cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay app missing from recent apps

Hi folks,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. The eBay app doesn't show when I select the recent apps button. I'm running Android version 6.0.1 on a Sony Xperia Z2 and app version 5.14.1.0. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 136
latest reply
135 REPLIES 135

Re: Ebay app missing from recent apps

What a big joke 

They completely ignoring this issue .

Thanks for nothing.

OnePlus 6, Android 9.

Please support at least latest Android 9 version!

Message 121 of 136
latest reply

Yeah my OnePlus 5T on Android Pie Oxygen OS and lastest eBay app from the play store also has this issue, really annoying. Anyone found a fix?
Message 122 of 136
latest reply

This is ridiculous. On OnePlus 5T and this issue is still present. Update notes said the problem was fixed over a month ago and it's still happening. Force closed, cleared cache, reinstalled, nothing works.
Message 123 of 136
latest reply

Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Android 8.1.0

Still happening. How can a billion dollar company not fix this? Unbelievable. 

Message 124 of 136
latest reply

Same issue here. Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite with Android 9. Stock Android ("Android One") , not rooted, nothing special, latest security patch (june 2019 level) installed.

eBay, seriously, do something about this instead of asking people "have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it yet" 

Message 125 of 136
latest reply

I've also got this issue. 

OnePlus 5T

2 years on and this still isn't fixed? 

Message 126 of 136
latest reply

LG V20 here. Ebay app still does this lol. What a joke.

Message 127 of 136
latest reply

Here are some steps to keep the app running when in the background.

Thanksbackground.png

Message 128 of 136
latest reply

I guess they're not going to do anything about the issue?   Oneplus 5T Android Pie Stock.  

Message 129 of 136
latest reply

I've been having the same issue for over a year.  LG V30 with Nova Launcher.  Force stopping seems to work but from the responses here it seems that's only temporary.  Don't want to uninstall nova launcher as I'm not sure it will keep my settings.

Message 130 of 136
latest reply

you can backup all your nova launcher app data by going to the nova launcher settings and backup or something like that, and then uninstall. when you reinstall just load the backup file in the same part of the settings. i don't think that's what is causing eBay to not show in recents, but it's totally possible because i use nova launcher too. eBay seriously needs to fix this age old problem though. it's been years. YEARS. i thought when i finally switched from the oneplus 3t to the oneplus 7 pro, I'd get an eBay that actually worked. but nope. IT'S DECEMBER OF 3 (THREE, THIRD, THRICE, TRIPLE, TRES, HOW CAN WE GET THIS THROUGH TO YOU?) YEARS LATER, CMON EBAY! 

Message 131 of 136
latest reply

Doesn't work on my new samsung galaxy tab A

Message 132 of 136
latest reply

No Ebay app icon on home screen on my Samsung galaxy Tab A. I've tried uninstalling, powered off and back on.  Re-installed from play store still no icon, powered off and back on, still no ebay app icon. Would appreciate some help please. Regards David.

Message 133 of 136
latest reply

Same for me on my Hu phone

Message 134 of 136
latest reply

Why are you pretending you don't see the problem? A user figured it out FOR YOU over a year ago. In the XML file of the APK, there is a variable referencing recent apps, and Ebay has it set to FALSE. 

It would take a dev a matter of seconds to change that field. Why are you refusing to escalate this to where it can be EASILY fixed?

Message 135 of 136
latest reply