cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not that the payment system is slow, which it is, the problem comes when ebay doesn't pay you!

I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later, when managed payments noticed that if they dont pay out money, it stays in their account and they get to use it / earn interest on it.

So they start writing no-reply letters telling you that they wont pay money into your account which Paypal had no problem with, and which eBay initially had no problem with!   Suddenly your bank account is not good enough any more, principally because if they say this (and wont let you respond), they get to keep your money!

They started this managed payments system by holding on to customer's money for a week before paying it out.   Then, when they could be sure no one would bother to complain (in an age of .01% interest rates), they have started hanging on to the money and not actually paying it out at all.

Should we complain to the FTC or wouldn't they bother with this sort of complaint?

Does anyone know what is the learning curve for selling collectables on Instagram please?

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: It's not that the payment system is slow, which it is, the problem comes when ebay doesn't pay y

@mam98031 wrote:

AS has been said more times than I can count.  Adyen is the money processor.  Ebay would have them hold the money.

Same way they did with PP when they were are money processor.  Ebay would instruct PP to hold funds sometimes.

Sorry, but I can find nothing out there that supports what you saying on this.....care to post a link with supporting documentation?   

Absent that, I'll just go with the Adyen is a Payment Processing Provider for eBay's sales.  Thanks.  

Message 31 of 52
latest reply

Re: It's not that the payment system is slow, which it is, the problem comes when ebay doesn't pay y

The Pakistani and Indian or some other third world society, is much cheaper to pay for customer service reps. So they do what most successful American businesses do, they email their new csr a "catch-all" script that is supposed to include an answer for every question/issue and they proceed to repeat the same line over and over and over again. They don't really understand what it means or what your problem is, they are basically making sounds with their mouths that sort of sound like what is written on their script. Absolutely no help whatsoever, and sometimes more harm than good, like today, for me, and yesterday...

All we have to do is find enough people here in the US willing to work cheaper than their subcontractors do and we will finally get someone on the phone to read us the script that we can finally understand. It's so simple....

Message 32 of 52
latest reply

@north40sales wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

AS has been said more times than I can count.  Adyen is the money processor.  Ebay would have them hold the money.

Same way they did with PP when they were are money processor.  Ebay would instruct PP to hold funds sometimes.

Sorry, but I can find nothing out there that supports what you saying on this.....care to post a link with supporting documentation?   

Absent that, I'll just go with the Adyen is a Payment Processing Provider for eBay's sales.  Thanks.  

I'm not getting into this circular conversation with you yet again.  So in your experience as a seller PP never held funds for any reason ever due to an Ebay issue, claim, etc.  You are absolutely treated differently that most of us, so congratulations on that.  

"I'll just go with the Adyen is a Payment Processing Provider for eBay's sales."  Which is EXACTLY what you have been told by me and others countless times.  So what is it that you want.  You seem to understand this point judging from this statement.  So no further discussion really is needed.  I'm glad you understand.  That is a good thing.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 33 of 52
latest reply

That's total **bleep**. EBAY is the designer of their MP system. Ayden is just a holder.

Low sales? If you buy 1 item in a store do they hold it back on you until you by another?

Message 34 of 52
latest reply

@psycheme wrote:

That's total **bleep**. EBAY is the designer of their MP system. Ayden is just a holder.

Low sales? If you buy 1 item in a store do they hold it back on you until you by another?

If Adyen operates like every other payment processer they hold nothing really.   They simply process the buyer's payment submitted by their client (in this case, eBay) and transfer the funds to their client's account.   The funds pass through and only are slowed by clearance times on both sides and when their client closes their batch that contains the payment which is probably done daily.    

Message 35 of 52
latest reply

@psycheme wrote:

@psycheme 

MP is a money processing system ONLY.  It doesn't do anything but process the money.  It has nothing to do with who buys what or when.  It simply processes the money as buyers buy stuff.  It is not any more complicated than that.

Message 36 of 52
latest reply

This new so called MP payment system is horrible. I just purchased my first items since being kicked off May 2021 as a 20 yr seller. Yes kicked off for not signing up for MP. That's not the issue.

Purchased 2 items received feedback but items will not be shipped until merchant get funds released. Sometime after Oct 1st for possible delivery. Purchase date Sept 16.

EBay has definitely screwed up. This is the worst payment system I have ever seen.

So glad I sell elsewhere at 10% commission NOT 14.5% on eBay. WOW! I will think twice before I buy on eBay again. Very disappointed in eBay management if you want to call them managers. They stink.

And don't tell me I'm complaining my facts and experience are current and accurate 

Paypal please start a auction site 

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

virtualthrifting
Adventurer

One month now they have been “verifying” my bank. I’m told nothing that makes sense every time I call they say a few more days. I am starting to think they never plan on releasing my funds 

Message 38 of 52
latest reply

29 for me

Message 39 of 52
latest reply

@virtualthrifting wrote:

One month now they have been “verifying” my bank. I’m told nothing that makes sense every time I call they say a few more days. I am starting to think they never plan on releasing my funds 

Next time you have them on the phone ask them if eBay plans on paying you interest on your funds while they are holding them. 

Message 40 of 52
latest reply

@psycheme wrote:

This new so called MP payment system is horrible. I just purchased my first items since being kicked off May 2021 as a 20 yr seller. Yes kicked off for not signing up for MP. That's not the issue.

Purchased 2 items received feedback but items will not be shipped until merchant get funds released. Sometime after Oct 1st for possible delivery. Purchase date Sept 16.

EBay has definitely screwed up. This is the worst payment system I have ever seen.

So glad I sell elsewhere at 10% commission NOT 14.5% on eBay. WOW! I will think twice before I buy on eBay again. Very disappointed in eBay management if you want to call them managers. They stink.

And don't tell me I'm complaining my facts and experience are current and accurate 

Paypal please start a auction site 

If you have sellers that say they won't be shipping for a few days, you should have noticed that in their listings.  A seller's stated handling time in their listings have to be accurate to what the seller does.  This has not changed.  So if you have sellers shipping outside of their stated handling time, that is a breach of the selling rules.

Don't blame Ebay or MP for some sellers that are misbehaving.  Take it up with your sellers.

As to Ebay not allowing you to sell on the site unless you sign up for MP.  That rule is for everyone, not just you.  Ebay has every right to set the payment terms on the site that they own.

Message 41 of 52
latest reply

@north40sales wrote:

@virtualthrifting wrote:

Next time you have them on the phone ask them if eBay plans on paying you interest on your funds while they are holding them. 

Why would you advise this?  You know darn good and well it isn't going to happen.  What is it that you are trying to stir up here?  Is it really necessary.  Doesn't this seller have enough to contend with just trying to get their money out of MP?

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@north40sales wrote:

@virtualthrifting wrote:

Why would you advise this?  You know darn good and well it isn't going to happen.  What is it that you are trying to stir up here?  Is it really necessary.  Doesn't this seller have enough to contend with just trying to get their money out of MP?

If I had my funds held captive for 29+ days for reasons that they cannot explain clearly, I'd be asking for interest on my funds.  

It cannot hurt and it could just be the thing that lets eBay know that they are doing irreparable damage to their relationship with this seller. 

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

OK, not sure it will do anything but cause more bad feelings, but you go for it if it makes you feel better.  How much would that be BTW, under a $1 per thousand?  Probably less that that.  But you have to do what is important to you.

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

OK, not sure it will do anything but cause more bad feelings, but you go for it if it makes you feel better.  How much would that be BTW, under a $1 per thousand?  Probably less that that.  But you have to do what is important to you.

I am not the one that has the funds being held, so my feelings are irrelevant to the conversation. 

Message 45 of 52
latest reply