cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update your app before it's too late.

I just got an e-mail with the subject "Update your app before it's too late." from eBay@reply1.ebay dot com.  I forwarded the message to androidhelp@ebay.com and got an automatic reply to come here.  According to the Google Play Store, my app is up to date, so my question is; is this spam? Or is my OS going obsolete?  Android 6.0.1.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Update your app before it's too late.

1) How about supplying a truly useful piece of info: What's the minimum Android version for this update?

2) So exactly what happens to devices like mine (running 4.1.2)? Will I soon no longer be able to use my phone to check saved searches and make purchases and do everything I've been doing on eBay--unless I'm sitting at home running my desktop system?

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

First of all, I have the latest version available for Blackberry OS. 4.5 (which hasn't been updated in many years) Second of all, why are you even doing this?! Is this site becoming like GoAnimate, removing features that work fine? Did Apple pay you to do this, so they can kill off older Androids and Blackberry phones?! Disgusting, Ebay, disgusting.
Message 17 of 31
latest reply

yup i did the update on my iphone 4 and lost my old app which worked great !! the new updated app will not down load on my iphone because i do not have ios9  and cant get that,, also cant get my old app back ..  so  ebay will loose a chuck of money  on this problem  ,,not going to buy a new phone 

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

I am getting the "update app or it stops working Jan 2018" message ""within the app"" on two of my devices.  I also had the email to my registered email account.

Great:  One of my devices runs Android 2.3 so can't update the app (Device can't get to Android 4 let alone a later version without jumping through hoops, and even then the device isn't really powerful enough to run Android 4).  SO no chance there other than using the mobile web version on my browser of choice (Opera Mini) but won't have notifications anymore.

The other device is an Amazon Fire tablet (yes the eBay app was in the Amazon Appstore) but no update published in Amazon app store.  So end of the road there too.

Thanks for nothing, eBay!!! 

Least you could do is publish a "Notifications" mini app which then allows you to click the notification into the browser of your choice to access the right mobile web page. And maybe a mini app to upload photos onto a listing.

I get it if things move on and you can't make the latest versions of your various API used with apps backwards compatible with lots of older app versions, but really you could do better. 

This is not customer centric, and it is us, the ebay sellers and shoppers who make you your money.

There are other mobile device friendly second hand shopping sites with apps, do you really want to drive us there?  Do you want to drive shoppers for new items to Amazon or a big retailer?

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

No Amazon appstore update for Fire tablets?
Message 20 of 31
latest reply

@ramatern

There is no update currently. We recommend using the mobile website if the app is no longer running.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

I use a kindle I can't get the new ebay app from Amazon app store. 

So it looks like I won't be using ebay after 1/1/18

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

I go to EBay app ,it then says update ,click on it ,it then says not available in uk ,please help,I don't know how to get eBay app working ,please email rosemarygoodwin@btinternet.com thanks

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

I did download as requested on ipad. It linked to my iPhone and now my iPhones battery is daring so badly. When battery shows 46% the phone shuts off. Went into settings and looked up battery usage . OMG Usage for ebay before update after 7 days was 12% AFTER update for last 24 HOURS 73% .
Something is not right. Can someone please help!
Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Mine will not update reply that app update not available .I download another ebaybutwill not take my pass word. Sid

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

There has to be millions of us who will have to give up EBay. I loved my old app and now cannot get to any EBay.mShame on you.

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

I cannot update my iPad the App Store says the update is not available in the uk so am unable to access eBay at all would be grateful if you could advise me on how to fix this 

Regards

Ann

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

@perga-1

Please visit the app store and search for eBay and then download that app.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

I have done that and when i try to download it says update not available in the UK

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Bring back 3.0.0.19

Message 30 of 31
latest reply