cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing Ebay Sales

I spent a good part of the weekend researching listing optimization and wanted to share these two youtube videos with anyone interested in tweaking and/or improving their listings.  I watched many videos, but I think these were the most helpful.  I feel they are worth the investment in time to watch.  I know they motivated me to freshen up a lot of my listings.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Increasing Ebay Sales

Thanks, dream.  I`ve saved them to watch later when it`s 'quiet' here. 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Half way through the 1st one and it's basic, nothing new and I guess you could say 'good' for someone that is clueless about selling in the Newspaper and or Online. 

White Backgrounds- NOT TRUE that Cassini look at that AT ALL. 

Shipping Time- NOT TRUE as ebay simply 'uses' whatever time you 'REALLY ship in' vs the 'handling time' that a seller will state that they do. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Sorry I wasted your time.  You are apparently an experienced seller.  Do you have any helpful tips you'd like to share with the group, or did you just want to critique the videos?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Mornin, dream.  Ya didn`t waste my time..I watched them both..the first one I think I pretty well had it all covered. 

But the second one I gotta admit I actually am confuzzled on.  (Who me??  Naww ) 🤔

Can`t seem to wrap my brain around using a seldom used word & how it is going to be able to be 'searched' if nobody ever uses it?  Or maybe I missed something along the line?

My thinking on the Item Specifics has always been to use terms people actually search by...or maybe that was old school? 

MHO  on it right now & I could very well be wrong as far as weak sales..is all the dadblamed

Similar sponsored items  & the 

Sponsored items inspired by your views

we have to scroll by BEFORE even getting to the listing we`re interested in.  That alone can really  be one thing hurting sales anymore.

I appreciate the time you took seeking out these helpful videos.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Thanks, Sarah.  I agree the first video was full of basic tips, but for me it served as a refresher course to go back to my older, stale listings and make sure I was utilizing all the tips in that video.  I tend to list and list and not go back and review items that haven't sold for a while and maybe implement some new changes or make corrections.  In other words, it motivated me to improve and review a lot of my listings.

I think in the 2nd example she was using the ventacular word to demonstrate inserting relevant keywords not only in the title but also in at least 2 recommended specifics will result in the most views.  I'm in the process of doing that this week and will hopefully see an uptick in sales. 
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Fingers crossed for ya!  I`ll  be 'cleaning house'  later this week  😉

Now I understand what she was doing..I should know better than to try & think so early in the day

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I found both of these videos to be helpful.  For example, in the first video the information about all caps.  At one time it was recommended to us all caps in your title.  (now I have almost 300 listings to change the titles) 🙄.  LOL

I agree with Sarah, the second video, was confusing AT FIRST, as the video went on it started to click.  The details are in the item specifics.  For my vintage jewelry I set-ups I have very specific of what I considered "Required Specifics" besides what eBay requires that you use.  The points she showed about using the "outside the box specifics, (specifics you normally wouldn't think of for your items)" they could help to get your items seen.  I found the information Jentacular!

I personally have been testing different listing durations to see what might be best.  Took everything off the Good `Til Cancelled, and did 7 day auctions.  I use to do the 10 day auctions.  Never experimented with the 3 and 5 day auctions but think I might try some of those.  1 day is just not for me, I don't think.

Besides, these two videos have led me to discover a whole new exploration of YouTube videos.  Thanks...... I think.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I fell down the YT rabbit hole of how to increase eBay sales a few years back.  I also do all of the tricks in the first video on a regular basis with the exception of promoted listings.  

The second video is interesting to me.  In my jewelry listings,  I intuitively picked multiple options on what holiday the piece would be good for,  I figured it couldn’t hurt.  However I did not ever try to put more than 1 style on my clothing listings.  I never realized that was an option for some reason.  I’m definitely going to edit  these.  I will also try to insert other key words in the required item specifics.  It’s worth a try.

Thanks for sharing,  definitely NOT a waste of my time.  

😊🤓🥰

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thanks Dream, I very much appreciated the sharing.  the 2nd video answered questions I have had about the specifics thing.   Sales have slumped so much since the changing of the categories, I can use any help !!!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thank you, watching them now 🙂

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

You're welcome.  I hope you find some useful tips.  I'm still tweaking a lot of my listings!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Ditto!  Since I'm taking a small break, finally got the parts for the camper and scheduled the repairs, looks like the perfect time.   

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply