cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New eBay payment method

I'm sorry I don't like the new eBay payment for sellers where you have to have your bank account added to receive payments when you sell something, I can't use the buyers money they pay to print off the shipping label to ship their item out, there's no option like paypal has to select that and if I knew I wouldn't have set it up, it takes forever pending and I have to use my money already in my bank to print it off but I don't always have the money to do that! Sometimes I'm broke after paying my bills and buying food for my baby and me and household items but anyways how do I remove it? I tried deleting it but keeps asking to add a new one but I want to go back to using PayPal it was easier and faster. Please let me know if you know how thank you

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: New eBay payment method

You are TRAP ed in the managed payments pit:

you can not get out short of leaving eBay....

As others have said you can pay for shipping with pending funds.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

There is no way to go back.You should be able to pay for your shipping labels out of your Pending funds. Just change the option on the label page before you click on Purchase and Print. 

You are TRAP ed in the managed payments pit:

you can not get out short of leaving eBay....

As others have said you can pay for shipping with pending funds.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

Oh great......... And how do I do that? Can you please tell me how? I can't figure it out I'm new to this since it's my first using this and I don't know what to do

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

Have you tried following the instructions provided to you by the first commenter?

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

Really? I can't just opt out? How? Can you please tell me how I pay for shipping labels? Thank you

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

Oh okay thank you I'm tired and didn't understand rebells reply.

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

@tamarar35 

Scroll down on the label page to see if there is an option to choose between PayPal, or "pending funds" to pay for the label.

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

Okay thank you

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

I have a problem with the new payment for sales. The vast majority of my transactions are in sterling but I live in USA and my accounts are in US$. Under the current change, I will have to accept payments in dollars whereas Paypal allows me to maintain sterling and dollar balances.

To go along with this will require that I pay multiple currency conversion fees.

I am now planning to use by own website and get away from selling on Ebay unless somebody can point me in a different direction.

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

Lots of people in the same boat as you, what were they thinking at Ebay or were not???

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

I'm with you! This new Ebay payment method is for the birds! For dozens of years, Paypal has worked smoothly. Why can't they keep it as an option? I don't want to commingle Ebay with my checking account and I don't want to open a new savings account just for my meager sales. What a mess. In the last few years Ebay has done it's best to drive people away. I've been an Ebay seller / buyer for over 20 years, but I'm planning to call it quits! Too big a hassle for the little guy.

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

I'm with you! This new eBay payment method is for the birds! For dozens of years, PayPal has worked smoothly. Why can't they keep it as an option? I don't want to commingle eBay with my checking account and I don't want to open a new savings account just for my meager sales. What a mess. In the last few years eBay has done it's best to drive people away. I've been an eBay seller / buyer for over 20 years, but I'm planning to call it quits! Too big a hassle for the little guy.

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

Okay thank you 

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

I am not seeing any rhyme/reason to the fees charged under the new eBay payout plan.

The fees range from 13% [which is logical for 10% ebay fee and 3% for use of credit/debit card fee -for purchase].

BUT, why do some fee amounts go all the way up to 16%?

I tried to get a phone call or have a chat on eBay today, neither option available.  They suggest I try again tomorrow.

This is NOT acceptable.  

Message 15 of 36
latest reply