cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM A VICTIM OF FRAUD

I PAID A TOTAL OF $1200 FOR A VEHICLE THROUGH EBAY MOTORS. HOWEVER, UPON CHECKING, THE ITEM NUMBER WAS NOT LISTED IN THE SYSTEM AND I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY FEEDBACK FROM EBAY MOTORS AS TO THE STATUS OF THE STATUS. I WANT A TOTAL REFUND OF MY MONEY.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I AM A VICTIM OF FRAUD

Did you see the vehicle on another website? Did you pay with gift cards? And did the seller offer free shipping? Were you sent an email from Ebay with buyer protection? Then Im sorry, but you were scammed. Ebay has nothing to do with this, you were sent a fake Ebay email and fell for it. Scammers love gift cards, because they are untraceable.Ebay cant help you.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I AM A VICTIM OF FRAUD

@edw_ev_gwic8o wrote:

I PAID A TOTAL OF $1200 FOR A VEHICLE THROUGH EBAY MOTORS. HOWEVER, UPON CHECKING, THE ITEM NUMBER WAS NOT LISTED IN THE SYSTEM 

In that case, you DIDN'T buy it on Ebay but instead a scammer spoofed the Ebay site to resemble it. Unfortunately your money is gone. Let me guess, a nice low mileage car or truck with free delivery and 10 days to inspect or your money back?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I AM A VICTIM OF FRAUD

Yes, unfortunately you ARE a victim of fraud, but Ebay had nothing to do with it. Any email you got that was supposedly from Ebay was NOT - it was spoofed by the scammer.

If you want to be angry with a website, it should be the one you found the ad on, but they can't help you either.  Sorry, but your $1200 is gone - a very hard lesson learned about 'too good to be true' deals on the internet!.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I AM A VICTIM OF FRAUD

@edw_ev_gwic8o wrote:

I WANT A TOTAL REFUND OF MY MONEY.

Good luck...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I AM A VICTIM OF FRAUD

Have you heard of the Expression .........When the Cow's come Home..........

Just my 3.5 cents

Live..Learn..and Die a Fool!

Photobucket
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I AM A VICTIM OF FRAUD

You are not going to get a refund. The money is gone. Forever and ever with no way of finding it.

"Upon checking......".

Maybe you should have checked first.  Nope, Deal of the Century, gotta have it now before someone else snags it.

This scam has been around forever and warnings have been provided on eBay, FB, CL, the FTC, and the FBI along with countless TV, newspaper, and magazine stories.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I AM A VICTIM OF FRAUD

scam scam scam away

scam everyone using ebay

scamitty scammity scammity scam

scam a dupe with ebay

pay pay pay today

using gift cards on ebay

scamity scammity scammity scam

grift lotsa sheep today

free free ship to your door