cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello! Any RV sellers? Need some seasoned guidance :)

Hello everyone! 

I would like to ask a few questions to anyone whom sold RVS (classA). Im considering putting my fathers up but many people say its not worth it due to ebay fees or whatever. 

ThankYou in advance 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Hello! Any RV sellers? Need some seasoned guidance :)

Don't see any questions .

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

It would be great to know year, length, fuel type, and manufcturer of RV you have to give you better information.

From my experience, the best time to get the best money for any RV is March and April. If the RV is more than 32 feet in length, that will limit buyers, as many campsites will not take RVs over that length.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Sorry everyone. 1993 40ft Fleetwood Southwind 

40ft Southwind RV 1993
82,258-HIGHWAY MILES
454 Chevy Engine
GAS-ONLY
WORKING- generator: Onan Marquis 7000
LOVERS COCKPIT*
NEW-roof!
New-tires:8 tires; 19.5sz
New-transmission
WORKING-Rear/Back Up camera

Has original manual.
TWO (2) WORKING -A/C Units!
Both A/C have ability to work at the same time WHILE ON generator power.
may use one A/C while using electronic. (That's how the manufacturer made it)
Queen Bed-(EXTRA storage underneath)
- WORKING heater under Queen bed.
WALK in SHOWER (glazed Sunroof)-lots of storage in Bathroom
WORKING SOFA SLEEPER
Kitchen Dinette/Fold down SLEEPER
-built in wine glass storage!
 built-in coffee pot maker
-built-in microwave
-built-in oven-ALL WORKING CONDITION.
Some Tank indicators are located in the kitchen (fast/easy access)
5-awnings; all working
WORKING TV antenna
WORKING-passanger door with screen.
WORKING- DRIVER DOOR!
Rt rear sink compartment-working
working ladder
A LOT OF STORAGE INSIDE & OUT
TAKEN CARE WITH LOVE!
NO slide outs

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

We've sold quite a few RV's on here in the past- including Southwinds of that vintage. The Ebay fees are negligible- about $125 for you. If you're realisitic on the price, Ebay can be a good venue for a quick sale- but bear in mind that big, old, gas motorhomes do not bring a lot. A few years ago, we'd typically get around $5K for a 32'-36' Southwind gas job.

You night want to consider allowing Canadian buyers too- as we used to get a lot of customers from Canada for some reason, as RV buyers.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Amateur advice givers think that all fees are a % of selling price. Not in Motors. Motors is flat fees.

eBay Motors is just one part of a multi-pronged marketing scheme.

It also depends. Do you want to sell it, or, do an Elias "I know what is is worth"?

Anyone remember Elias and the wrecked BMW?

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

I wasn't around to know who that Elias was, Mr. Elmwinkle, but I've known lots of people who "know what it's worth"- like a client of mine, who has been trying to sell a couple of trucks for 5 YEARS. Ebay's made a lot of money off of those trucks, as have I. 'Couse the guy who owns 'em, when all is said and done, will have lost a small fortune, as he'll never get back what he paid for those trucks when they were newer, nor what he's spent advertising them.

Only one who knows what it's worth, is the guy with the cash in his hand, offering to give it to you.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Lady, next door, 10 years ago, goes to sell her house privately, in a hot sellers market. Took her six months. Paid the mortgage, taxes, utilities, upkeep, PLUS, sold for $15,000 below market, to save $6000 in real estate fees. 

Talking to her mother, who was a professional in accounting, and real estate, she even told her daughter not to do this. Well, daughter had great boobs and a know it all redneck boyfriend. Always a winning combination. 

He parked his brand new boat, 4 stroke engine, in her unlocked garage. She was always at his place. Guess what happend? Yep, brand new engine "went away". Add that to the above.

Yeah.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Between you and I, we could write a book!

Older immigrant couple I've known since i was 16- They want to go back to Europe. The wife goes to their country and buys a house for $200K. Didn't notice that the house doesn't even have electricity; floors are slanty; and a bunch of other major flaws. Essentially they bought a shell that needs to be repaired and then finished.

I told 'em to cut their losses and sell the darn thing for what they can get. Buy another house. They're going to work with this one instead. By the time they're done, they're gonna have half a million bucks into this pig, and it'll likely still not be that great- and will never be worth more than the $200K they paid for it.

Husband has health issues. Wants to spend a little time back in his country before he "goes". By the time this pig is finished, he'll probably be, too.

NOTHING beats your former neighbors who ended up paying $35K for the econobox Mitsubishi t!

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Not $35K, $56K. 

Sticker, MSRP, was $28,000, credit so bad, not a nickel off. Add taxes, 28% finance note. Total, non-negotiable, follows you to your grave, no escape clause, permanent loan, of $56,000. Mitushisi Lancer, and not the sport model either.

Car went away, years ago, note should be paid off right about now. $600-$700 a month, for a car long gone. 

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

T.u!
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Very well said-sound like my daddy! Lol
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Yikes
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Wowzers
Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@4freebird

We have been here to long. Plus? Being older than dirt, we have stories. Easily side tracked. 

Ebay is one venue. Local Buy & Sell another. Craigslist. Do all at once.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply