cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Interstate Speed Limits are a Mess!!

I just completed a round trip from Birmingham AL to the Ohio Valley.  Along the way, I found it increasingly difficult to maintain a legal speed because it can change dramatically within less than 10 minutes.  I see no reason for the yo-yo limits.

Not counting construction areas, the first that I encountered are at the north end of Alabama before Tennessee.  For whatever reason, the speed limit changes from 70 to 65.  As soon as you cross into Tennessee, it is 70.  There is absolutely no visible reason for the change, but there it is.

As you progress further in Kentucky, the speed limit is all over the place.  70, 55, 65, 60 and you had better pay attention of you will be speeding.  Again, outside of construction I don't see the point.

On the return trip, I noticed along I-26 a lot of changes.  Within 10 minutes the speed goes from 70 to 55 and then multiple other speeds before you finally see 70 again.

It is time to get this mess cleaned up.  If you are on an interestate highway, then the speed limit needs to be consistent unless it is a large metro area or construction.  

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: US Interstate Speed Limits are a Mess!!

Chicago is a joke.  I recently had a healthcare company asking for my assistance to recruit someone to handle the business end of their venture.  I turned down the opportunity since no one wants to move to Chicago.  

My free advice to them was to move their corporate headquarters out of that hell called Illinois.  They indicated that they had heard that before but were going to try to get someone to join them.

They are still looking...

Message 16 of 16
latest reply