cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees taken out of payment in managed payments

Is anyone else able to continue paying eBay fees monthly by credit card? I'm in managed payments (have been for about a year now) and they're taking eBay FV fees immediately out of the payment collected from the buyer. This may not seem like a big deal; but on a large scale, it all adds up. EBay gets their money before the sellers funds are released. I've been paying my eBay fees by credit card monthly and receiving 'cash back' on my credit card. When the fees are $1,400 a month, this cash back adds up. We use the 'cash back' to help purchase new inventory. In September eBay started taking the fees right out of the buyer's payment before we ever receive our payment (our payment takes about two days to 'clear' through managed payments). I'm trying to find out if there's still an option to go back to paying our fees like we have been for the past 15 years, by credit card when our monthly invoice is due. We never signed up to change anything in our payment of our eBay fees. 

Thank you in advance for any help someone has to offer!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Fees (FVFs and listing fees) will be taken out of the payment - what is still billed are store fees and promotional listing fees.  You could choose to use another shipping site and link it to your credit card.  But there's no way to have your entire fees billed to your CC as previously.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@dolliemomma wrote:

Is anyone else able to continue paying eBay fees monthly by credit card? I'm in managed payments (have been for about a year now) and they're taking eBay FV fees immediately out of the payment collected from the buyer. This may not seem like a big deal; but on a large scale, it all adds up. EBay gets their money before the sellers funds are released. I've been paying my eBay fees by credit card monthly and receiving 'cash back' on my credit card. When the fees are $1,400 a month, this cash back adds up. We use the 'cash back' to help purchase new inventory. In September eBay started taking the fees right out of the buyer's payment before we ever receive our payment (our payment takes about two days to 'clear' through managed payments). I'm trying to find out if there's still an option to go back to paying our fees like we have been for the past 15 years, by credit card when our monthly invoice is due. We never signed up to change anything in our payment of our eBay fees. 

Thank you in advance for any help someone has to offer!

Just adding that for the shipping if you keep a zero balance in your paypal account you can use your credit card to pay for shipping.  This is what I do. 

I know many sellers are missing the credit card points they earned paying their final value fees

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to post a reply! That is very helpful. If we have to live with it for now, I guess we will. We've reached out to eBay asking them to change it back...It would be nice to have the choice.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to share your reply! That is very helpful too. Every little bit helps, credit card points, cash back and advice!

Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I know this is an old post but eBay for the 1st time took it looks like my invoice payment out of my MP funds?  I purposefully had that $60 set up to come out of paypal which now has a zero balance from one of my high paying reward CC's as well, I know I didn't change anything and always pay the one time fee and only after I've reviewed my invoice thoroughly.  Which is usually the day before it's required to pay, like April's invoice I'd pay on May 16th, I payed it on the 13th this month and then they deducted ahead May's on the 15.  I have a zero balance but have paid ahead for the month.  Anyone know how to turn that off as one time they added a 2nd store subscription to my account and could only give me a couple coupons to show on ebay as credit which benefits them and honestly, I'd never buy anything on ebay......

Message 6 of 6
latest reply