cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious transfer under the new payment system - help appreciated.

I had no funds in my account as they had just cleared to my back. Everything went smoothly as far as I could tell - all fees taken out, etc. But the other day there was a transfer of a fair share of money straight out of my banking account under the new payment system, because I didn't have any funds. I am very confused as to what this transfer could even be. The only things I can think of are this - I had sold quite a bit under the old system in November, were there holdover fees that they took out? I also have an item that has gone unpaid. From my understanding seller fees are deducted immediately now, so if I have a "sale" but an unpaid item would this still trigger this transfer? I can't think of anything else but if anyone knows the deal I'd appreciate. 

Not a fan of the new system thus far. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Mysterious transfer under the new payment system - help appreciated.

Probably your store subscription fee plus additional listing fees. The MP system does not take out all the seller fees mainly the FVF. I note your sale of $1200 there maybe part of the additional fees from that sale? So if you used any listing upgrades and add your store subscription plus that bigger sale that would still all be on your monthly invoice which you should check. Also anything like adding a second cat to a listing would be extra  fees. You really need to go through your invoice. Its easily found on seller hub under account or my ebay / account. Not sure if you used promoted listings to.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@daymikat wrote:

But the other day there was a transfer of a fair share of money straight out of my banking account under the new payment system, because I didn't have any funds. I am very confused as to what this transfer could even be.

Did you look at your Managed Payments transaction report to find out what it was for? I have to imagine it would be on there. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

A very similar thing has happened to me, and I am trying to figure it out.  I'm not a great big seller but had several sales November and December.  They sent my payout for each sale to my bank minus the fees.  I have it sent daily and it seemed to work fine.  They posted an invoice in November, but I thought it was for the fees they automatically collected.  Then in Dec they added a late fee and took the entire amout out of my bank account on the same day!  In the previous setup I let them take the invoices automatically out of paypal once a month, but something feels wrong about this.

Like you, I cannot understand what is going on.  I have no store fees or subscriptions or over the 200 listings or anything that I know of.  

I hope this turns out to be an ebay glitch and we will be reimbursed for the mistaken withdraw!?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@purewater7 

you sold a large item.......Fischer Price something......and listing said shipped via Fed Ex.......  I believe Fedex charges are billed at the end of the month on the invoice? 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Thanks so much for looking into this for me!  I thought about FedEx, but on my payout activity they list all 4 of my fedex labels as being subtracted from my payouts before money was sent to my bank.  So they were apparently not invoiced.  (And no combination of the 4 labels adds up to the$55.43 bill before the late fee.)

I wonder if there is a way to get an itemized invoice from ebay?  The only item they list for me is the late fee.

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe we, the community, will be able to figure this out?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

you should be able to see the details on the invoice...........did you click on the month you want to look at and then scroll down for the details? 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@purewater7 wrote:

Thanks so much for looking into this for me!  I thought about FedEx, but on my payout activity they list all 4 of my fedex labels as being subtracted from my payouts before money was sent to my bank.  So they were apparently not invoiced.  (And no combination of the 4 labels adds up to the$55.43 bill before the late fee.)

I wonder if there is a way to get an itemized invoice from ebay?  The only item they list for me is the late fee.

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe we, the community, will be able to figure this out?

The initial Fedex charge is only an estimate.

Once Fedex gets the package and adjusts for dimensional weight and/or adds any applicable surcharges, you can get a second bill for the same label. 

Can you tell us exactly what your transaction detail report sdays about the charge? 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

If you shipped something big with FedEx they likely added a surcharge.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I'm not exactly sure which transaction detail is most helpful.  All of my FedEx items sold the same day, Nov 15.  Payout on Nov 17 minus the ebay fees.  Nov 24 I had 2 big sales totaling $89.03 and then it shows 3 of the FedEx charges being subtracted, totaling -$57.69.  Payout on Nov 26 was $31.34 which subtracts out and seemed right.   Nov 27-29 I had 5 sales totaling $55.27.  Nov 29 the last FedEx charge shows subtracted -$43.40.  Payout Dec 1 was $11.87 which subtracts perfectly and seemed right.

The first 3 FedEx charges says it was processing Nov 24 - completed Dec 18 and the fourth one says processing Nov 29 - completed Dec 18.  Dec 18 is also the date they withdrew $56.26 from my bank account; processing Dec 18 - completed Dec 21. 

The transaction detail on the actual withdrawal from the bank account lists a "Funds Summary" of which I do not understand : 

total funds before transfer -$157.35

available funds before transfer  $101.09

transferred funds $56.26

Interesting that The total FedEx fees are $101.09 all together. 

(Also odd is that I sold an item Dec 20 and it lists a payout of $0 for Dec 21.  Maybe a different issue?)  

So it seems that they already took the FedEx funds due before the detail says they were completed Dec 18, but then they took more money on Dec 18.  Does this look like a mistake to anyone else?  And I wonder where they are getting the $157.35?

Thanks so much for muddling through this with me!  Any help is much appreciated!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thank you very much!  I finally found the November invoice details.  It does show final value fees of $51.62 and a shipping charge of $7.82.  And these are all charges before I switched over to managed payments, so it looks like they are legit fees that I should have paid. 

On that invoice it also notes that I have PayPal set up for automatic payments and this will be deducted at the end of the month.  There is plenty money still in my PayPal that should have covered this.  I guess setting up the managed payments did away with PayPal being my defalt payment?

Which brings to mind the question of why they charged me a late fee when they decided to automatically deduct the invoice from my bank account instead of PayPal?  I mean it was late, technically, but ebay should have figured out how to keep my auto payment going before it got late!

Thanks so much!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I did figure out one thing.  The invoiced amount was for fees before I switched over to managed payments, so the $55.43 amount was correct.  (late fee of .83 is sad).  I would have rather ebay taken the invoice from PayPal like they always had instead of invading my personal bank account.

I assume this won't happen anymore since they are taking the fees out prior to the payouts?

Now my main mystery is what they meant by "total funds before transfer" of negative $157.35?  I wonder if I'm still in trouble?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I appreciate the help, but I have not found the amount taken out anywhere. I haven't used any listing upgrades except for one that cost me a dollar, don't have a store subscription, promoted listings, or have anything on my invoice that is the number that I saw taken out. I don't think it's a glitch or a mistake, although I guess it could be, but I'm mostly just dying to know what I was charged for. My gut tells me it's holdover FVF's from switching to MP in the middle of a bunch of sales or eBay possibly taking FVF's for a sale that had a buyer flake on me. I just closed that case and will be getting my credit back so I guess we'll see. Just so confused! Really do appreciate you taking the time to help, though.  

Message 13 of 13
latest reply