cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller and EBAY are scamming me out of my $1150 spent on an item that was proven to be fake….

James Spence Authentication has in letter form  stated the item I bought is fake…neither the seller or EBAY will respond to my numerous calls and letters sent to each….I need help!! This situation needs to be corrected immediately!!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Seller and EBAY are scamming me out of my $1150 spent on an item that was proven to be fake….

@teach1102 wrote:

It usually takes an Authenticity Company like James Spence or PSA/DNA  more than 60 days to authenticate items thus putting a buyer in jeopardy of losing their payment because of these deadlines imposed by EBAY….Why only 60 days if EBAY knows this??? The answer is simple…..they don’t have collect the illegally obtained money from the seller and also don’t have to reimburse the buyer (me) for buying a fake item.  Totally unscrupulous and illegal in my opinion.!! David 

The MBG is good for 30 days, not 60.

The MBG for sports cards is only good for 3 days.

Have a great day.
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Why do people title things that are completely false?

Ebay is NOT scamming you. 

Ebay has 'dates' to their responsibilities. 

These 'dates' are well known.

For those that do NOT know them, said person should've 'researched BEFORE buying, especially when it's well known that the 'authenticator that THEY chose to use, will take well over that time. 

Why did you buy something that you felt you needed to authenticate?

Why did you choose that company knowing that they take months to give results?

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

I did not use PayPal. But used a credit card issued by my credit union which doesn’t have the same rules as a straight Mastercard does!! Really really sucks! They back generally nothing and claim that the federal regulations tie their hands….what a crock of **bleep**!!

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

You know, another thing that I just noticed is that you're in Bradenton, FL and a James Smith Authenticator is in Ft. Lauderdale. They offer appointments and even say the items can be given back same day.

Six hours on the road sure would've beat six weeks' wait. (Six weeks' wait is crazy to me.) Lesson learned...

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

"Why do people title things that are completely false?"

My personal experience is that it is a *form* of screaming.  Silent scream.   

I know for many collectibles it is normal to return payment if the authentication goes bad, but I always thought there is an agreement in advance so that the time delay issue is addressed and the business owner can manage funds for an expensive item that may have to be refunded.  

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

A purchase made 8 months ago means you're SOL except through small claims court or if you paid with a credit card that covers you for a year. Most don't.

eBay 30 day MBG is set in stone. Even when a company doesn't state a return policy or a return time frame the FTC says the default is 30 days.

I think eBay does care that it could take more than 30 days to find out if the signature is fake.  They offer a payment method that has 180 days to open a dispute and savvy buyers should pay using their credit card or through through PayPal. 

Message 21 of 21
latest reply