cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delay Managed Pay Out until I've shipped?

Most of my things are hand made. I ship in 4 BUSINESS days. I've set up managed payments for once a week. I use my Pending payments to pay for shipping. Money is Payed Out on Monday night. When I have someone pay for something on a Saturday, Ebay removes the money from my Pending Payment and I  have to go through the extra step of using my credit card on Paypal to pay for shipping. Etsy and Amazon don't release my money until I've shipped.  I hate making a label saying I've shipped the item before I've actually have done so. Yes, there is a pull down that lets me say when I'm shipping but with federal Holidays and such the pull down sometimes doesn't go far enough to the day I will ship.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How can I delay Managed Pay Out until I've shipped?

You can always change your handling time to 4 - 5 days and state clearly in your description that your items being hand made, take a little longer.  Not sure how I'd handle the shipping, other than attach your MP bank account to PP and keep enough money there to cover an average week' shipping.

@hendcoff wrote:

Most of my things are hand made. I ship in 4 BUSINESS days. I've set up managed payments for once a week. I use my Pending payments to pay for shipping. Money is Payed Out on Monday night. When I have someone pay for something on a Saturday, Ebay removes the money from my Pending Payment and I  have to go through the extra step of using my credit card on Paypal to pay for shipping. Etsy and Amazon don't release my money until I've shipped.  I hate making a label saying I've shipped the item before I've actually have done so. Yes, there is a pull down that lets me say when I'm shipping but with federal Holidays and such the pull down sometimes doesn't go far enough to the day I will ship.

You print the label when you are ready to ship.

If you have no money the funds will go minus(-).  They will not immediately go to your checking to grab that money.   That could happen if there is a loooooooooooong interval between sales.

When you have another sale the minus(-) funds will come from there.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

My handling time IS 4 days. Ebay knows this and so do my buyers. How do I attach my MP to paypal? I thought the point of the Managed Payment was so Ebay could avoid having the money go to paypal. I'm confused.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I get a message that says 'You have no pending payment funds'. I don't see any way to "go minus".

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@hendcoff wrote:

My handling time IS 4 days. Ebay knows this and so do my buyers. How do I attach my MP to paypal? I thought the point of the Managed Payment was so Ebay could avoid having the money go to paypal. I'm confused.

Print your labels right on eBay using MP pending funds. Print the label when ready to ship.

Option is right on the label printing page.  Just scroll down to that option.

Payment for the label will come out of pending(processing) funds before "payout".

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@hendcoff wrote:

I get a message that says 'You have no pending payment funds'. I don't see any way to "go minus".

OK, was not aware that they were doing that. I have always been able to print, and go minus.

Your sales seem to be steady. Thought you would be OK.

I'm set up for weekly payouts, so seldom have funds already gone, but I do see your "not shipping until made" can cause issues.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Ebay has already sent the payout to me before I'm ready to ship!!!!! There is no money in my pending funds to pay for shipping! That is the whole point of my question.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@hendcoff wrote:

Ebay has already sent the payout to me before I'm ready to ship!!!!! There is no money in my pending funds to pay for shipping! That is the whole point of my question.

@hendcoff 

I'm in MP, but still select to use PayPal for my eBay shipping labels. Just set your bank account or a credit card as your 'Preferred' payment method while shopping. Once your PayPal balance is zero, the funds will pull from it.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Can you change the date or hold off on your payout before it goes? I know you can elsewhere that uses Adyen.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

To my knowledge you can only choose to have payouts every day or every week. That's one of the reasons I asked the question, hoping someone was more knowledgeable than I am.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thanks! I do know that I can pay for shipping with Paypal which IS what I do when I need to ship something and I have no Pending funds.  But since Ebay switched to MP I never have any money in my Paypal account so I would be paying with my credit card each time.  It just makes more sense to pay with the Pending funds.  And it makes my book keeping so much easier.  I really don't want multiple charges for shipping showing up on my credit card.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply