cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership

We have a new member who has been published in three scale mags and has 40 years experience. Join in the fun and introduce yourself. In spite of all the stuff here, we don't bite and we do do trains. TheCodFadda B-)
Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Membership

Names familiar. I think I dealt with them before with no problems. I usually keep business cards taped to my tool chest of sellers that were good and had good shipping charges.
Message 61 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Scott doesn't send a card just a hand written thank you on the paypal sheet, his hobby business is midwest rail junction, he has hundreds of items listed and will try to get special orders as well, really worth a try ( this is an unpaid promotion LOL ) ]:)
Message 62 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Grabbed this thread as seemed to be closest. WIth the experience some of you are having with deadbeats and getting non delivered items. The charm of ebay has declined in last couple years. 1) So who thinks their RR buying days thru ebay will be done by next year? 2) Will you stick to solely LHS? 3) will you try/continue using internet/mailorder distributors? (Standard Hobby, NScaleSupply,etc) 4) Has anyone bought from a LHS through their website or over the phone through a LHS? something to get involvement action in this group.
Message 63 of 95
latest reply

Membership

1)I think I am finished now, never mind next year 2)I don't have a LHS the one I deal with most is at least 800 klms away. 3)I tried but the postage is way too high for me. 4)the only one I know of I don't use anymore anyway, and I do all my local train buying over the phone. Is this involvment enough for you. ]:)
Message 64 of 95
latest reply

Membership

1) I'm doing more selling than buying anymore. So I'm not quite through here. I do a lot of comparison shopping before I buy anything here and I mostly look for BIN or very special old stuff. 2) My LHS sucks and prices are too high. 3) Most of my buying is from on-line shops. 4) I only buy glue and some paints from the LHS. Shipping that stuff to me is a no-no because of hasmat rules. Can any of us afford the hobby any more with the falling economy? I'll be building what I have for now and not doing many purchases until the economy looks better. B-)
Message 65 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Just trying to keep things alive here rather than resorting to talking about gas prices. that's all.
Message 66 of 95
latest reply

Membership

1)Possibility of not dealing through here next here, unless somehting is a good price from one of my fave sellers...if they're still around here. 2)As much as I believe in supporting the LHS, money talks so if I can get a loco for nearly half the price from outside source, I will. 3) If there is new stuff, I would deal with mailorder,etc. I save a couple hundred bucks buy buying all my track from Standard wen I first started. 4) One or 2 sellers that have wesites that I might check out. Haven't got brave to buy over the phone.
Message 67 of 95
latest reply

Membership

crazyd37
Enthusiast
I haven't bought any train related items in awhile here. Not that I wouldn't, but the train room is almost empty and some work has begun on it. Once the original room is made into Ed's playroom, the room I am working in now will become the train room. Not much to do in here but move me out, paint the walls and start building. It will be a smaller layout, but better because it will be more accessible and easier to "play" in. Back to your question, I just turned in another deadbeat seller. I won't let these 3-in-a-row deadbeats stop me yet! With ebay cutbacks, and the market the way it is, we will have to see what happens. There are other sites to buy & sell on but this one is still the best by-far! I haven't sold in awhile, but will when I find some more "stuff!" I have some larger items that I plan on putting on craigs list soon. I am waiting to list all of this stuff at one time for easier viewing since people must pick it up as these items are too large for shipping. At least for me anyways. (plotter, 2 drafting tables, sewing machines, mountain bike & car rack, a really old metal fan, and an antique childrens school desk) Too big or heavy for me to ship and besides craigs list is free! I only hope that my past 3 bad buying sprees are over now.
Message 68 of 95
latest reply

Membership

nascarpetlover
Enthusiast
1. Have not bought too much from ebay recently and may not at all with everything having to use Paypal Only. At least that is what some of the sellers are saying. 2. Would be mostly LHS as they will order from Walthers for me and usually get a 10% discount. 3. Would depend on the item and shipping cost as at LHS I do not have to pay for shipping cost. 4. Have used the phone to see if they have something in stock or not. Will check back in soon. Hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving and all are well. Lou
Message 69 of 95
latest reply

Membership

We have a new member who is doing an HO scale layout. Introduce yourself please and post a picture in the Rogues Gallery too. Welcome, Pete aka the ginzokid
Message 70 of 95
latest reply

Membership

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Welcome new member. Take a read of our posts to get the feel of things and participate away! Dot from NJ
Message 71 of 95
latest reply

Membership

John from Holland has been miossing for a while. Here's why: "Hi There. Sorry I have been missing again, but I have just spent 5 weeks in Hospital with Lung problems again. Can you pass my best wishes to one and all. My Best Regards. John."
Message 72 of 95
latest reply

Membership

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Pete, If you should hear from him again, send him our regards please!
Message 73 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Welcome packerzrool. Please identify yourself and tell us about your HO model railroad you are building. B-) Pete _______________________________________________ Yes, welcome. Sit a spell, read some threads and share some info with us! __________________________________________ -- Edited by crazyd37 at 01/22/2009 9:51 AM PST
Message 74 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Welcome packerzrool--let us know about your RR and don't forget we like pictures of your layout also. Go to Photo albums and see what others on this site are doing. Jack
Message 75 of 95
latest reply