cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership

We have a new member who has been published in three scale mags and has 40 years experience. Join in the fun and introduce yourself. In spite of all the stuff here, we don't bite and we do do trains. TheCodFadda B-)
Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: Membership

Pete,

I wonder if this is the wrong time of year to really expect any of the "younger/older folks" to jump into this group. My feeling is we may do better in the fall leading up to winter when they maybe start cruising the web looking for alternate entertainment... Winter Cabin Fever may just give others the push to join "A Group/This group" once there's a good layer of snow on the ground...

Message 91 of 95
latest reply

Jack, You have a point, however, even thought the group is now open, I keep getting a few messages from one or two people who wanted to join, but were automatically rejected. I have no idea why since I did not receive any requests. I have asked the question in the community billboard but to date have received no answer. It therefore appears that even if there are people who may want to join, they can't due to some eBay snafu. The members of this group do not appear to be doing anything either. I personally am working hard at the On30 and HO layouts. Not being much of a photograper, I do not post pictures. But trust me I am busy in the dungeon each day. So, I really do not see the use of this or any group since there is so much activity on the social media outlets. I am not on Facebook or any other network. This is my only means of communication to like minded modelers and this is just dying from lack of use. eBay is not what it used to be. So, unless there is a way to correct the joining problem I feel we are dead in the water. The N scale group too. I'll leave it open for a while though.

Message 92 of 95
latest reply

Hey look! We have a new member. If I recall this is one of the guys that was rejected automatically. How did you manage to get past the eBay glitches and welcome.

Message 93 of 95
latest reply

Another new member. Drop a line. Do you have a layout?

Message 94 of 95
latest reply

Hi ginzokid, I guess I'm the new member, sorry no layout as of yet.  I have been accumulating N scale parts and paln to evetually make a coffee table layout under glass.  Right now I buy and sell HO and O gauge and work on fixing them up and repairing when I can.  Lionel seems to be very popular these days and I get pretty agressive when buying.  I just picked about 20 HO food and product advertising cars at auction.  They are mostly Tyco late 60's early 70's but from reading several threads on this group the popular opinion is that they are mostly junk.  But the lot was cheap, I think I only paid about $12 for it.  I'll post a picture yet today.  Cheers! And I hope the group gets more visitors soon.  Wolf-==-

Message 95 of 95
latest reply