cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payment - Not Paying

I have about 1200.00 Ebay is holding of my money. Today is Wednesday 9/9/20. About 600.00 of that was Sales on Friday 9/4/20. The rest over the weekend. I elect payments to go to my bank account DAILY. So why is it that Ebay has been Piecemealing me MY MONEY??? Today they sent to my bank  130.00 from 2 of my items sold on Friday the 4th. Which I won't receive in my bank until tomorrow.  I have requested they call me today. Call is supposed to be within 1 minute. It is now going on a half hour! Managed Payment is TERRIBLE! I wish I could use PayPal again. With Paypal the minute the person paid you could transfer into your account in minutes.

Look I Love Ebay, & I make a lot of money selling on it BUT...COME ON EBAY you owned Paypal you know how to get the money over faster! YOU GOT TO DO BETTER!

Message 1 of 131
latest reply
130 REPLIES 130

Re: Managed Payment - Not Paying

I think the point is with PP you got your money immediately. With Mangled Payments it takes about a week to get your money. The issue for me is I had no choice in the matter. I was forced into Mangled Payments.

Message 16 of 131
latest reply

And with all the thousands of ranting posts regarding shipping before the money is in your hand, I've yet to see one saying that the item was shipped, but the funds never appeared in your bank. Not one! What does that tell you?

Message 17 of 131
latest reply

It tells me that even though apparently there is no risk the money won't come through, ebay still can't see their way to 'fronting' the sellers their funds as soon as ebay gets theirs.

Message 18 of 131
latest reply

I respectfully disagree. Every transaction is on line now days, even for checks. I use a credit card service for my business.  For the time I swipe the card, to the time it takes to be deposited in my account. 24-48 hours at the most. The longest is AMEX.  When I use my credit card, the transaction is post to my card within 24hrs. "Here is the basic thing that eBay has not really explained:" Ayden and Ebay are making money on the Float... Millions and 100rds of millions of daily sales. Another issue they are not telling you is this all depends on your credit worthiness, on how fast you get paid. "According to the Terms & Conditions section of their website, Ayden does state they reserve the right to review a merchant's (i.e. us sellers) 'creditworthiness'. "

Message 19 of 131
latest reply

@taylors996 wrote:

I respectfully disagree. Every transaction is on line now days, even for checks. I use a credit card service for my business.  For the time I swipe the card, to the time it takes to be deposited in my account. 24-48 hours at the most. The longest is AMEX.  When I use my credit card, the transaction is post to my card within 24hrs. "Here is the basic thing that eBay has not really explained:" Ayden and Ebay are making money on the Float... Millions and 100rds of millions of daily sales. Another issue they are not telling you is this all depends on your credit worthiness, on how fast you get paid. "According to the Terms & Conditions section of their website, Ayden does state they reserve the right to review a merchant's (i.e. us sellers) 'creditworthiness'. "

But you're skipping a step - eBay is the merchant of record. They very well may see the funds in 24-48 hours - but they then have to transfer the funds to us - the end user. That transfer time is going to vary from user to user. The sellers that bank with the same bank that eBay uses are going to get the funds faster than those who use a different bank or credit union. I'm guessing that the sellers who see the money the same day that eBay pays it out are using the same bank - it doesn't have to go through the Fed.

I'm typically seeing my deposited funds the next day.  I just looked at my account and the deposit that was sent by eBay  yesterday shows as a pending deposit in my bank today, which means for my bank it will be a completed deposit at midnight tonight. What is unpredictable is how fast my funds in eBay become available/deposited rather than pending. It's not like it is a dependable 2 day delay. Some funds are 1 day, others 3 or 4.

And I've always said that despite eBay's adamant denial - they absolutely are making money on the float.  Along with at $0.30 transaction fee. Assume for a moment that there are a million transactions a day on eBay - once those are all converted to MP - that's a $300k daily payout.

Message 20 of 131
latest reply

I totally get what you are saying but it's the 21st century and there is no way any of this is going through human hands so for the processing to be this slow is just insane...especially over the weekends.  If I get money sent to me on Friday it will not show up in my account until Monday at the earliest....it's insanely stupid that the weekend gets in the way.

Message 21 of 131
latest reply

ebay is now your bank. it's disgusting. they pay you whenever they want. remember pp when you could make a sale, then say...buy something an hour later! forget that! it's **bleep**. think about this...i had to go to the bank to get a debit card to use ebay. i can't stop saying it. i had to go to the bank to continue to use ebay and we're paying more!!! sellers have no chance in any dispute period. i had a guy claim damage, showed me some pictures. when you zoom in, the return address wasn't even from me!!! well a brain and 2 eyes would see this right? wrong, i automatically had to issue the refund. it was absolutely 100% fraud and they could care less. managed payments huh? how bout putting in the T.O.S. when you sign up for ebay you must attach a form of payment. i get so many time wasters win auctions with 0 stars and you never hear a word from them. put in the T.O.S. should you the buyer fail to pay within the 6 day period, the money will be automatically deducted from your account and into the sellers. THAT WILL STOP THAT NONSENSE!!! well your response would be, well you can't do that, it's stealing. Really? that's not how i look at it right or wrong. do you walk into walmart, pick something up, walk around with it in the store for 6 days then put it back and say whoops my bad? hardly. you bought it, you pay. not that hard. at least something would go in the sellers favor. the kid made the bid, i accidentally bid on this item, i already bought this from someone, the cat ate a mouse, you wouldn't care. this time you would open an unpaid knowing you'd get paid at the end. problem solved. ebay, you are losing sellers at an alarming rate. you think you'll be king forever? another site will get it right or at least way better, just need tons of traffic. and back to the original pp thing. yeah it worked so well they decided to eliminate pp and be your bank. we'll pay you when we see fit. there's something illegal here and i'm no lawyer. at best it's unethical. 

Message 22 of 131
latest reply

Same here. eBay to bank is a Joke

Takes way too long

This is what will kill eBay.

Make sellers wait FOREVER to get THERE $$$$. From There products.

This is what eBay doesn't get.

Too many sellers will Quit over this

Message 23 of 131
latest reply

I started with Ebay Mangled payments in August.  All of a sudden,  in early October,  payments stopped going into my bank account.  Bank account needed to be verified?  Contacted eBay by call back and was told I needed to upload a bank statement or voided check. Sent voided check, representative said it looked ok, but would need 24 to 48 hours to take effect.  Nine days and 4 calls later, it's still the same situation.  Thursday night, representative asked me not to call anymore,  and wait for her to contact me on Monday morning with an answer "positive or negative ".  Items have shipped out and ebay is sitting on about $1300 of my money.

Message 24 of 131
latest reply

I also hate eBay's Managed Payments, want to use PayPal

Message 25 of 131
latest reply

You hate it so much, yet you're NOT even in Managed Payments. 

Message 26 of 131
latest reply

Managed payments are a nightmare, I went over on 11/2 got paid first 3 times each day then when sales got better payment declined this happened for 6 days called managed payments 30 minutes on the phone no sense given and no action taken, told I would see a red bar and follow the instructions. That never happened until yesterday I switched my bank accounts to another  which has company and personal accounts and I did not allow them to crawl over it using my internet banking. This morning I get the red bar in seller hub and they want the account verified, so I did the 2 deposit verification. I have put my eBay store on vacation until resolved as they are holding nearly $6,000 and I am not pouring the money out of my stock into eBay when I can sell it in Amazon, Walmart and Etsy with out the hassle I am getting here of being paid.

Message 27 of 131
latest reply

Yes, Amazon should work well for you. They pay out every two weeks. 

Message 28 of 131
latest reply

Your completed listings show only one sale for $52 back in Sept. 

Message 29 of 131
latest reply

WRONG! It's Adyen!

Adyen is a Dutch payment company that allows businesses to accept e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale payments

Every payment that goes through Managed Payments is processed through Adyen in Holland!

Thus the long delay into our bank accounts! So no matter how a buyer pays, even if they pay

with Pay Pal, credit card whatever, Adyen takes that payment, holds it, redistributes it back to the USA and eBay, then through all of the financial institutions. Last year when I joined MP it was taking as much as seven days to get paid, and yes they piecemeal it! Welcome to the future of e-commerce

on eBay!

Message 30 of 131
latest reply