cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card shows pending but eBay says didn’t go through

I just purchased and thought I paid for an item with a credit card . eBay moved item from my purchase history to my cart with a note that says please pay again, your payment didn’t go through. My credit card shows payment pending. Don’t feel comfortable paying gain so I will skip this purchase. Anyone else experience this?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Call the number on the back of your card. See if they can fix that.  It's stuck for some reason.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@simba6 gave you great advice.  The place to start is with your CCC.  Somehow Ebay got notification from your funding source that there was a problem, that would be why Ebay did what they did.  

If that doesn't work out, contact Ebay.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

This happened to me yesterday and I don't know what to do because ebay won't refund me and instead of a credit card I used a giftcard and the company littrly won't let me speak to a actual person so I'm screwed

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Pending is just that, pending @omars-8319 .  Ebay doesn't have your money yet because the method of payment you used has not yet released it to them, which is why it says pending.   Once it is processed on your payment method, the charge will go on your account, Ebay will receive the funds and the pending charge will disappear.  This is a very normal thing in the financial industry. 

So don't get worried yet.  Watch when your seller ships and if you don't receive your item by the estimated date on your purchase agreement, then file an Item Not Received case [INR].  This will protect our money and if they item does not get delivered you will get fully refunded.

Now you said what happened to the OP [original poster or opening poster] is happening to you.  So did you receive something from Ebay that said you needed to pay again?  If so, what exactly did it say?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@mam98031 Do you know how long it takes to processes?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@bruhfe_96 wrote:

@mam98031 Do you know how long it takes to processes?

Usually a day or two. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply