cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping in new managed payment world of ebay?

Since we now have to wait until our money is rec'd into our bank account ( 3-5 days),

I will have to change my ship time from 1 business day to 5 business days to insure that the money has hit my bank account.   I will miss  Paypal  since money was automatically in your account and you could use it immediately. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Shipping in new managed payment world of ebay?

You are aware that you can use the money in your Pending funds to buy shipping labels, right? If that's not what you're worried about, remember that payouts from Managed Payments are not processed on weekends and holidays, so the 3-5 days can turn into 5 -7 days very easily. And it also depends on whether you have your payouts set to daily or weekly.

What is managed payments?

Managing payments enhances the buying and selling experience on eBay providing sellers with one place to sell and get paid and buyers more ways to pay. We’ve managed billions in payments for thousands of sellers since 2018. Sellers who have been identified as using eBay features and tools that are compatible with managed payments will continue to be notified to join in phases.

Please make sure you are signed up for emails from eBay. eBay now manages payments for most business sellers in the US, and all sellers will eventually be required to register for managed payments in order to sell on the marketplace.

eBay will work closely with sellers to ensure that the managed payments experience reflects their needs as we continue to enable accounts for managed payments.

Stay up-to-date here at the Seller Center, by searching eBay Help pages, or by asking questions through the Community.

Simpler to sell: Checkout is more flexible, with an easier experience for buyers

Simpler to get paid: Payouts are automatic, sent directly to your checking account

Simpler to manage: Operations run smoother, with simplified fees, integrated reporting and streamlined support

Benefits for sellers

Choice: Buyers have more payment options (credit, debit, and gift cards; Apple Pay; Google Pay; PayPal and PayPal Credit). No separate PayPal account required - for buyers or sellers.

Convenience: Access everything you need, all in one place: consolidated fees, customized reports, refunds and returns, labels, simplified protections and tax documentation (Form 1099Ks). If you use third-party tools, there should be no change to how you use them.

Streamlined operations: Payouts directly into your bank account - you can choose to schedule these daily as funds are available, or weekly. Regardless of how the buyer pays, payouts are consistently initiated Monday through Friday within 2 business days of order confirmation. Get unique order numbers for ease of reconciliation, and the option to pay for shipping labels from funds awaiting payout, or by still using a PayPal account.

Expanded reach: Easily ship internationally with the Global Shipping Program, which handles customs, taxes, and import/export fees for you.

Reporting: Updated reports available for download and export from Seller Hub. Examples of reports include monthly statements, payout, order and post-transactions reports, performance insights, and if applicable, annual 1099-K/tax reports.

API integration: Those who integrate using eBay APIs can update their integrations to view payout information.

Exclusive support: Get dedicated, expert Payments support during the sign-up process and whenever you need help.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

That's one option for sellers. As long as you change your Handling Time and ship within your Handling Time, you'll be fine with eBay.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I couldn't find the option to use "Pending Funds" to pay for shipping labels.  I just had a conversation with eBay, and I was told that I had to use my bank linked bank account to pay for shipping labels.  Not happy with that answer!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

You're going to have some terribly slow shipping times, and that will probably make a lot of your buyers unhappy! I ship EVERYTHING within one business day. My stated handling time is one business day. This keeps most buyers happy. As for the money, all of that will be worked out later, usually within 7 days. I use a very extensive spreadsheet  to track everything related to the money (down to the exact penny) and I have not yet found an error in Managed Payments. I do all of this, and I'm just a small seller/hobbyist selling low value items! 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@aqua911 

Didn't take long for the "Cheerleading Squad" to show up.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

More like the Fire Department.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This board is 0% contained.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I use PayPal shipping exclusively. If my payments are now routed through eBay only how can I do this? Sorry I am a small seller. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I just received my first "bank transfer" and I can't make the math work.......  I was trying to figure out all the fees and charges.....on a $6.49 sale price item.     Shipping was done via Paypal, and this has me concerned as with others above.....

BUTTT, what bothers me most, is that I can't make the math and fees work out, as nowhere is the amount of sales tax "taken" shown!   My total fees work out at around 16.7% using the numbers that do show up on the notifications from eBay.  (This is a better deal than with Paypal?)      Trying to walk the numbers backwards, I end up with a sales tax of about 10.3%.....but I cannot confirm without knowing exactly how much was harvested from the buyer!   Further.....I live in the country, where my tax rate is 1% lower than the nearest community.    I want to know that buyers are NOT being overcharged......but I cannot do so without the exact amounts are known.

I guess I need to buy something from myself!
Steve

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I just received my first "bank transfer" and I can't make the math work..

I feel bad for you. I took down all my listings (I think I left one up, just for kicks) not wanting this very headache, among others.

I am not good at all with math, so maybe that's why one of the promises eBay made never made sense to me:

eBay said that "most" sellers would see a total of 12.55% in fees. But since they are taking a % of the tax, how can they possibly proffer a figure on the bottom line of the fees like that?

If you sent to a no tax state, then (presumably) eBay doesn't take a tax %. If you sent to a tax state, then eBay takes a % of that.  So, wouldn't your total % taken by eBay fees be higher on the 2nd than on the 1st instance?

Just knowing that this 12.55% thing was fake news, made me think, "I bet the math will be all discombobulated on everything else too."  That's one of the reasons I left.

The shills are all saying we have to give up our SSN so eBay can file a 1099 in our name. Yet how are sellers ever going to make sense of eBays "new math" in order to pay their taxes accurately if they have the same problem the poster has and which many others do too?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply