cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to sell on ebay without a checking account now that managed payments are here?

sw2go
Rising Star

My ebay sales are from a hobby and it's not worth having a checking account for as I've used the Paypal account as the bank account. When managed payments rolls out, I dont see any way to use ebay anymore. Is this correct?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Is there a way to sell on ebay without a checking account now that managed payments are here?

@buyologist-3 wrote:

My understanding is Pay Pal turned ebay down for renewal of contract.  It's not ebay's choice.

@buyologist-3 

Could you post a citation for that information?

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Re: Is there a way to sell on ebay without a checking account now that managed payments are here?

On eBay, members are allowed to have more than one eBay ID.  Some of us have one for buying, one for selling and one for posting to the Boards.  I don't know if bonjourami is in that category or not.

And, just in case you decide to check me out -- I could be one of those who have more than one eBay ID.

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

@eleanor*rigby wrote:

@buyologist-3 wrote:

My understanding is Pay Pal turned ebay down for renewal of contract.  It's not ebay's choice.

@buyologist-3 

Could you post a citation for that information?

@eleanor*rigby 

I've explained this before on a few threads.  What @buyologist-3  stated "My understanding is Pay Pal turned ebay down for renewal of contract.  It's not ebay's choice." is incorrect.  What happened is that some posters misquoted something that the CEO of PP stated last year, then others repeated it and so the inaccurate information kept on showing up.

What actually happened was the the CEO of PP stated they did not want to renew the contract that was ending in June of 2020.  That contract was the one that was from the Separation of Ebay and PP.  And while I am confident that PP didn't want to renew that contract, I'm also confident Ebay didn't either.  There were serious restriction in there on both parties, Ebay and PP.  So neither party wanted to live with those restrictions any longer.  I find that completely understandable.

But that is NOT the contract that posters are referring to.  In fact Ebay and PP are under a contractual agreement right now.  They DID sign one.  Both Ebay and PP.  It allows for PP to act as the money processor for any seller not in MP and it allows for PP to still process payments by buyers if they want to use PP.

This contract is active now and continues to 2023.  It is too soon to know if they will renew this contract or not.  It is likely not to even come up in discussion until later next year.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 18 of 35
latest reply

I know that, and you know that--I really just wanted to see what the person who posted the misinformation was going to come up with in support of that false claim. 😁

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

@eleanor*rigby wrote:

I know that, and you know that--I really just wanted to see what the person who posted the misinformation was going to come up with in support of that false claim. 😁

I believe they do as they posted this on another thread in which I told them basically the same thing.  

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

justintime-4
Adventurer

I do not have any desire to get a bank account.  It is unfortunate that the changes were made. I guess it's all a part of the process to put everything under one order. Thankfully ebay is not the only place to sell online.  Although I wouldn't be surprised if all other selling platforms change to such restrictions as well. 

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

@justintime-4 wrote:

I do not have any desire to get a bank account.  It is unfortunate that the changes were made. I guess it's all a part of the process to put everything under one order. Thankfully ebay is not the only place to sell online.  Although I wouldn't be surprised if all other selling platforms change to such restrictions as well. 

Most other selling platforms changed years ago. eBay was the exception.

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

@justintime-4 wrote:

How are you planning on getting paid if you sell anything?

Have a great day.
Message 23 of 35
latest reply

@justintime-4 wrote:

@justintime-4 

What does "...everything under one order" mean?

You are correct.  ALL the larger sites similar to Ebay have a very similar MP system and have had for years.  Ebay is the last of the larger sites to adopt this, not the first.

Make sure you do your homework, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

I had 4 ebay account s been with them at least 17 years , I am now selling on FB  marketplace and other sites 

for I will not have ebay in my bank accounts , I have been selling  as much or more than I ever did on Ebay ,so for me it has been a good move , it is whatever works for you , and also this way I don't get a 1099 tax due 

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

@biloxibaglady wrote:

I had 4 ebay account s been with them at least 17 years , I am now selling on FB  marketplace and other sites 

for I will not have ebay in my bank accounts , I have been selling  as much or more than I ever did on Ebay ,so for me it has been a good move , it is whatever works for you , and also this way I don't get a 1099 tax due 

With or without a 1099K, you are suppose to claim your income from internet sales on your Federal tax returns.  It is NOT just for those that receive a 1099K.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

ah well we all know now that you are knee-deep into tax evasion..

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

@biloxibaglady wrote:

You don't need a 1099 to claim your income.

Have a great day.
Message 28 of 35
latest reply

@biloxibaglady wrote:

So you can evade taxes which the rest of us pay?  

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 29 of 35
latest reply

fox50mustangs
Rising Star

You can use PayPal as your bank account. Go to PayPal where they have a link to sign up for direct deposit, click on the link and it will show you a routing number and account number for your PayPal account. Give that to eBay as your bank account number. Any payments from eBay will go to your PayPal account. 

Message 30 of 35
latest reply