cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kindle Fire Update not available. Please advise. CE from m2m board

Hi Mobile app team,  I am a volunteer on the Community boards and I am starting to see a lot of questions about the ebay update for Amazon Fire.  I do not have an Amazon Fire but from what I understand it can only use Android apps that are in the Amazon app store which are not up to date.  

Is ebay going to work with amazon on getting the app store updated?    Some comments on amazon say that the amazon fire app is 3 versions behind.   Ebay is saying that they need to update or their version of the app will no longer work.  

Right now all I can do is send them here so as not to flood this board I thought I'd try to find an answer.  

Thanks!  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Unable to update kindle app

Me too!  Maybe Ebay will notice how many of us are missing and rethink their decision.  

Message 46 of 59
latest reply

I sell on eBay and I have used my Kindle Fire HDX 3 to list articles for sale frequently.

I have tried to update the EBay app to no avail in line with other people I have contacted they are ditching the Amazon Kindle and investing in a Windows 10 Notebook.

We are being ripped of by Amazon.

Message 47 of 59
latest reply

Love my kindle but wouldn't buy another one as no updates for eBay available
Message 48 of 59
latest reply

I actual just pushed an update of the eBay app for my Kindle Fire 7

Message 49 of 59
latest reply

Hi.  I am running Fire OS 4.5.5.3 and I still cannot get the app.  It does not show up in the Amazon app store.  Can you direct me to a place to download the .apk directly?

Message 50 of 59
latest reply

I believe that I have found a solution for the eBay app until they come out with a new update.  I am using a Fire HDX running OS 4.5.5.3.  Delete the old app from the device 

and then go to your settings and go to applications and make sure that the switch that allows you to install apps from unknown sources is turned ON.  Using Silk browser go to 

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/ebay-mobile/ebay/ebay-5-6-0-14-release/ebay-buy-sell-save-money-5-6-0-... and download the apk file.  Silk will ask if you really want to download the file and go ahead and proceed.  When it's finished downloading go ahead and open the file.  The screen will change and it will show you a permission listings page.  Click on install at the bottom of the page and then open the app.  Sign in with your credentials and your ready to go.  All of your eBay lists should be intact. I haven't tried to buy anything yet so I don't know if it automatically logs onto PayPal.  Note that this is not the latest update for the Android app - it's about a year old but it installed and there's no warning about the app becoming outdated from eBay.  There are newer updates available but I tried a few of them working down from 5.13.x.x on down to 5.11.x.x and none would install,  probably because the Fire software is lagging behind the Android software. The app itself is different from the old app that you are used to looking at but I don't see any functionality difference and it's easy to use. It has a side bar similar to Silk to navigate the app. I hope this helps some of you who are as angry as I was about the situation. 

Message 51 of 59
latest reply

I am running 4.5.5.3 on my Fire HDX. I downloaded and installed the Android eBay app apk 5.6.0.14 from here https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/ebay-mobile/ebay/ebay-5-6-0-14-release/ebay-buy-sell-save-money-5-6-0-...  and it seems to be working for me. This update is about a year old. The newer updates like 5.13.x.x and 5.11.x.x  would not install, probably because the OS for Kindle is lagging behind the Android OS currently out there.  The layout of the app is different than the old one but I don't mind it. It has the sidebar similar to Silk for navigation. My first reply to this didn't post last night and I'm not sure why.

Message 52 of 59
latest reply

Finally, an app update that seems to work. Just installed it, and checked my listings, o.k. so far....

Message 53 of 59
latest reply

They probably figure it will get more people to shop on the Amazon store app.

Message 54 of 59
latest reply

It's Not! Ebay......it's Amazon.......they want shoppers at Amazon!!!!

I'm going to jailbreak my fire and add the app. Problem solved

Message 55 of 59
latest reply

It is intentional, very intentional! Those **bleep**s! I wonder if it may even be illegal .

r m casady

Message 56 of 59
latest reply

The problem is since eBay implemented their changes and the app no longer works for kindle, we can access it through the web for purchasing and messages but when you need to do a return or file a claim it shifts to the mobile app. Then there's the no longer compatible message. Obviously, Amazon wasn't willing to pay the enormous amount eBay wanted to keep the app compatible for Kindle users and the punishment is we no longer have access. This is extremely frustrating since I had a case of an item not being as described and I want the refund to include shipping costs both ways and because that has to be done in the mobile app, I'm screwed. I cannot send messages to the seller anymore or appeal attaching  my photos which prove the sellers measurements were extremely inaccurate. I've tried doing it through the app on my phone but, even with the update, I still cannot attach my photos.

I'm buying a lot on eBay but I won't be anymore after this experience. The transaction is NOT guaranteed by eBay if you don't have access to the app.

Message 57 of 59
latest reply

@mobile_app_help wrote:

Hello everyone

Thank you for the posts about the Kindle Fire app. The new eBay app requires Android OS 4.2 (Jellybean) and higher. If you are unable to update your app due to your operating system version, you may still shop eBay with your mobile browser on your Kindle at eBay.com. 

Thank you

Message 58 of 59
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Message 59 of 59
latest reply