cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Fab pin....alas unmarked! Hattie anyone?

Just picked this up at the thrift store...the jewelry lady held it aside for me! My first thought was Hattie Carnegie but when I looked in my jewelry 101 book it appears she was more into animals and fish. The beads and rhinestones on the..um..sticky outy thingy needs replaced but I still think it will sell. It's pretty big at 3 1/2 x3. (There is no green on this as it appears in photo. I have a green shirt on!) I would love some thoughts about how best to get this in front of the right people. Keywords? Possible makers? Thanks folks! Lisa
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Big Fab pin....alas unmarked! Hattie anyone?

Ok, I finally have a piece of jewelry that isn't a stone (lol) and no one comments?! I thought you gals would be happy! I really need help with this one. I hate to just put it up and hope that someone comes across it. It's really much nicer than other rhinestone pieces I have. Keyword help much appreciated!! Thanks Lisa
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Pretty, but not a clue except I think it's a little older than HC from the hinge and general construction, but that's not one of my strong points

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I`m sure you`ve louped it good..is this just a blip mark? 

image.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I saw that mark(?) too Sarah.  The first thing that came to mind when I saw it was could it be a Marcel Boucher Phrygian Cap.  But that is just a WAG.  It could be just a defect in the casting.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Wow, that really does look like a mark! But...it's not. (Insert sad face here!) I did another run over with the loupe to no avail. I was surprised looking at the "architecture" of this. It is really well made for a piece of costume jewelry. I have to look this up but the jewelry lady at the thrift shop pointed out the main stone/plastic, which I assumed was moonglow (?), but she said it looks like simulated star sapphire. The eye kind of follows you. Were such beads made? Please please please...I need keywords! Thanks as always, Lisa
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Bumping for the Friday night crew. Any keywords or "similar in style to" that I can throw in the auction description to attract lookers? Thanks, Lisa
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I might call this a Rhinestone Flower Corsage Brooch.

Not sure who made this. Also not sure if this is complete as it appears there is a petal or something danglely missing?
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

My first thought was Coro. That moonglow cab is seen in lots of 1940-ish Coro jewelry.

Have a Blingful Day!
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

its retro modern, pre or post WWII since it looks to be a pot metal.

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

The brooches on this page might help with putting a date to yours:

http://www.morninggloryantiques.com/collectFloral.html
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the help ladies! OCR, thanks for link. I checked it out again and I don't see a place for a "dangle". Where were you thinking it should be?
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I was wondering because Coro did some flower brooches with cascading foxtail chain dangles and I thought I saw where a brace bar might have gone across the gap.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply