cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay and Paypal Account Holds

First off let me start by saying my company owns all its products and theyre in our inventory. We dont make orders then purchase them, so its even more important we get cash flow for our sales immediately to use as working capital and to ship the items we sell. First issue weve had was we paid for flat rate shipping in bulk, and set the weight for range 70ibs to 130 ibs each shipment and later found out the shipping labels were wrong (ebay admitted fault to this over the phone, but were still responsible for the difference in cost). So, we will now be paying a huge difference in the cost of shipping the items already sold. Next ebay re graduated our account and stop placing holds on our funds so that we could ship and pay employees. Then next day after those funds were released and used to buy new labels (which printes wrong again) and pay employees PayPal places holds on our funds and at this time is when we actually found out not only is there another hold while we still have more items to ship and now need the funds to ship the rest of the items with the correct labels and shipping cost, but now we have a ton of open cases on us and defamatory reviews calling us scammers for the delays (even for the items already shipped),  refunds are now starting to roll and our rep is being damaged. Its not fair that ebay placed a very long hold on ouŕ account for weeks, and ita not fair that the next day after we began making progress when ebay released the hold paypal places another hold. These actions are causing are sales and reputation to decline. Ive spent days reaching out to paypal before an answer came with no help. Today finally and ebay rep took things into her own hands to help us. We really appreciate her. Hoping things work out soon. Any help here could do as well. All the help we can get would be great as long as it will help resolve this mess. Paypal isnt very helpful at all it does take some time to get the answers we need feom ebay, but at least we get them. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Ebay and Paypal Account Holds

@iconicaudiotintandalarm wrote:

First off let me start by saying my company owns all its products and theyre in our inventory. We dont make orders then purchase them, so its even more important we get cash flow for our sales immediately to use as working capital and to ship the items we sell.

First issue weve had was we paid for flat rate shipping in bulk, and set the weight for range 70ibs to 130 ibs each shipment and later found out the shipping labels were wrong (ebay admitted fault to this over the phone, but were still responsible for the difference in cost).

So, we will now be paying a huge difference in the cost of shipping the items already sold. Next ebay re graduated our account and stop placing holds on our funds so that we could ship and pay employees. Then next day after those funds were released and used to buy new labels (which printes wrong again) and pay employees

PayPal places holds on our funds and at this time is when we actually found out not only is there another hold while we still have more items to ship and now need the funds to ship the rest of the items with the correct labels and shipping cost, but now we have a ton of open cases on us and defamatory reviews calling us scammers for the delays (even for the items already shipped),  refunds are now starting to roll and our rep is being damaged.

Its not fair that ebay placed a very long hold on ouŕ account for weeks, and ita not fair that the next day after we began making progress when ebay released the hold paypal places another hold.

These actions are causing are sales and reputation to decline. Ive spent days reaching out to paypal before an answer came with no help.

Today finally and ebay rep took things into her own hands to help us. We really appreciate her. Hoping things work out soon. Any help here could do as well. All the help we can get would be great as long as it will help resolve this mess.

Paypal isnt very helpful at all it does take some time to get the answers we need feom ebay, but at least we get them. 

Rearranged a bit so I could read it.

How about the 5 years of feedback to what little feedback you have selling what you are today????

No activity for 5 years and you are selling now???

If asked I would advise with that fact of being very Leary of you.

So how are you shipping???

So first:

1: You are a company that does not have any capital to operate on it seems.

That is always a mistake and usually a fatal mistake.

Ebay does place holds on funds.

PayPal places holds on funds.

Be glad you are not on Managed Pay yet.  You will be.

Delays in payment are a normal thing with a company. Make sure you have capital to cover it.

As for using eBay system of shipping: Why have you not gone to your own with the shippers if you are a company.  It is also a normal thing to do. Cuts out problems on eBay.

Oh and blaming eBay and PayPal for YOUR problems is not a good idea.

I suspect you will find yourselves not selling on eBay much longer if you do not find solutions to YOU money problems.

The feedback you have received will hurt you.

No way around it due to the lack of feedback you have.

I also suspect you will be refunding on some of, if not all the cases that have or will be opened on you.

Scale back on what you are selling until you can correct the problems you are having.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

wow.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Yep wow

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Ebay puts holds on the funds of all new (or just recently restarted) sellers. Doesn't matter what you sell or how many listings you have.  It is something that we all have to go through.  Ebay sets the standard for new sellers to end the payment holds as :

It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale.
You've had more than 25 transactions and $250 in sales.

~Stop trying to go too big, too fast on Ebay.  Start off by successfully selling a smaller number of items.
~Keep enough in your accounts from successful sales to pay for future shipping costs (I am assuming that you do understand cash flow, I am just mentioning it anyway because it is part of my advice).

~Diversify your selling platforms. Ebay is not the only game in town and you should never put all your eggs in one basket. You can sell a reasonable amount of your inventory on Ebay (as I have already suggested).

Keep your head down. Deliver your products as you agreed with the buyer, no matter what you have to do to get it to them. Be nice to the customer, no matter what happens or whose fault it is. Wait out Ebay's 90 day new seller hold policy. You are wanting to play in their sandbox, that means you have to either play by their rules, no matter what you think of those rules, or go play in a different sandbox.

Unfortunately, you are also going to have to just wait out the negative feedbacks.  It will take 12 months to fall off your feedback profile but when you start getting positive feedbacks it will push those negative interactions off the first page.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

You just started selling on eBay and you have employee payroll to make?  Seriously, so down, fulfill the orders, and take some stock of the mistakes that have been made.  You really need to slow down to get some good lessons learned, especially if you are having significant cash flow issues.  

Take a hint from your feedback - nothing is going well.  Best to have a laser focus on getting right what you already have sold than to continue to compound the problem with bad service and poor excuses.  You have sold a lot of items in a short period of time - and only have negative reviews to show for it.  

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

We dont have ccash flow problems we just want to use the money that we made, and things are going well just because theres a hickup doeant mean were not doing well. Also, we were already getting instant deposits before feom ebay and then PayPal staryed the holds, so its very ride to say were using a  poor execuse.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I dont agree with a few thinga here but overall I appreciate your response and its correlates with what weve already been doing which is shipping by any means neccessary weve already shipped out many items so no slowing down. We just want our deposits instantly likenthey were before its better fornus that way 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

The fact that youbre wrote my post and displayed for allnto re see and then say were having financial issues when ive said none of such is very rude actually and makes it hard for me to appreciate any of the advice rhat could be good in this posts. We were already getting instant deposits from PayPal and Ebay sold many items and delivered many and will deliver every single one 🙂. Also, we prefer to use the cash we made and staybfreenof loans and such. Were not broke or financially in teouble either. To me your entire post is very condescending 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This thread has gotten a bit heated. Please remember that, while it is fine to disagree with others, discussion should always remain courteous and respectful as required by the Rules of Engagement.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Every one is reading too far into this posts. What were saying is that we were already getting instant deposits and we've already shipped many items. Were not in financial trouble either We dont want a loan or anything else than to continue to operate on the money were making from sales like we were before PayPal decided this sudden hold on our funds. All employees are paid INFULL UP TODATE for now we just usually pay as we go, SO NO WORK NO PAY all this works for us! WERE ALL PRETTY CLOSE And were still shipping all of our items even through negative reviews and some delays. PLEASE STICK TO THE QUESTION HOW DO WE GET PAYPAL TO RELEASE OUR MONEY SOONER LIKE THEY WERE DOING ALREADY BEFORE. 🙂  Not being rude but we dont want your financial or ebay selling advice just the QUESTION. Honestly the whole background thing was for ebay to see, because they also respond to these forums too

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

You have 15 listings and have employees? I must be missing something.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

As requested by the OP, please keep any further replies on the topic of how to get PayPal to release their funds sooner.

Thank you.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

15 items left 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Wasn't trying to be rude, no disrespect intended. I saw you had 19 sales, and 15 items listed. I just didn't see how you would make ever make payroll with so few listings. I'm guessing you must also sell locally or something.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply