cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night mode dark theme breaks app

Please help. The new theme breaks the app, I can't see my text when I go to log in, it's all white, leaving me to log in blind, and once in the app, many buttons are simply missing because they aren't displayed properly. Please fix or revert, we should have been given a choice. 

Message 3 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

I agree. Remove the update. Why lose customers over some silly update. Remove now please!!!

It's not a setting on the phone or another app. Why would your complete user base be having the same problem? Just remove to update. 

Message 106 of 138
latest reply

Mine keeps switching from black to white background and I haven't changed any setting! I hate the black background!! Not sure what the issue is.

Message 107 of 138
latest reply

Mine randomly switched back to white here sometime around 2pm Pacific Time without me changing any conditions on my phone - and the eBay app has not changed either.

Weird.

Message 108 of 138
latest reply

Mine just switched to white again. Hopefully it now stays that way!
Message 109 of 138
latest reply

Still blacked out on stock Pixel 2 with whiteUI wallpaper set during daylight hours, using brand new update 5.18.2.0

This is really annoying reverting back to 5.17 every time a new release comes out without a fix.

Message 110 of 138
latest reply

All have same issue but unfortunately I am not able to see any feedback from eBay regarding this issue. 

Looks like we are all talking to a wall. So unprofessional 

Message 111 of 138
latest reply

I have a Pixel.  Last night, 3/20/18, I was checking eBay and all was fine.  I exited the app, then about two hours later decided to check something else.  Then it was black.

A fix listed suggested backing down the eBay app to a previous version, turning something off, etc.  I don't understand any of that.  I just want you to send out a fix ASAP.Screenshot_20180321-192427.png

Message 112 of 138
latest reply

Latest update fixes nothing. Pathetic. Ebay is currently useless.

Message 113 of 138
latest reply

Ebay this is ridiculous nothing has been done yet.
Message 114 of 138
latest reply

I'm also having the issue. App changed to Dark mode whilst it was running in the background. Uninstalled and reinstalled, switched off eye care, auto brightness, set a light android theme, turned the brightness up full, force stopped and cleared cache, signed out and back in. No improvement.

Ebay app version: 5.18.2.0

Huawei P10 android version: 7.0 security patch 06/11/17 build no: VTR-L09C440B171 EMUI version 5.1

Have been unable to use the app for 1 week now. 

Message 115 of 138
latest reply

Just started having this issue Samsung Galaxy s8 please help

Message 116 of 138
latest reply

Have the same issue. Miui 9
Message 117 of 138
latest reply

hello not sure if this is related or I'm just lucky? I have the black/blue broken app too. however opening the app then turning the phone to horizontal then back to portrait fixes it. obviously a temp fix for me as it reverts to black/blue every time the app is opened.

might help others in the short term.

Message 118 of 138
latest reply

This happened to me as well. It seemed to happen after I updated my Samsung S8+ to the new Oreo 8.0 OS 

Message 119 of 138
latest reply

Ebay, you posted your reply 1st March, it is now nearly the end of the month and still not resolved! How can this be sorted? It's horrendous to use and if not sorted I will uninstall and use Amazon!

Message 120 of 138
latest reply