ability to edit/add new payment method as well as shipping address and choose from the delivery options available. Again, the payment is charged only when the seller accepts the offer.

Message 22 of 58
latest reply

@wastingtime101 Feedback noted. Will be taking this back to the team. Thank you!

Message 23 of 58
latest reply

I for one will not participate in such a farce. I do NOT even let my banker auto pay my utility bills. To trust Ebay to do so is utter folly! If tested in this fashion, I will simply quit offering and possibly leave ebay as a user. I have purchased ONLY for the past 15 years and consider it beyond stupid.

Message 24 of 58
latest reply

Thanks sandhya@ebay !!!!!! you are certainly making this a much better experience than we usually have.....appreciate the consideration and the coming updates..........as well as the attempt to fix the non pay problem........

Message 25 of 58
latest reply

Sorry you feel that way @transamcc ,  as sellers have tried to explain for years.......we are sometimes badly injured by buyers who do not pay after making offers that are accepted by sellers.  What happens is that the item is taken off the market..... sometimes during time sensitive periods......i.e. in time for Christmas shipping, which can result in no sale at all for that season.  Unfortunately, it seems there are more and more non paying buyers which is creating more and more of a problem especially for small sellers who mainly sell one of a kind items. 

Message 26 of 58
latest reply

Glad I can be of any help here. I will be on these forums whenever time permits and will do my best to help our community.

Message 27 of 58
latest reply

Just wonder how many Buyers will see this and just hit the back arrow button?

As a Seller, I want immediate pay options for when an offer is sent or a Best offer made.

I do think "regular" Buyers are going to be thrown by this - there should be something to let a Buyer know this is a "new" feature of some sort.  Communication on this really needs to be key - especially if they email a Seller to let them know they "cannot make an offer" - most Sellers are going to think it is a Buyer block of some sort and possibly ignore the Buyer all together.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 28 of 58
latest reply

If the back arrow is an escape route from that nonsense, I will hit it anytime such a screen comes up! The official count is now at least 1  in your question of wonder how many will hit it.  I dont even let my banker auto pay my utilities . Why would I trust eBAY who was hit with one of this century's largest user data breaches  in 2014 that affected about 145 million users to pay anything automatically using my financial info?  They even use a foreign entity as a payment processor.  I will go way back with that arrow and quit making offers, and  would be tempted to  lead the exodus of the next quarterly decline in total number of buyers leaving ebay which could exceed the 5% reported by ebay for 3rd quarter.

Message 29 of 58
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Sorry you feel that way @transamcc ,  as sellers have tried to explain for years.......we are sometimes badly injured by buyers who do not pay after making offers that are accepted by sellers. 

I am sorry that you are sometimes hurt by non-payers, but I have never done that and to be lumped into the same group as them is, at minimum, an insult to my integrity.  On the other hand, there are also many dishonest sellers out there who  are basically scammers as well.  Ebay is supposed to be a venue for fair exchange of goods, not a scammer's paradise. I always read every word of a listing and research the seller's feedback AND seller's visible replies to other buyers before bidding, buying or offering anything, EVERY TIME.   Arrangements for autopay when bidding or offering is an insult, not to mention an intrusion by Ebay into financial affairs that they should never be entitled to. I do not even let my banker autopay my monthly utilities!

Message 30 of 58
latest reply