cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going to become a Jeweler!

I just got a job with a chain jewelry store working in the repair section.  It's only an apprenticeship to start but I'll be getting an education as I work.  I have some experience, having taken a few classes years ago and, of course, all the knowledge I got here, but now I'll get full on training.   It's a bit scary, totally different from the office jobs I've had, but it's exciting still. 🙂

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: I'm going to become a Jeweler!

Well done Lexy,  when I wanted to train in the 60's it was an all mans world and they wouldn't take on a girl.I have just had my 74th birthday and am still working. The love of jewellery never leaves you once you start. I have with my husband employed a lot of jewellers over the years, some only achieved the bench hand  status. Never finishing their time. Others no amount of training made them good jewellers, there just wasn't the love of it. Others good technicians but, had no flare for design. Find you niche, and enjoy. Mine was designing, and I am lucky to still be in demand. Unfortunately, our trade has taken a huge  kick in the @#$%^, it is time to take back some of the business taken from us by China. 

Good Luck, follow your dream, but remember it won't be easy or over night,  Charm. 

Charm Affair or Charm
Message 16 of 16
latest reply