cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is eBays payment system safe and FDIC insured

Hello, We are a company that sell items that have a cost range from $450. to $1k+. The items are made in the U.S. and ship same day from our online outlet. We are about to try ebay but have been reading some posts and watching the news that has us really worried. 

How safe is ebays payment system? Is it secure and encrypted? Is it FDIC insured in all States?

Message 1 of 216
latest reply
215 REPLIES 215

Re: Is eBays payment system safe and FDIC insured

eBay has 6 CEOs? 

Poster knows nothing about eBay so is lecturing us about it.  OK.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 121 of 216
latest reply

I was all worked up about the same thing..I thought to myself lets keep talking about the trust and safety debacle..........it was the work of a lone wolf pack...............what can I say

it was a federal thing and as usually happens there are  guilty pleas

bad behavior is kept secret at ebay just like counterfeit merchandise solutions........ or lack of

keep on ebayin

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 122 of 216
latest reply

Yes, and it's beyond obvious that most of these replies are coming from fake ebay workers trying to sway readers from facts and truths. It's does not matter when the news was reported articles like this always matter:

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/06/15/ebay-employees-arrested-u-s-attorney-andrew-lelling-cyberstal...

This is the same thing happening in this community forum right now on 100's of posts - cyber stalking.

ebay actually pays people to defend the company in this forum.

You can actually loose your ebay account for making any statement against ebay in this forum.

That says a lot about the company and it's owners.

Message 123 of 216
latest reply

So if you read my 1st post (which would be ideal before posting replies) you may understand why. Maybe not? So while we wait for customers to buy we talk smack with other users in the community forum. I get it.

No wonder why this forum is so busy. Low sales?

Message 124 of 216
latest reply

This has to be my last post on this topic.

Sorry that you are laboring under the illusion that we are eBay employees.

Lose your account by making an anti-eBay statement? Can you show proof of that?

If eBay is paying people to defend the company in this forum, I feel cheated since I am apparently not getting in on that.  

Message 125 of 216
latest reply

: Sales are low again today. Hmmm I'll go hang out in the ebay forum to defend the company.

Message 126 of 216
latest reply

She's a Used clothing Seller wow how's that going on ebay?  hilarious

You defend ebay like you work for them. In time you will never support them again. 100% GUARANTEED

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/06/15/ebay-employees-arrested-u-s-attorney-andrew-lelling-cyberstal...

Same thing going on in this community forum on a lower scale. Beyond obvious these are ebay workers at home on their computers paid to sway readers.

When you play with fire. you will eventually get burned.

You are just mad because our company asked the right questions before jumping into this fire.

Message 127 of 216
latest reply

@bivv_0 wrote:

How many things did you sell today?

https://www.businessinsider.com/cyber-thieves-took-data-on-145-million-ebay-customers-by-hacking-3-c...

That story was copied from a Reuters story from May 2014.  The follow-up was that no personal data or financial data was hacked, anyhow.  Why are you posting this old news now, with the date removed?  

Why didn't you post a link to one of the PayPal hacks, which are more recent? 

No, wait, I know why:  You are a fifth columnist, a saboteur, a subversive, a Trojan horse, here to condemn eBay in every aspect, allege everything from indifference to corruption, deliberately post half-truths, misinformation, and disinformation, and work to persude others to cease buying and selling here.  You denigrate and undermine, and do so to the benefit of eBay's competitors.  I wonder who you're shilling for, and how much you're paid to do it.

=

Message 128 of 216
latest reply

Nah, you give OP too much credit for having any influence whatsoever.   She's just another lackey, a flunky from some eBay competitor.   Probably works for ten cents a post, poor thing, so at least we've helped her get up into the lunch-money pay range now.

=

Message 129 of 216
latest reply

The calm tenor of your OP, and then later your irascible bitterness, accusations and obvious lack of self-control in your subsequent posts, leads me to believe you have an alternate agenda in trying to rip apart and denigrate Ebay and the very sellers here that take their time out to get on this forum in order to HELP and guide those with legitimate questions or requests for help.

I don't believe your OP is genuinely asking for clarification, as you would rather argue and lose your cool. I believe that Ebay would be better off if you chose another online sales venue to list your items. And I hope I never innocently buy any of your items, as this thread shows me your customer service would not at all be up to a good service standard.

Cheers, Duffy 

Message 130 of 216
latest reply

"Thank you. This program is not meeting our standards for a secure selling platform."

It seems to me OP is wa-a-a-ay overthinking this.  

Message 131 of 216
latest reply

Please forgive my mischievous nine year old, "Biv", she got on to my computer when I took a break. Sorry for the trouble.

Message 132 of 216
latest reply

@crbiv-63 wrote:

Please forgive my mischievous nine year old, "Biv", she got on to my computer when I took a break. Sorry for the trouble.

Hold on.  The last time you told us it was your three-year-old dachshund "Biv" on your computer, which I find more believable, actually.

😈  🙊

=

Message 133 of 216
latest reply

@crbiv-63 wrote:

@crbiv-63 

Another person who created a brand new member id just today, apparently in order to post that comment.

Message 134 of 216
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

@crbiv-63 wrote:

Hold on.  The last time you told us it was your three-year-old dachshund "Biv" on your computer, which I find more believable, actually.

😈  🙊

=

We named our wiener dog the same as our daughter.

Message 135 of 216
latest reply