cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New managed payments screwing sellers

Guess I will be auction listing all this, over the weekend

Sellers enrolled in managed payments are not allowed to list the following items:

• Adult only items, including movies, video games, and photographs
  • Auction services
  • Bullion
  • Coins & paper money (only Exonumia and Publications & Supplies are allowed)
  • Gift cards & coupons
  • Lodging, timeshares, vacation packages, and car rentals
  • Memberships for campground and RV parks
  • Motor vehicles
  • Tickets for travel, events, or experiences
  • Wine
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: New managed payments screwing sellers

If you trade in bullion or coins and paper money, you were migrated too soon. Sorry that happened to you.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

If you trade in bullion or coins and paper money, you were migrated too soon. Sorry that happened to you.

The OP isn't even in Managed Payments yet--at least on this id--according to his/her listings, nor is s/he running any auctions at the current time. There are no listings on this id for coins/bullion/paper money.

@arlingtontxjunkshop 

Were you referring to coin/bullion/paper money auctions on a different id? Is the other id in Managed Payments? If so, just move your coins/bullion/paper money auction listings over to this id, since it's not enrolled in Managed Payments yet.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

They are supposedly going to fix some of this..

A soon thing.

Some are registering a new ID to sell items that are restricted as well.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Before just throwing out accusations, it is usually best to actually learn what the thing you are complaining about is actually about.  Facts are important.  I know in today's world that is often dismissed but the reality is facts really are important.

You are correct, there are some restrictions in MP regarding certain items as you outlined above that MP can not currently support.  I'm not at all sure that translates into "screwing sellers" though?!?!?!?  Exactly how is that happening?  What harm is MP bringing to sellers that primarily sell in any of these categories?  Examples would be great.

For sellers that have a history of selling in these categories as a primary type of items they sell, MP is NOT moving them into MP at this time.  It is MP's hope to have the issues that restrict these types of sales being processed by MP fixed sometime next year.  In the meantime these sellers are allowed to stay on Ebay and continue to accept PP as they are doing now.  They will see no disruptions in their ability to sell here.  

That harms them how?

For sellers that just occasionally sell in any of these categories, they will be moving into MP when Mp lets them know it is time.  For these sellers if they still have stuff to sell in these restricted categories, all they need to do is open another selling account and only sell stuff under that ID that are related to the categories you outline above.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

To be clear..........opening another id for restricted items in MP is actually recommended by MP......it's not some kind of "workaround dodge"........

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

To be clear..........opening another id for restricted items in MP is actually recommended by MP......it's not some kind of "workaround dodge"........

There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing this.  The products being sold in those categories have issues with MP program NOT with Ebay as a company.  Just specific to MP.  Opening another selling account doesn't conflict with any Ebay rule nor does selling the items typically sold in these categories.  

These items are NOT "restricted" on Ebay, they are restricted in MP, there is a difference.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

eBays explanation of this policy is as clear as mud.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

these are only occasional sales, right now sitting on scrap silver. Would usually go to bullion, I can list it in jewelry lots instead.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

So Feebay can charge me more then

F that

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@arlingtontxjunkshop wrote:

eBays explanation of this policy is as clear as mud.

Which policy???  Many of them are written that way!!!!  😂

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@arlingtontxjunkshop wrote:

So Feebay can charge me more then

F that

Why would they charge you more?  I don't understand!  What would they be charging you more for?

Message 12 of 12
latest reply