cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership

We have a new member who has been published in three scale mags and has 40 years experience. Join in the fun and introduce yourself. In spite of all the stuff here, we don't bite and we do do trains. TheCodFadda B-)
Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Membership

Hi from OZ, please participate with us, we don't bite, much. ]:)
Message 76 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Anyway, Barry is just enjoying summer down south there, while its been cold up here around Maryland, but likely nothing compared to the wilds up north where Pete comes from. Welcome! Charles
Message 77 of 95
latest reply

Membership

As we know there is another N scale group out there and I checked into it today to see how it was doing since our two groups seem to be slow again. That other group has 54 members and has had no posting since Nov 2008 according to the opening page. And I thought we were slow! Maybe the thrill of any group is waning. B-)
Message 78 of 95
latest reply

Membership

We have a new member, the first in a long time. Here's a quote from his reason for wanting to join: "Model Railroading has been a life long pursuit (at least since I could sit up in the car seat and say boxcar). NMRA life member. I tend to buy more then I sell on eBay (or until Momma inventories my collection.... Thanx, George J. Becker" So George, welcome to the nut house. There is a lot here to read, but just chime in when ever you want. Things have been pretty slow for a while, maybe you can help. Pete B-)
Message 79 of 95
latest reply

Membership

2005fjohn
Enthusiast
Hi George, Welcome to you into a group that is interesting !!!??? I have not participated for some time but check in to see what is going on, and I find it of interest no matter the subject. Please participate as the other members like to pull you apart, gently of course. Greetings to all again, still waiting for my surgeon. John (Chips). Holland.
Message 80 of 95
latest reply

Membership

bigmodelhobbies
Enthusiast
Thanks for the warm welcome. :-) I generally keep busy (wether I want to or not). At 49, I've been reinventing myself. Busy with classes four nights a week (have computer science degree and gone back for an electrical engineering degree). I work on-call for a high school district as a substitute teacher (when I can get work, been slim pickin's lately). As a boy, it was Lionel/Marx and Marklin till I got into live steam (7.5" gauge) in my 20s. When I was in the Navy (a machinist), 1980's, I paid up on my NMRA life membership. I've recently started working on some of the NMRA AP stuff. The bookshelf I'm crafting in the garage is going to support the left end of "small" switching layout to go into a bedroom.;-) The other side, six feet away, will rest on top of a file cabinet. Picked up all the lumber.... I belong to a HO modular club in town and LALS in Burbank, CA @ Griffith Park.
Message 81 of 95
latest reply

Membership

So glad to hear from you George. Is there a link to the club layout for pics or info? We are all over the map in this group. Barry is in Oz (Australia), I'm on The Rock (Newfoundland), John is in Holland and the rest of the bunch are in the US or Canada. Post a picture of yourself in the Rouges Gallery album and open up an album for your layout photos. Hope you find this group fun and informative. B-)
Message 82 of 95
latest reply

Membership

bigmodelhobbies
Enthusiast
I posted a couple of links of the railroad clubs I belong to. I hope everyone enjoys them. As far as pictures of me, there is this trail of broken cameras.... But if you insist, I'll try to get a picture of me playing trains at the Bakersfield, CA (www.gehams.net) train show tomorrow morning (Sunday March 14, 2010). Let's hope the house hold XYL (aka mother, it's a ham radio term) doesn't look in my wallet between tonight and tomorrow morning ;-).
Message 83 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Welcome George! An EE degree sounds great! Charles
Message 84 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Hi George welcome to the house of fun LOL, your postings are up and ready, I hope you enjoy our group as much as we do. ]:)
Message 85 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Well guys, after all these years of solitude and only 8 members, I decided to open the group up to public membership. Let's see if there are any closet model railroaders out there who would like to join us. This will prove to me at least if our hobby is a dead issue or if there is hope for its continuation. Hopefully we will attract some interesting people.

Smiley Happy

Message 86 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Well ... that could ... be ... ... ... interesting!  Smiley LOL

Charles  

Message 87 of 95
latest reply

Membership

No takers yet.........Smiley Mad

Message 88 of 95
latest reply

Membership

I'm amazed at the lack of interest in this group.

Smiley Frustrated

Message 89 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Is it time to close this group?

Message 90 of 95
latest reply