cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are disputes handled with MP?

Since eBay is forcing sellers to give them their bank account information, does that mean eBay has the authority to go into your bank account and remove money if a seller opens up a dispute?  

I’ve already made my decision, I will no longer be using eBay to sell. It’s bad enough they now require your Social Security number or tax identification number now they want your bank account number too, no thank you, it’s none of their business they can send it to my PayPal account like they’ve been doing for the last decade or they can lose me as a customer. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How are disputes handled with MP?

Most sellers are opening a checking account separate from their primary one. This would be at a different bank or CU and used just for online selling. You would give them the same account number that is printed on all your checks.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That wasn't my question.  I understand what an account number is and where to find it.  I can open 100 bank accounts, what I want to know is if someone opens a dispute, will eBay go into whatever account I have and remove the money?  Sometimes I sell some very expensive items, 5 figures, I don't always have that kind of money sitting in the account.  Plus, many bank accounts have fees unless you maintain a certain balance or have direct deposit of you paycheck.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes they can go into your account to recover money for refunds.

I take take it your question is can they remove money as well as deposit it?  Yea-baby they sure can. 

Gone are the early days of paypal where you could empty your paypal account and if you lost a case the buyer would be told sorry there are no funds in that account. It then went on to say you don't have to do any more at this time.

Translation, yoo screwed go away now.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Really?  I never had that happen where PayPal told the buyer sorry.  If I was the seller, Paypal would just put my account in the negative instead of going into my account and pulling money.  I would just have to send money or just wait a few days until another person paid and the account would go right.  I've been doing eBay and PayPal since the start and never had any issues, disputes are rare but I don't need fleabay overreaching and putting their hands into my account.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply