cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not that the payment system is slow, which it is, the problem comes when ebay doesn't pay you!

I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later, when managed payments noticed that if they dont pay out money, it stays in their account and they get to use it / earn interest on it.

So they start writing no-reply letters telling you that they wont pay money into your account which Paypal had no problem with, and which eBay initially had no problem with!   Suddenly your bank account is not good enough any more, principally because if they say this (and wont let you respond), they get to keep your money!

They started this managed payments system by holding on to customer's money for a week before paying it out.   Then, when they could be sure no one would bother to complain (in an age of .01% interest rates), they have started hanging on to the money and not actually paying it out at all.

Should we complain to the FTC or wouldn't they bother with this sort of complaint?

Does anyone know what is the learning curve for selling collectables on Instagram please?

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

It's not that the payment system is slow, which it is, the problem comes when ebay doesn't pay you!

eBay have been holding my money for 18 days now.

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

Due to your low sales numbers they are probably holding your funds for 21 days similar to a new seller. And Ayden is holding your money, not eBay.

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

@intlaw wrote:

I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later, when managed payments noticed that if they dont pay out money, it stays in their account and they get to use it / earn interest on it.

So they start writing no-reply letters telling you that they wont pay money into your account which Paypal had no problem with, and which eBay initially had no problem with!   Suddenly your bank account is not good enough any more, principally because if they say this (and wont let you respond), they get to keep your money!

They started this managed payments system by holding on to customer's money for a week before paying it out.   Then, when they could be sure no one would bother to complain (in an age of .01% interest rates), they have started hanging on to the money and not actually paying it out at all.

Should we complain to the FTC or wouldn't they bother with this sort of complaint?

Does anyone know what is the learning curve for selling collectables on Instagram please?

Check out eBay's carefully worded statement on the interest thing....

They specifically identify the three times that they do not earn interest on buyer's funds.

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

@jda10121 wrote:

Due to your low sales numbers they are probably holding your funds for 21 days similar to a new seller. And Ayden is holding your money, not eBay.

Ayden is a tool used BY eBay, not us. This is eBays doing. 

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

Casual Sellers/Occasional Sellers/Very Low volume sellers in MP are treated as new sellers and will have holds on their payouts...I expect same to happen to myself if I were to start selling again on eBay((has already happened to my partner who has been a seller on eBay for 20 years, but had not sold in the past year due to all the postal delays(Covid-related) and all that...))

Yes, It's totally unfair to long time sellers, but that's the way it is and we have to accept that if we want to sell on eBay.

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

@joycemo2828 wrote:

eBay have been holding my money for 18 days now.

@joycemo2828 

There are a variety of reasons that a seller's money may be held up in MP.  There is NOT one answer fits all.  So when you post this short message on all the threads you have, it doesn't tell anyone anything at all.

For you and @intlaw , it actually might be the same reason.  Ebay has a rule for many years for New Seller and sellers returning to selling after 90+ days away.  So for you, it is likely only a few more days before your money is released to you, for the OP I'm not sure how long they have been holding their money.

For both of you it would be a good idea to review these policies.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/funds-availability.html

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=415...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 52
latest reply

@north40sales 

It is easy to see that the OP is a returning seller after some time away from selling, so like it or not, from someone you said this about in the past, their issue is likely the hold on New Seller and Returning Seller funds.  I supplied links above.

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

@edwardkoch1978 wrote:

@jda10121 wrote:

Ayden is a tool used BY eBay, not us. This is eBays doing. 

It likely has nothing to do with Adyen or MP at all.  Ebay has had policies on the books for years that covered holding money on new sellers and returning sellers.

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

I'm not "a returning seller after some time away from selling". I had been selling continuously when eBay just started pretending that they couldnt identify me as owning my bank accounts, - after paying money into those very accounts!  Now they have noticed they needn't pay me my money at all with no consequences for them.

So they have just stopped and are just holding on to it. Whatever they ask for doesnt suffice whenI upload it.

They are just holding on to it.

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

Same here.

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

Looks like your last sales were June 10th, and July 8th..Ebay considers you a new seller,and will hold your payments.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 12 of 52
latest reply

OK, now this would make sense.

But why wouldn't eBay tell me this, after 7 times contacting them?

They could have at least said 'hey you haven't sold much over the last several months so we're just holding it to make sure your transactions go smoothly'.

But they don't tell me that, they just keep my account restricted saying I am not yet verified despite me sending them everything that they requested of me.

I keep being told to wait, it will resolve itself, there is a delay in your verification, but rest assured all will be well, please just wait a few more days, it's in process, ect.

It would have made a lot more sense if someone from eBay told me there was an extra hold on my account because of lack of sales, but I really don't think that is it.

There is something preventing my account restriction being lifted and passing through the verification process.

Unfortunately, I don't know what that is, and eBay refuses to tell me.

?

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

"But why wouldn't eBay tell me this, after 7 times contacting them?"

Probably because most of the outsourced csr's dont know that, and are scripted. And I expect Ebay thinks most sellers adhere to the UA and are aware of  the holds for occasional selling.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 14 of 52
latest reply

Of course it isn't 'ebay is holding on to your money just to make sure of nothing in particular'.

They are just holding on to it. no reason needs to be told to CSRs because there is none, - after, in my case paying out; slowly but at least paying.  Suddenly they just stop.

Message 15 of 52
latest reply