cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay after offer is accepted

How do I turn off auto pay after an offer was sent to seller and accepted?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Auto pay after offer is accepted

It's a pretty new feature, but I don't think you can turn it off. Sit tight for others with more knowledge...

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

You can't. 

That's the point.

You made an offer, which meant you would 'buy it for $X' if seller accepted. 

Now, you don't have the choice to say 'uh, never mind'. 

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

You sent an offer and it was accepted.  Why would you sent an offer if you don't want to follow through and purchase the item?

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

go to seller preference ,

click manage who buys from you,

scroll down to the bottom of the page !

Screenshot 2023-06-22 11.20.05 AM.png

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

If you are the buyer you can’t turn it off. If you are the seller you can go into your buyer requirement’s to uncheck the box. IMG_0690.jpeg

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Think this is what your looking for .

Eliminate New auto Pay 

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

@ssandrew2w69 

That auto pay applies only to that item for which you made the offer. It does not remain for future purchases.

One, and done.

If you make another offer to another seller that has not uncheck the buyer requirement box you would again be prompted to preauthorize a payment before the offer can be submitted.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Yes,  It can be turned off.  After several attempts to contact a live person, finally I did speak with an agent who guided me through the steps to turn the feature off.  When on your open desk top  ebay page in the upper left hand corner it says Hi and your name, click on the icon which gives you the option to go to your account, click on it and then it will give you two columns of options within  your account, go to financial, there you will find the pay pal auto pay function, just turn it off.

Thanks for trying.

Steve

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@ssandrew2w69 wrote:

Yes,  It can be turned off.  After several attempts to contact a live person, finally I did speak with an agent who guided me through the steps to turn the feature off.  When on your open desk top  ebay page in the upper left hand corner it says Hi and your name, click on the icon which gives you the option to go to your account, click on it and then it will give you two columns of options within  your account, go to financial, there you will find the pay pal auto pay function, just turn it off.

Thanks for trying.

Steve

I don't see where to go to turn off this feature as you described.

janet9988_0-1687808758486.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Seller's can turn this option off if they so wish - buyer's can NOT, as the seller set's the rules on their own account.

@ssandrew2w69 @janet9988 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Start by reviewing the terms and conditions or the payment policies of the platform you used to make the offer. Look for information on how to modify or cancel automatic payments.

Reach out to the customer support or seller support of the platform or payment provider to explain your situation and request assistance in turning off auto pay. They should be able to guide you through the necessary steps or provide further instructions.

Depending on the platform or payment method, you may need to access your account settings or transaction history to modify or cancel the automatic payment. Look for options like "Manage Payments," "Subscription Settings," or "Auto Pay" within your account. Follow the provided steps to disable or cancel the automatic payment.

After you have successfully turned off auto pay, it's a good practice to inform the seller about the change. Send them a message explaining that you have disabled the automatic payment and discuss alternative payment arrangements if necessary.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@woodrowmo-30 wrote:

Start by reviewing the terms and conditions or the payment policies of the platform you used to make the offer. Look for information on how to modify or cancel automatic payments.

Reach out to the customer support or seller support of the platform or payment provider to explain your situation and request assistance in turning off auto pay. They should be able to guide you through the necessary steps or provide further instructions.

Depending on the platform or payment method, you may need to access your account settings or transaction history to modify or cancel the automatic payment. Look for options like "Manage Payments," "Subscription Settings," or "Auto Pay" within your account. Follow the provided steps to disable or cancel the automatic payment.

After you have successfully turned off auto pay, it's a good practice to inform the seller about the change. Send them a message explaining that you have disabled the automatic payment and discuss alternative payment arrangements if necessary.

Not possible.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Hi @ssandrew2w69 

Are you askiing as a buyer or seller? 

Sellers can turn the autopayment function off so that their buyers are not asked to provide payment information (See Messages 5 & 6) ... but buyers are stuck with however individual sellers have set up their respective accounts.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Send them a message explaining  that you have disabled  the automatic payment and  discuss alternative payment arrangements if necessary.

It is not possible for a buyer to disable automatic payment.  This is a feature the seller sets.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply