cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to App, Not User Friendly

I really don’t like the changes made to the app recently, including;

- I can only see how many watchers are currently eligible for an offer by first setting up the offer. It would be better to see right away.

- I can only make an offer for percentage discount, not a dollar amount, when using the app. If I want to do a set dollar amount I have to switch to my browser and use the web version. 
- There are more steps now to make an offer in the app, I have to select the item and then select the button to make an offer. It used to be just one step. Why make it harder?

- It took me a bit to figure out how to contact a buyer because it changed so much. It used to bring up a box to compose the message, and it took me awhile to realize it was reduced to a line at the bottom of the screen.

- In general, it’s less user friendly and requires more click throughs.  It would have been nicer if they made the seller experience better, like being up front on the fee% when drafting the listing, being better at returning sold price results on actual similar items (often has highly unrelated items in the results), allowing sellers to view the prior listings of sold price results, bringing back 1st class shipping for small items that fit in flat envelopes, placing a field near the top of the listing draft for noting confidential data on the inventory location of the item (ie Shelf 1A), fixing glitches faster (like after you make an offer and return to the watched items list, it does not load well, you have to exit and renter for it to load properly, similar problems with the draft list), being able to click on the tag that shows a buyer as a prior customer to see what they purchased before, and it would be nice to pull a list of items that have been for sale for an extended periods for possible action. Instead, we get a lot of useless feedback metrics that have very little use to most sellers. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@richienas9110 wrote:

I really don’t like the changes made to the app recently, including;

- I can only see how many watchers are currently eligible for an offer by first setting up the offer. It would be better to see right away.

- I can only make an offer for percentage discount, not a dollar amount, when using the app. If I want to do a set dollar amount I have to switch to my browser and use the web version. 
- There are more steps now to make an offer in the app, I have to select the item and then select the button to make an offer. It used to be just one step. Why make it harder?

- It took me a bit to figure out how to contact a buyer because it changed so much. It used to bring up a box to compose the message, and it took me awhile to realize it was reduced to a line at the bottom of the screen.

- In general, it’s less user friendly and requires more click throughs.  It would have been nicer if they made the seller experience better, like being up front on the fee% when drafting the listing, being better at returning sold price results on actual similar items (often has highly unrelated items in the results), allowing sellers to view the prior listings of sold price results, bringing back 1st class shipping for small items that fit in flat envelopes, placing a field near the top of the listing draft for noting confidential data on the inventory location of the item (ie Shelf 1A), fixing glitches faster (like after you make an offer and return to the watched items list, it does not load well, you have to exit and renter for it to load properly, similar problems with the draft list), being able to click on the tag that shows a buyer as a prior customer to see what they purchased before, and it would be nice to pull a list of items that have been for sale for an extended periods for possible action. Instead, we get a lot of useless feedback metrics that have very little use to most sellers. 

Hi @richienas9110. Could you please update your app to the most recent version. This should resolve this. 

Thank you

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I do most everything from my phone.  Since Ebay tends to lose my written up descriptions in drafts, I usually post my auctions to a future date and make adjustments before the date the auction lists.

Now that the app has changed, I can no longer see my scheduled auctions.  Instead they give me a bunch of options I don't need.  Flicking geniuses.  How can I see my scheduled auctions?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If are on the app and hit selling at the top the 3 active,sold and unsold show if you swipe them to left they are hiding there now.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

1000011503.jpg

 just hold and drag.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

They made it more labor intensive. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@anjofak wrote:

They made it more labor intensive. 

100%, I now have to click through 3 layers to get to the stuff that was right on top. You can tell these changes are done by people who don’t actually have to use the app, just pencil pushers needing to justify their job.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply