cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marcel Boucher Avon Of Belleville Brooch...Help

I have a avon of belleville brooch marked with the avon of bellevill mark, Canada and number 896.

Trying to find if anyone has any info on this piece...was it part of a collection, and why a small number, most pieces i have gotten have a 4 digit number. 

Also how would you describe this man ...a genie, ?? and age.

Was this made by Boucher  or Mazur/Jomaz?

Brooch measures 2.5" high by 1 3/4" across.

He is missing 1 rhinestone eye.

Sorry for all the questions, but this one has me stumped.

Thank you.20231105_151325.jpgScreenshot_20231105-151611.png

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

He looks like a sultan or Maharaja to me, but I'm stumped on the markings.  Will do some further research.  Interesting brooch.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. I appreciate the help, I have been searching for weeks and can't seem to find anything similar.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I searched under Sultan, Genie Maharaja, didn't find the pin but did find reference to this Avon catalog:

https://catalog-brochure.blogspot.com/2014/10/catalog-avon-brochure-india-campaign-10-october-2014.h...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you but this is a pre AVON mark, not the same as the makeup company. This mark is from the 1940s-1960s from Avon of Belleville. Designers for the company were Boucher Mazur Jomaz and a few others.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I just looked through all Worthpoint pages and saw a bunch of Avon of Belleville brooches, but none like yours.  I'll keep looking.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Oh sorry, saw the mark and thought it was the regular Avon, lol! Never heard of the Avon of Belleville, nice to learn something new.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply