cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night mode dark theme breaks app

Please help. The new theme breaks the app, I can't see my text when I go to log in, it's all white, leaving me to log in blind, and once in the app, many buttons are simply missing because they aren't displayed properly. Please fix or revert, we should have been given a choice. 

Message 3 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

Re: Black color Background

Thank you!!! This worked for me also!!!  

Message 91 of 138
latest reply

Pixel 2, 

done for too, as of this morning.

this is rubbish.

The thing that worries me is that it instantly cuts my selling market down, people who would be potential buyers now just won't bother.

Message 92 of 138
latest reply

Got the same issue. Reinstalled, changed brightness etc. Nothing has fixed it. Razer phone

Message 93 of 138
latest reply

i had the same issue after the update i fixed it by logging the app out and then back in

hope this helps you

@biciclettawrote:

Samsung Galaxy S7

Android 7.0 

Uninstalled and re-installed eBay app on 3/11/2018 with no change to black screen issue.

Message 94 of 138
latest reply

Hello,

11 days, can we have an update please? People are starting to find other platforms and are beginning to see their sales affected.

I just want to be able to use the app whenever I would like. 

Thanks 

Message 95 of 138
latest reply

Phone: Pixel 2 XL

Same issue as everyone on this thread. I've installed their new "update" and tried uninstalling/reinstalling with no change. Why is there even a Night and Day theme? Doesn't seem like ANYONE likes the change? Our phones have the feature built in for a reason. So that if WE want to change the light or color balance it can be done at our accord. I would complain about this "dusk" mode even if you worked correctly. 

I really think you dropped the ball BIG on even considering there was a needed change to an app you knew that worked. Why mess with the formula? Give us the control. If singular users want to use it, let 'em. If we don't, don't make us. You're better off making settings so we can customize themes. 

Just my two cents.  

Message 96 of 138
latest reply

@r4cerbhoywrote:

i had the same issue after the update i fixed it by logging the app out and then back in

hope this helps you

@biciclettawrote:

Samsung Galaxy S7

Android 7.0 

Uninstalled and re-installed eBay app on 3/11/2018 with no change to black screen issue.

Logging out & back in fixed it for me. I had previously updated with last week's fix

Message 97 of 138
latest reply

So I fixed the issue with no text on black background. I actually like the dark theme, it's easier on my eyes. To get the text showing I just went into the app manager, eBay, force stopped, then went to storage, clear cache and open app. Working fine since I did that.
Message 98 of 138
latest reply

I thought the logoff/logon truck had fixed this problem but after a while the black background comes back. Logging off makes it go white again but it still comes back eventually. I tried 'force stop' & clear cache but this just made it black again. I had to logon to get it white. I might try moving the app from my SD card back to internal storage to see if that makes any difference.

Message 99 of 138
latest reply

I have this issue. I've not downloaded any apps since Christmas especially not themed apps and not had any updates. This has been since Feb my black background issue. I've just tried uninstallling and reinstalling and now I can't sign back into my app because I can't see where to sign in. 

Message 100 of 138
latest reply

Completely agree. What I don't get is, all app users are upset with eBay and have expressed that the app is unusable yet they haven't fixed the app or gone back from the new update. Horrible customer service! Expect better eBay. Please fix.

Message 101 of 138
latest reply

@nuttymisspiggywrote:

I have this issue. I've not downloaded any apps since Christmas especially not themed apps and not had any updates. This has been since Feb my black background issue. I've just tried uninstallling and reinstalling and now I can't sign back into my app because I can't see where to sign in. 

If you can turn on "high contrast text" in Accessibility if you have it, this should help you see where to sign in.

It's very poor that we are having to do these workarounds just to get a useable app.

Message 102 of 138
latest reply

I have had the same issue since February. However yesterday, without being updated, the app was back to normal.today is back to the useless dark theme. Looking at my play store history the app hasn't updated for a week. Something very strange going on
Message 103 of 138
latest reply

Just started happening to me today to. eBay app did not update. It happened around dusk. (my phone always has night mode set to automatically turn on at dusk, based on location). Don't know if it was coincidence with it happening around dusk.

I've tried turning off night mode, clearing cache and data from eBay spp and looking for new version in app store. No luck...

Running OnePlus 5T w/Android 8.0 Oreo.

Message 104 of 138
latest reply

Just tested it. If android is set to dark theme, eBay app goes on black theme, if I use light theme in Android e bay goes white theme... I can't find an option in the ebay app to disable or enable me to choose a color it's only influenced by my android theme! 

Message 105 of 138
latest reply