cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS App Selling update

Hello

We recently updated the selling form for all sellers. We would like you to post any feedback you have with this new form here.

Thank you

Message 18 of 311
latest reply
310 REPLIES 310

Re: iOS App Selling update

@mobile_feedback

the constant smart pricing question is super annoying. All the places it asks to do that should get replaced with the duration time for Fixed Price listings, or al the other valid options that were removed 😉

Message 46 of 311
latest reply

When listing, MPN field is required but not listed in item specifics

Message 47 of 311
latest reply

Terrible update.
- When I turn on the BIN button and turn off Auction, the longest duration I can select is 10 days. And when I save, it turns the Auction back on.
- Why no condition description? Are we supposed to put condition in the description now?
- The app has somehow disabled IOS text shortcuts. I can't do a listing without them! I have a boilerplate paragraph I put in all my listings by typing in a three character shortcut. That no longer works. I can't retype that paragraph every listing. This must be fixed!
Message 48 of 311
latest reply

I’m having a lot of problems. 

1. I add upc number in then when i list it a message comes up saying i forgot upc number but now there is no where to add it

2 it almost forces me to do an auction. I try doing a set price and yet their recommendation for auction still comes up

3 not able to choose shipping option 

Message 49 of 311
latest reply

It’s terrible. I despise it. The new update is clearly not for the sellers benefit. It does however, give ebay more control over how sellers can list and sell. Why would that be a good thing (For a seller)??? Why can I no longer apply Byer Restrictions? Bogus.

Message 50 of 311
latest reply

Using ebay app for iphone 6 v11.4.1, installed and unistalled app.  When I hit "list item" it says "Listing Errors, looks like something is missing, please fix and issues and try again. Details" All check marks are green, I cannot find any missing details. Unable to list anything with the new update. 

Message 51 of 311
latest reply

Agree with everyone, want to able to list "Buy It Nows" for 30 day.  I only use the App for listing.  I need this change back!

-Small Time Seller without a store

Message 52 of 311
latest reply

It’s Terrible. I despise it. The new update is clearly not for the sellers benefit. It does however give ebay more control over how sellers can list and sell. Why would that be a good thing (for a seller)? 

1. The app does not allow sellers to apply buyer restrictions. Byer restrictions protect Sellers from Bidders who have a history of not paying for items. Why has this been eliminated?

2. The app does not allow the seller to choose the length of time of the listing. This allows buyers unlimited time to purchase. Items sell best on the day before the listing ends. Time being of the essence is an important aspect of supply and demand. 

3. The App would like to take the liberty of lowering the prices of listed items until they sell. Sounds like a really good way to depreciate the value of just about everything. Nothing will sell - until it sells for just about nothing. This is perhaps the worst change of all- Really poorly thought out to say the least- 

Message 53 of 311
latest reply

I am a voiceover user who sells on eBay.  When creating new listings, I cannot independently add photos anymore.  All I get is a weird sound when I move my finger on the add photos page, specificially I am not able to select the photos with vioceover on. That is the major issue.  However, there are minor issues under pricing, shipping, etc.

Also when I am looking to purchase items from other eBay sellers and when I am on their item description page, sometimes when i do the two finger swip down on the page, instead of reading it to me, it backs me out to the main listing page.  

I am not the only the voice over user who sells on eBay and defiently not the only voice over user who buys on eBay. PLEASE make sure the eBay app works properly with voiceover.

Thank you

Message 54 of 311
latest reply

I am having issues with the mobile app since the update. I have been unable to update quantity on my listings when out of stock (good til canceled). I also ship from multiple warehouse locations, and have this in all my listings. They seem to just kicking back to my personal location all the time. Now I am unable to change it back to the correct ships from (Multiple Warehouse Locations). My only option is to put a zip code. 

Message 55 of 311
latest reply

This is so ridiculous!!!! When I save to drafts it deletes my pictures and my description!! Why can’t you select if a product is new or used? Why can’t you list “good till cancelled” when listing fixed priced items? Why does it say “lost internet connection” when trying to list? Why does it take forever for pics to load? Why can’t sellers turn off “EBay recommendations”?? I list 30 to 50 items a day and this is going to take forever and decrease my listings! eBay has got to go back to the old version of listing ASAP!!

Message 56 of 311
latest reply

Every time I try to edit a listing and go to post. It says no internet. I made sure I have internet and the issue is not on my end. When I click “oops try again” it erases all changes made. This happened 5 times before I gave up.
Message 57 of 311
latest reply

Ugh, do you guys even do rudimentary testing on these updates before pushing them out? I can't do anything now. The app sucks so bad that I did all my drafts on the desktop and went to the app ONLY to take photos and list. And I can't even do that! First of all, the photos uploaded from the phone load backwards. More importantly, I CAN'T LIST. I get an error. Nor can I list with the desktop, because the photos won't save. How can a eCommerce/Tech company push out such a **bleep** product??!!!
Message 58 of 311
latest reply

I did not appreciate the big surprise and learning curve of the new format eBay forced on me today.  Also, I do not like the modularity of the sections. The old format was much easier & faster to use since everything remained on one screen. It was especially more efficient when revising or selling a similar item again.  I don't even like the new photos section and the new location of the shutter button.

Why couldn't you have implemented a trial period for people to opt in to test the new format and provide feedback, but still be able to go back to "old familiar" to get their work done?

To make matters worse, it appears to be buggy.  For example, on a new listing, it kept insisting the MPN was missing even though it was not.  I had to go to my Windows computer browser and get the item to list.  On another item, I tried to revise the title of an existing listing and it would not save.  Again, I had to do it on my computer.  

Finally, the new format is still missing the ability to add seller notes.  For every single listing, I have to finish it on my computer since I use the seller notes field to indicate where the product is located (that is, Address, Aisle, Shelf).

That's about it for now, but I'm sure there are more problems I haven't encountered yet.  After all, I've only been using it for 4 hours.

Very dissatisfied!

Message 59 of 311
latest reply

This happens to me as well.
Message 60 of 311
latest reply