cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments to sellers

PayPal is/was my own "Mad Money" account. Now payments have go to our joint checking and I have to separate household things from my payments from eBay. Big pain especially when you sell a lot of items. Haven't had to deal with refunds yet but that could be a nightmare.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Payments to sellers

Best and easiest to open a separate checking account for ebay sales. Usually can be done on the internet with most banks.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@l.h.dave wrote:

PayPal is/was my own "Mad Money" account. Now payments have go to our joint checking and I have to separate household things from my payments from eBay. Big pain especially when you sell a lot of items. Haven't had to deal with refunds yet but that could be a nightmare.

The "payouts" go where you direct them to go.

I opened a dedicated checking account for eBay to keep it separate from the household checking, and my personal checking.

Refunds are done 1st from the "pending/available" funds. Coming up on 2 years in MP, and my checking has been "debited" once. The amount was $0.30 when a buyer requested to cancel right after purchase, and I had no funds "available" to cover the "eBay transaction fee".

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@l.h.dave wrote:

Refunds are not a nightmare.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There are checking accounts out there that are no hassle to sign up. I opened one for a business I have off of ebay and I got it set up in less then 30 minutes, its fee free also (Its a business checking account)

I can't say names or links, but a quick google search will help you narrow down a good bank 🙂

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply