cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This new payout format is for the birds.

This new fee and payout format will spell the end of eBay. Nothing about this is seller friendly. Holding auction/listing funds for days on end (obviously so eBay can make even more money on all of OUR money camping out in their account for several days).  A few months ago I was pleased when PayPal offered the instant transfer (1% fee) ability to my bank account. But now we've evolved to this?? I am literally waiting 7-10 days for my funds. Not to mention after cutting PayPal out of the equation we are all paying MORE in the long run. WTH? I give eBay about 12-14 months on this current path. I've already started looking to other avenues.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: This new payout format is for the birds.

its adyen, not ayden.  but, yeah, what you said.

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

You  do realize, since eBay is traded many of their financials are by law open to share holders.  Many people make mistakes with spelling. If you know what they meant and clearly you did why mention it? 

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

If you really think no one is making money off of the "float time" you really need to do some research. Money is always making money. Every large company does it because it is worth millions to have that working capital on the books even if only for a few minutes or 7 to 10 days. How do you think JPMorgan comes up with a half a trillion dollars sitting in cash.

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

Well think of the state of the USA. People's own eyes and ears tell them the truth yet they believe others who tell them what they saw and heard was not what they saw and heard. It easy to understand......

Message 34 of 44
latest reply

Buyers not buying = NO FEES.

Right.

Sellers not listing = less merch for sale = fewer sales = fewer FEES.

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

Nothing the OP complains about is unreasonable. With modern technology there really is no reason for your funds to not transfer to you as instantly as they leave the buyer. But they float the money and there must be some advantage in it or they would not do it. Even PayPal was one business day. I would believe eBay would lie to us before telling us the full truth.

It is interesting how all the eBay shills tell us when we see that the money is "pending" but not there, that it is equivalent to being there, and so it's safe to ship, buy labels against it, etc.

So, if that's true, than the flip side should be true. If it really is there, they why can't eBay front it? What's the danger to eBay?

eBay should put the money where it's mouth is.

If it's to be treated as "there" for the seller, then it should be treated as "there" for eBay too.

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

@karthok.of.daolodus wrote:

its adyen, not ayden.  but, yeah, what you said.

I've always seen "ayden" but I guess I need to check that out better.  Thanks for the heads up!

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 37 of 44
latest reply

@dugoldstuff wrote:

Buyers not buying = NO FEES.

Right.

Sellers not listing = less merch for sale = fewer sales = fewer FEES.

That's fine if you're independently wealth or have another source of income.  However, if you rely on eBay sales for coverage of some living expenses, you can't always cut your fees by selling less.  You should, however, try to cover more fees by increasing prices, even if just by 10 cents to start.  Then maybe another 10 cents a month or two later.  When I cacluated the minimum acceptable selling price for my elongates, the market on eBay supported that price and a bit more.  Good.  Years later and I'm seeing sales going for much more than what I'm asking.... meaning I'm leaving money on the table!  I didn't make the jump to the new average all at one time, but I have been able to increase prices for the past several years to ensure I keep up with increased expenses and still maintain a comfortable net profit.

Less listing is not always an option.  Unless you are listing products nobody on eBay is buying anymore.  And if you think GTC will solve the problem (list it once, let it ride until it sells) -- after 90 days without a sale, it becomes harder and harder for prospective buyers to see your listing as eBay gives a preference in search to those listings that are new and/or are sale makers.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 38 of 44
latest reply

Me too. I am going back to Rubylane as soon as I get a new computer. They charge half the amount and it is worth the monthly fees. I sold there for 14 years and you can sell at a much higher price.

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

Pooh. Do you own ebay stocks?

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

Brilliant refutation.  😶

You don't need a new computer to sell on Ruby Lane lol.  It's a nice site, but way too spendy to sell on for my run o' the mill vintage.  I did sell there in about 2000-2001 and they were total control freaks - that may have changed.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 41 of 44
latest reply

I don't care what lies ebay spouts I whole heatedly believe the linger between available funds, and payouts is used in some illegal manner. The delay has no other explanation. Theirs literally nothing stopping them from having the payment instant wired to you the moment the mail person scans the package off the truck. However if I could buy a couple thousand Plantir stock options expiring in the money today with someone else's money and pocket the profit. All the while not legally obligated to be transparent about any of this cause I'm not technically a bank. Even though I manage millions of people's money.... Yeah eBay knows it's full of **bleep**. One day they will get theirs to.  Till then take a page from the owners of this parasitic monster of a business. Take what ya can give nothing back. Fence the **bleep** out of your local stolen stock.

G'day 

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

Necro thread from three months ago.

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

Ditto.  I'm letting my listings run out and then will send this note to (formerly) dear ebay:   "I don't want to play in your yard ./ I don't like you any more. / You'll be sorry when you see me / Sliding down our cellar door.  You can't holler down our rain barrel; /  You can't climb our apple tree. / I don't want to play in your yard /'Cause you won't be good to me". 😎     

PayPal was ebay's greatest asset.  I wouldn't touch mangled payments with a ten-foot pole.     

Message 44 of 44
latest reply