cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opt out of managed payments, go back to only accepting PayPal

I hate managed payments and I want to go back to getting money for my sales via PayPal.

I am not a professional seller. I only need eBay to sell things I no longer need. Now, I have to enter my Social Security Number to verify my bank, which is absolutely ridiculous. Why would I give my SSN to a ecommerce website? To make matters worse the fees have actually gone UP! I just sold a pair of headphones for $65 and the fee collected was $8.33 or 12.8%, more expensive than it used to be. Why change something when there was nothing wrong in the first place? 

Is there a way to opt out of managed payments and only accept PayPal? 

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: Opt out of managed payments, go back to only accepting PayPal

"Is there a way to opt out of managed payments and only accept PayPal?"

No, only buyers can use paypal to pay, sellers in MP can no longer use paypal for collecting payments.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 2 of 82
latest reply

@ai85 wrote:

Is there a way to opt out of managed payments and only accept PayPal? 

No, Pay Pal is no longer going to process payments for Ebay, so you have to use MP.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 82
latest reply

This is probably something you may have interest in reading.  It explains why you need to supply this information.  

https://pages.ebay.com/payment/2.0/terms.html

I respect that this isn't something you want to do.  But once you have been notified that you are to move into MP, if you want to continue to sell on Ebay you need to make the transition.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 82
latest reply

Then if this the case why did E-Bay let me pay this week with Pay-pal for shipping materials. Both companies I use have shipped the items. Why can they accept Pay-pal and we can't?  Am I missing something here? Where it says form of payment there is a Pay-pal TM.

Message 5 of 82
latest reply

@blueskyoutletsales wrote:

Then if this the case why did E-Bay let me pay this week with Pay-pal for shipping materials. Both companies I use have shipped the items. Why can they accept Pay-pal and we can't?  Am I missing something here? Where it says form of payment there is a Pay-pal TM.

@blueskyoutletsales 

MP is the money processing program for sellers.  Buyers are NOT impacted by this move with the exception that they gain two more options to how they can pay.  Google pay and Apple Pay.  And buyers can still pay using PP if they want.  There aren't any changes to buying.

Message 6 of 82
latest reply

managed payments is worst Ebay change ever, loss of common sense in exchange for a penny, they do not care about small sellers, they likely never did, Ebay is so much work, confusion and trouble that is no longer worth selling here unless you value your time $2 an hour, there are other sites that still accept PayPal

Message 7 of 82
latest reply

You used to pay 12.9% (10% to ebay, 2.9% to PayPal). Now you no longer pay the PayPal fees.

No, there's no way to opt out.

Message 8 of 82
latest reply

So why would even a single seller want a buyer using paypal to not just pay the seller directly? 

The idea that ebay needs to manage seller finances in such an invasive way is foolish.  

Message 9 of 82
latest reply

Not true, you can opt out. Just ask a managed payments representative, or a few, until you get the one who agrees to file the form for you.  

Just like verizon, Sirius/xm, directv, etc, the system and merger changes do not necessarily have to impact the legacy accounts which can be grandfathered in on their original agreements.  These companies always do everything possible to convince you to do what they want but you always have a choice. 

Message 10 of 82
latest reply

Wrong, we opted out. 

Message 11 of 82
latest reply

@originalapplecountry wrote:

Wrong, we opted out. 

@originalapplecountry 

Really? I've not heard of the first seller to say that. What did you have to do, if you don't mind my asking?

Message 12 of 82
latest reply

So why would even a single seller want a buyer using paypal to not just pay the seller directly? 

The idea that ebay needs to manage seller finances in such an invasive way is foolish.  

I'm not sure I understand your question.  I'd ask, why not?  What possible reason would a seller have to not allow a buyer to pay with PP?  There aren't additional fees.  

All the other similar sites to Ebay have had their own versions of managed payments for years.  Ebay is just the last of the bigger sites to do so.

Message 13 of 82
latest reply

Not true, you can opt out. Just ask a managed payments representative, or a few, until you get the one who agrees to file the form for you.  

Just like verizon, Sirius/xm, directv, etc, the system and merger changes do not necessarily have to impact the legacy accounts which can be grandfathered in on their original agreements.  These companies always do everything possible to convince you to do what they want but you always have a choice. 

IDK what "form" you are talking about.  This is the first I've ever heard of it.  

Message 14 of 82
latest reply

Wrong, we opted out. 

So give more details so we can better understand.

When were you told [received an email] you had to enter MP, by what date?

What is this "form" you filled out?

When did you submit this "form"?

What info was required on the "form"?

Message 15 of 82
latest reply