cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments withholding 83% ...

Good morning happy Managed Payments Members!  Today is the Weekly Payout day and I am on the edge of my seat just waiting to see how much money I get paid this week ... or NOT!  I watched sales pile up over the weekend but no money move from Processing to Available AND watched as the Available funds went negative after printing about 15 labels last evening ...

At this time of the morning on most Payout days I already have the message saying they sent a payout but not today ... which may be a good thing LOL, otherwise I'll get stiffed this week.

And here's another little tidbit of information ... it may be hard to see on the pic below BUT below the Available funds section is their note about how much they sent the previous Payout ... well believe it or not it states they sent my last Weekly Payout on Wednesday the 10th NOT Tuesday the 9th ... doesn't that seem odd when Tuesday is the Weekly Payout day?

Screenshot (2460).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Bump

Regards,
Message 2 of 73
latest reply

@mr_lincoln  I've seen multiple reports of delayed processing this week and we are experiencing it too.

I understand Monday was a bank holiday, so did not expect a payout to be processed, but previously even on holiday weekends payments were being processed as usual so they would be available for payout on Tuesday.

I am now seeing that we have orders from Thursday-Friday still processing and not moved to available for payout like they normally would be, so they were not included in today's payout - hoping they will be in tomorrow's. 

This is not how it has worked in the past on holiday weekends and I could see this may really put a crimp in things for those of you on weekly payouts. ☹️

Message 3 of 73
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@mr_lincoln  I've seen multiple reports of delayed processing this week and we are experiencing it too.

I understand Monday was a bank holiday, so did not expect a payout to be processed, but previously even on holiday weekends payments were being processed as usual so they would be available for payout on Tuesday.

I am now seeing that we have orders from Thursday-Friday still processing and not moved to available for payout like they normally would be, so they were not included in today's payout - hoping they will be in tomorrow's. 

This is not how it has worked in the past on holiday weekends and I could see this may really put a crimp in things for those of you on weekly payouts. ☹️

The movement of cash has not been consistent and correct me if I am wrong but isn't Managed Payments centered and located in Austin, TX?  That's where Trinton went and that's where I spoke to an MP rep last August after the account went active ... and this week Texas is getting hammered with ice storms and those people just are NOT equipped to deal with winter weather. I wonder how much of the weather down there is affecting MP ... truth is stranger than fiction ...

I think the other thing that is happening is this: as more accounts are put in MP the slower the whole system becomes.  I have said on more than one occasion, I think eventually the Daily Payouts cycle will go away and Weekly will be the norm.   I mean good grief, Daily was supposed to be every day and it has already progressed to exclude Weekends & Holidays ... that's about 110 days per year which is about 30% lost payment time ...

I had some sales on Thursday-Friday and some money trickled over to Available but not enough to cover label costs from the weekend sales ... so the cash flow stopped Friday evening ...

Regards,
Message 4 of 73
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

The movement of cash has not been consistent and correct me if I am wrong but isn't Managed Payments centered and located in Austin, TX?  That's where Trinton went and that's where I spoke to an MP rep last August after the account went active ... and this week Texas is getting hammered with ice storms and those people just are NOT equipped to deal with winter weather. I wonder how much of the weather down there is affecting MP ... truth is stranger than fiction ...

I think the other thing that is happening is this: as more accounts are put in MP the slower the whole system becomes.  I have said on more than one occasion, I think eventually the Daily Payouts cycle will go away and Weekly will be the norm.   I mean good grief, Daily was supposed to be every day and it has already progressed to exclude Weekends & Holidays ... that's about 110 days per year which is about 30% lost payment time ...

I had some sales on Thursday-Friday and some money trickled over to Available but not enough to cover label costs from the weekend sales ... so the cash flow stopped Friday evening ...

@mr_lincoln  some of the MP support may be at the Austin location.  However, eBay system status board shows all clear.  https://www.ebay.com/sts .

I am sympathetic to the fact that severe weather may be a factor but if that is the case, there is zero excuse for no communication.

BigCommerce is also located in Austin.  I know someone with a website hosted with them that is getting multiple email updates a day in regard to their customer service availability and any technical issues resulting from the weather.  eBay really has no excuse.

I think your thoughts about it slowing down as more sellers are enrolled are a much more likely scenario, as disappointing and frustrating as that is. ☹️

Message 5 of 73
latest reply

@valueaddedresource   Well, SOMETHING is happening right NOW ... I had logged out then logged back in and for the first time in a LONG time I got a Captcha screen as part of the login procedure, LOL!  Stairs this time, surprised they don't have one yet for Snow Plows!  I bet something on MP will FINALLY happen within the hour ...

Screenshot (2461).png

Regards,
Message 6 of 73
latest reply

bump ...

Regards,
Message 7 of 73
latest reply

My weekly payout is missing 4 days.  They processed nothing since Thursday.  My check is more than half short.  I've never had this happened.  Called eBay as was told because it was a holiday which is absolutely ridiculous.  Ebay is making interest off of all of those held payments.  It's ridiculous that we are suppose to be 4 days light on our pay outs when the week has 7 days.  They told me to switch it over to daily payouts because they should be processed today.  Why should we have to do that?  This is 100% illegal.  

Message 8 of 73
latest reply

I must say, I don't like the "new", less-transparent Blue screen in Managed Payments for cash.  I'd rather the older way with just lines of text and a bar that looked like a slow version of downloading----why---because "this is a bid-ness" (Purple Rain club manager).  Monday was a US Bank holiday and now that MP is under new rules for individual payments to clear, that's the way it is.  Still like it 1000 times more than the eBay/PayPal arrangement, but that blue screen can go.

Message 9 of 73
latest reply

@spreadlovelikefire wrote:

My weekly payout is missing 4 days.  They processed nothing since Thursday.  My check is more than half short.  I've never had this happened.  Called eBay as was told because it was a holiday which is absolutely ridiculous.  Ebay is making interest off of all of those held payments.  It's ridiculous that we are suppose to be 4 days light on our pay outs when the week has 7 days.  They told me to switch it over to daily payouts because they should be processed today.  Why should we have to do that?  This is 100% illegal.  

@spreadlovelikefire  well said ... I'm waiting for them to start charging us the negative balance in Available funds on our monthly invoice when they purposely DON'T payout what they owe us ... if that happens remember you heard it first right here!

And as of this writing I am still out 83% of monies owed and no message yet.

Regards,
Message 10 of 73
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@spreadlovelikefire wrote:

@spreadlovelikefire  well said ... I'm waiting for them to start charging us the negative balance in Available funds on our monthly invoice when they purposely DON'T payout what they owe us ... if that happens remember you heard it first right here!

@mr_lincoln  I doubt they'll even wait for the monthly invoice - they already have everything they need to just deduct funds from your bank account to cover negative balance at any time.

Message 11 of 73
latest reply

@mr_lincoln  I tagged the payments team in this thread https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/No-Payment-Processing-on-2-14/m-p/31621605#M109790 

Will let you know if we get a response.

Message 12 of 73
latest reply

I'm less than that.  I was only paid for 3 days.  They owe me another 65%, was only paid out 35% of my weekly.  

Message 13 of 73
latest reply

@shado-x wrote:

Monday was a US Bank holiday and now that MP is under new rules for individual payments to clear, that's the way it is.  

@shado-x  except this is not how things have been handled over holiday weekends previously.

Not getting a payout on Monday was normal for a bank holiday.  *However* in the past, even on holiday weekends, eBay continued to process funds and move them to "completed" status so that most of the money  would be available for payout on Tuesday.  That did not happen this weekend and there has been no explanation from eBay as to why.

Is it a one time "glitch"/technical issue due to severe weather or other issue? Is it yet another unannounced policy change that eBay doesn't think they have an obligation to notify us about?

I don't know, but hopefully eBay tells us something soon so we can all either just deal with a one off scenario this week or get to work adapting our businesses and cashflow AGAIN to try to survive.

Message 14 of 73
latest reply

I am also waiting for an answer that sadly may never come!

Message 15 of 73
latest reply