cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay after offer is accepted

How do I turn off auto pay after an offer was sent to seller and accepted?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Auto pay after offer is accepted

My problem as a buyer is that I have no choice as to how I pay. I made an offer, of course I have to/am going to pay for the item. However, what if I want to use one credit card rather than another? What if I want to use my bank account rather than a credit card? What if I want to use PayPal pay in four? No choice. Not a good system. 

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

This is the dumbest thing eBay could have done. Yes I submit an offer and the seller doesn't respond for 24h so I can't submit another offer to someone else until the seller declines otherwise I will get charged twice. Also, eBay does not allow you to just cancel a purchase afterwards like any other normal website does. I can cancel an Amazon purchase even after a purchase is completed.  Very nice way for eBay to **bleep** buyers off. I think I am done shopping at eBay.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

I totally agree with koto-edvi. I just had my first experience with this idiotic idea. I ended up canceling my orders because it would not let me combine the items. I am not going to pay $20 for a shipment that should be around $5 also it would not let me pick either of the 3-4 payment options with PayPal. After reading other post I tried changing some of my settings, but it did not work and I had to cancel again. I will not buy another item on Ebay until they get rid of that ***bleep** This is another example of EBAY fixing something that wasn't broken.  The worst part is I am a seller also and I don't want my customers to put of with this bull ****bleep*** So I don't know what to do.  Has anyone fixed this problem?  It doesn't look like it is fixable.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

I am a seller having this problem I cannot find aa way to fix it. If you know how will you let the rest of us know please.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

I agree NOT POSSIBLE. This is for auto payments for fees Etc after you sell a item. It has nothing to do with this new AUTO PAY before you buy scam.

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

NOT POSSIBLE. This is for auto payments for fees Etc after you sell a item. It has nothing to do with this new AUTO PAY before you buy scam.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@lauren-sable wrote:

My problem as a buyer is that I have no choice as to how I pay. I made an offer, of course I have to/am going to pay for the item. However, what if I want to use one credit card rather than another? What if I want to use my bank account rather than a credit card? What if I want to use PayPal pay in four? No choice. Not a good system. 

While I agree it is not a great system, you DO have SOME payment choice.

You can use various credit cards, paypal and I believe bank account & gift cards too. At time of submitting the offer it asks you which payment method, which address to ship to, etc... You can change those there and if you want to add more options, just go into your payment settings in account settings and add cards to your account as payment options.

However, there are payment options you can NOT use with pre-pay or autopay offers. PayPal in 4 is one of those options you can't use. Rewards points is another one you can not use.

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

This awful feater has been terrible for me, too. I often buy things for my parents who live in a different city, or friends who live in a different state. So, what ends up happening is the seller will accept my offer, it gets auto-paid for, and sent to the wrong address. So, I often have to ship items twice to get them now. There Must be a way to get ride of this option! 

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

You don't want to pay instantly because the seller has set multiple offers on a number of auctions and you want them all.  What happens is maybe the seller charges $6.00 shipping for the first item and $ .50 for each additional item.  You buy 11 items.  You shipping should be $11.00.  That is his offer on shipping.  You get charged $66.00 shipping and it is a mess.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

IVE LEARNED YOU CANT TURN THIS NEW DISHONEST FEATURE OFF!

I always pay promptly. When they forced the auto pay upon me; I was asked what method to use for the payment. I selected PayPal. However; the amount is directly withdrawn from my financial institution. Not thru PayPal as instructed. I have an untarnished history. I do not desire to have a direct withdrawal, therefore I have been forced to stop utilizing the offer feature. Resulting in my making fewer purchases than desired.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

I always pay promptly. When they forced the auto pay upon me; I was asked what method to use for the payment. I selected PayPal. However; the amount is directly withdrawn from my financial institution. Not thru PayPal as instructed. I have an untarnished history. I do not desire to have a direct withdrawal, therefore I have been forced to stop utilizing the offer feature. Resulting in my making fewer purchases than desired.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Perfect example:   I use a third party app like Samsung pay, and from there I get extra cash back by that.  So in those small instances,  it would be as beneficial and a slight inconvenience.  

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Why would you want to not be able to decide how to pay after you win a bid?

Message 28 of 28
latest reply