cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged for cost of shipping label, how to get reimbused?

Initial Ebay amount was $36, however, Ebay took $133 out of my bank account.  Research on UPS site revealed $56 without the eBay discount.  Walk-in at UPS store marked up amount came to $66.  Clearly, both amounts are way below $133. Found no way to directly contact Ebay to address the issue. How can I get back $96 Ebay owes me?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

It's a UPS overcharge, most likely.   UPS and FedEx charge after the fact.  Sometimes they inflate the charge.  You call them to complain but because eBay is the customer you're out of luck. 

Contacting eBay via Twitter or on Facebook may get some help but it's hard to get this money back.  

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

what was the weight: and the box size Width, length height????

Folks get messed up on the dimensional shipping cost witch is the size of the box is more than the item and box weight..... Dim shipping cost in other words...

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Re-read my post.  Ups store amount.  I know all about dimensionality, it was entered correctly in Ebay form and at the store, and on my online account.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

The ups local store amount is accurate, and it makes sense.  36 Ebay; 55 my ups account; 65 at the store, which is always higher due to business mark up. Ebay is just wrong....

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

was it the initial charge or was it a UPS corrected amount that was billed after it shipped?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I have an idea.  You guys give me your zip codes and I will calculate to my house to get a better idea of what is going on.  The original item went to Chicago, so we can use the corresponding number for comparison....

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@10yearvette wrote:

I have an idea.  You guys give me your zip codes and I will calculate to my house to get a better idea of what is going on.  The original item went to Chicago, so we can use the corresponding number for comparison....

Why not post the details of the package (origin and destination ZIP, Weight, Dimensions, insurance value, and any surcharges that applied to your package (like the infamous its not in cardboard UPS surcharge or the address correction fee)...  seems that it would be easier for people to understand the fees. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Sure, will do soon... Or, am I allowed to post the item number? My zip is 48169, Detroit area.  Chicago is rather close for shipping.  Also, can I post some screenshots here?  Thanks

Jerry

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

It doesn't say, just states 'shipping label'.  

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@10yearvette wrote:

Sure, will do soon... Or, am I allowed to post the item number? My zip is 48169, Detroit area.  Chicago is rather close for shipping.  Also, can I post some screenshots here?  Thanks

Jerry

No item number....

just weight

dimensions

packaging type (cardboard, crate, metal, etc)

insured value

sig confirmation

origin zip

destination zip

service type

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@10yearvette wrote:

Sure, will do soon... Or, am I allowed to post the item number?

@10yearvette 

Yes, in this case, you're allowed to post the item number of your own listing.

The only restriction on posting an item number is when it's posted to "shame" or complain or mock or accuse the listing's seller of some violation of eBay policies. In cases like that, posting an item number would not be allowed.

From the Community Rules of Engagement:

"8. No naming and shaming.  We will not tolerate posting about listing or member violations.  Item numbers, auction links, negative/neutral feedback scores, other members’ ID or contact information posted for the purpose of shaming another member will be edited or removed."

Note that in your case, you are not posting the item number to "shame" anyone--it's your own listing, and you'd be posting it to clarify the issue or provide an opportunity for others to look for potential issues in order to advise you further.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Keep in mind, without the particulars of the package and the shipping options you selected there will be no way for anyone to help you understand the charge and the potential discrepancy.  

My initial guess is that an expedited shipping option (NDA, 2DA, 3-Day select) was selected rather than UPS Ground which resulted in the larger than expected charge....but with zero package info posted so far, this is just a WAG on my part.  

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I bought a shipping label through eBay for $20.55 but later noticed in the transaction info that I had been charged $22.41. 

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THAT EBAY HAS ADDED $1.86 TO MY SHIPPING COST.

At first, eBay tried to tell me that my shipping dimensions were greater than listed... but I have been selling this last item since 1989 and the weigh and dimensions have never changed.... and it was actually 60 grams under postal rate.  

Secondly, this matter was being bumped up to a supervisor to determine where this charged originated (eBay or Post Office - conflicts with first excuse).

THIS IS SEEMS TO BE VERY SIMILAR TO A BAIT AND SWITCH  CON!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply