cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYOUT ERRORS

Is Ebay running a scam? My debit card is charged for my Ebay fees, no problem for them to get their money, but when I try to update my bank info, so I can receive my payouts, Ebay  locks me out and this error message comes up, "You need to update your account details on file in order to avoid any issues with payouts in the future"! As, I go to update my bank info, this message comes up "Unfortunately we are still having trouble verifying your microdeposit amounts." , so I check my bank and those micro deposits went through 2 days ago, but no payout by Ebay! Approaching 3 days now, no payout!  Why TF is this happening?  I want my money! PO beyond belief!

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: PAYOUT ERRORS

The whole payout system is a gross error on the part of eBay. Why did they try to fix a systen that was not broken and had all the wrinkles ironed out over the years

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

You're misinformed. PayPal did not offer to renew their contract with eBay.  This forced eBay to find another payment processor. (ADYEN) 

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@poddster wrote:

The whole payout system is a gross error on the part of eBay. Why did they try to fix a systen that was not broken and had all the wrinkles ironed out over the years

Paypal is a separate company reaping the profits of this part of the business.  Ebay wanted to bring it in house and have the profits of this system.  It is no different that ALL the other larger sites similar to Ebay.  They have all done their own money processing for years.  Ebay was the last of the bigger sites to make this move.

I do understand your apprehension about the process.  it seems to be really tough on those that want Daily Deposits.  The least little hiccup in the system will certainly affect everyone doing Daily Deposits.  However for the last several months they have sped up this process and payments are being processed faster which means the payouts are getting better too.

Give them more time.  The last two years was spent onboarding 19-20 million sellers.  This year they are settling in and starting to make some positive changes to the system.  More will come.  Things will smooth out.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

I am having same problem... they keep depositing and but they will not even let me enter them.  I am on 45 hold to talk to someone at ebay... regretting selling again on ebay.  It is so complicated now....

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@pabuglady wrote:

I am having same problem... they keep depositing and but they will not even let me enter them.  I am on 45 hold to talk to someone at ebay... regretting selling again on ebay.  It is so complicated now....

Did you verify your micro deposits as Ebay requires?

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

@pabuglady wrote:

@lorig-74 

This could be your issue.

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. I have sold some items. I have entered my bank info, I received a few microdeposits that have posted to my bank account. Amounts of 0.07, 0.02, and 0.03. The next day there were withdrawls from eBay in the amount of 0.09, 0.10. When I go into my seller hub and follow the link to verify the microdeposits myself, I enter in 0.07 and 0.02 or 0.03 in no particular order (as instructed), I keep getting an error message that says they can't verify these amounts. I keep trying and eventually I am asked to sign back in again to my bank account. "Unfortunately we are still having trouble verifying your microdeposit amounts" is what I see. Then the red banner in my seller  hub returns, saying that I need to update my account details. I know my account details are correct because I did receive the microdeposits, and ebay did make micro-withdrawls. But when I try to verify the exact amounts they deposited, it won't work. I try different combinations of the micro amounts and nothing works.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@Anonymous 

This is a old thread and will get closed soon.  Review the information in these links as they may help.  Managed Payment is extremely particular about how they receive information from you, so pay attention to the details.

Please review the below link carefully. It contains very important information as to how Ebay needs to see the information you provide them on your account. It is likely easier to change your Ebay account to match your bank account if you find there to be a difference.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/Have-questions-about-payments-Check-out-this-post-for-helpful/td-p/31798259

If you still can't figure out what your problem is, you will need to contact Managed Payments for more help.

For the Payment Team
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&redirectedFrom=4155

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please elaborate on what you mean by "It is likely easier to change your Ebay account to match your bank account if you find there to be a difference". My name is exactly the same as it is for both my eBay and bank accounts.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Please elaborate on what you mean by "It is likely easier to change your Ebay account to match your bank account if you find there to be a difference". My name is exactly the same as it is for both my eBay and bank accounts.

@Anonymous 

This is an old thread and will likely be closed soon, but to answer your question.  If your name is slightly different than what you have on your bank account, it is easier and quicker to change the name or address on your Ebay account.  Both must match perfectly.  Not even a single character difference.  

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply