cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going to become a Jeweler!

I just got a job with a chain jewelry store working in the repair section.  It's only an apprenticeship to start but I'll be getting an education as I work.  I have some experience, having taken a few classes years ago and, of course, all the knowledge I got here, but now I'll get full on training.   It's a bit scary, totally different from the office jobs I've had, but it's exciting still. 🙂

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: I'm going to become a Jeweler!

Congrats!  Im not sure I would want to work for someone else's store or be responsible for other people's items.  As it is if I make a mistake or break something or lose something it is mine but you will get to work on antiques and heirlooms.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

wow what a wonderful opportunity!!

Congrats!!!

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Congrats Lexy!

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

If I would be young I would do the same!!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Congrats!! I wish I could
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Congrats!  That is wonderful.  I'm very happy for you.  You have to keep us informed and don't forget a few hints now and then will be greatly appreciated.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

3d-applause.gif

Congratulations! May it lead to even bigger & better for ya! 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Good for you lexy!  I think you'll love it!  4 years ago I began working for 2 large pawn shops (same owner) testing, doing light repairs and cleaning and listing all their jewelry on ebay.  There are 2 others there that list everything but jewelry and one part time packer.  It's really been a dream job.  You'd think I would get sick of doing ebay but I never have.  I list gold and diamonds there and costume jewelry on my own account.  I guess you could say I'm addicted to jewelry.  Ha!  Congratulations and keep us posted on how you like it!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Thanx all, one bummer is that I'm not allowed to wear any jewelry at work, what will I do with all my lovely jools I've collected over the years?  I guess I'll just have to really showcase it after work and on days off.    At least it will cut down the time I take getting ready in the morning. lol

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I always try on and wear what I'm listing.  I'm draped in gold and diamonds all day!  Ha!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Cool! Congratulations, Lexy!

Hope you learn lots and Earn lots too (even if there is a lag between the learning and the earning, lol!

would enjoy sharing your experiences with the new job, try to keep us updated.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Congratulations, you'll be great at it.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Congratulations Lexy 🙂
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

How wonderful!!!  Best of luck, and may you find plenty of other opportunities to wear your jewels!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply