cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Bulk Purchased Items without upc's

I have thousands of jewelry making components and beads purchased brand new at wholesale shows in bulk.  They do not have upc's.  There is no way billions of beads and components (findings) without upc's can be added to the catalog.

Other sellers have nuts, bolts, screws, etc. purchased in the same bulk manner.

Will these type of listings still be allowed? 

How will they be presented to buyers?  Buy Boxes of random designs and sizes?

How can they ever be associated with the eBay catalog?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@b86fiero wrote:

I have thousands of jewelry making components and beads purchased brand new at wholesale shows in bulk.  They do not have upc's.  There is no way billions of beads and components (findings) without upc's can be added to the catalog.

Right now we are only discussing select products in consumer electronics and home and garden that we will be requiring association with the eBay catalog. With that said, unique, one-of-a-kind, private label, and loose (non-productized) goods are an important part of the eBay platform. If there are changes to how these items need to be listed, we will make sure that the selling community is made aware of these changes well in advance.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

So are you saying that we can still sell one of a kind, handmade items and will NOT have our listings removed or not told to modify our listing?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@long_live_the_sellerwrote:

@b86fierowrote:

Right now we are only discussing select products in consumer electronics and home and garden that we will be requiring association with the eBay catalog. With that said, unique, one-of-a-kind, private label, and loose (non-productized) goods are an important part of the eBay platform. If there are changes to how these items need to be listed, we will make sure that the selling community is made aware of these changes well in advance.

Yes, but eBay is serving these other listings (outside of the "select products") to buyers using the new Buy Box right now.  In my case, eBay is sometimes attaching a product to my listing for me, and then serving it with that product (it is often wrong).  In other cases, eBay is not attaching a product page to my listing, and if it doesn't have one, that would mean it is not appearing on any Buy Box page, would it not?

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I suspect all the ebay employees are reading from a script as the above has been posted by others.  They are  NOT really interested or able to answer any questions beyond what is currently cast in the rollout stone and included in their marching orders.  . 

It seems that the only goal is to return to JD's original plan - the Amazonification of ebay - squashing what has made ebay unique and different from Amazon in the process.  Meg Whitman at least understood what made ebay unique - unlike those that have followed.   

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Right now only the (few) categories listed in the Spring Update will be affected.  The rest will follow (or not) over time.  It's very dark here.... wait, there's a bright light ahead....

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 6
latest reply