cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WELCOME -- New Members START HERE

Hello and Welcome! Pull up a chair and tell us about YOU! How did you find us and what level of eBay selling are you at? SO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU HERE!!!!
Message 1 of 96
latest reply
95 REPLIES 95

Re: WELCOME -- New Members START HERE

I am new to E Bay as of a couple of weeks ago.  There is a lot going on out here.  Trying to figure out how to effectively research products.  Is this a new E Bay website.  It seems to be different from the information that I have available to me.

Message 76 of 96
latest reply

Hi.

I am a new seller. I started on the 10th of Oktober but still I haven't sold anything altough I have some very nice items for sale. 

I am wondering if we new sellers can stick together,  f.e. by helping each other to sell their first items?  And systematically make new seller followers on each sellers page?

What I mean is: staying together to rase the awailability and shorting the time for the first selling.

I invide new sellers to follow my page and vill do the same back 🙂

Message 77 of 96
latest reply

Hi.

You can try to use Applications like FROO Cross Sell. Then your items are shown through all the eBay sites in the World.

I have in loaded into my browser Bookmark all the eBay links in the world. I can therefore Sign into each and every eBay web and have a look at how much my items ar viewed there.

Message 78 of 96
latest reply

There are always problems getting those first few sales.

One method of building customer's trust is to have feedback. You can get feedback by BUYING on eBay. Things that you need anyway. For example, I buy my poly envelopes here from a US seller. (I am in Canada.) Buyers can only get positive feedback, so you get something you need anyway and have the bonus of feedback.

A further bonus, buying will help you understand your customers' experience and make you a better seller.

Your titles are the most important part of your listing. And all 80 keystrokes are FREE. While grammar and punctuation are not important,  spelling is. You don't have to say "bread and butter" you can say "bread & butter" or "bread butter".  In your ads for dulse, you might also add " edible seaweed " and " icelandic nori"

Your listing of a used Lord of the Rings DVD is unlikely to sell with that title. Add " Icelandic Sub-titles" to the description. You may find a buyer in Gimli, Manitoba.

Push the unique parts of your items. Do those shoe-socks have an Icelandic name? Are they pure wool? Hand spun? Say so. You have 80 keystrokes.

Message 79 of 96
latest reply

Thank you very much for your advice and help. I have now Revised those with those in mind Smiley Happy

Although the socks are machine knitted they have an Icelandic name (Flókaskór) (translates Felted shoes). But there is no other name for it in english and the shoes are not felted. It can be seen on the photos.

By the way those shoes are very varm and comfortable.

Message 80 of 96
latest reply

Denise,

One thing that I have found after years of selling on eBay is that when an problem arises, as a seller you should never take anything said personally and respond in kind. I have seen SOO many negative feedbacks where the seller responds "Buyer is a LYING DIRTBAG, BLOCK this a-hole, worst buyer ever, etc etc etc". If someone has a problem with an item, I respond right away by apologizing that the transaction was not to their liking and tell them I'd be happy to take the item back for a refund. I am always polite and never try to blame the seller for whatever their opinion is, like "well YOU might not like it but other people do, so whatever". I have found that when you are polite and just discuss the facts of the situation, people are more likely to respond in kind and less likely to be rude and argumentative. The same applies to negative feedback. There is nothing wrong with writing to a seller and explaining how important feedback is to your business, and that while you are aware that they had an unpleasant experience, would they consider removing the negative? I'm not saying that you need to kiss anyone's rear end. Just stick to the facts, be reasonable, calm, polite, and appeal to the other person's better side. I hope this helps.

Message 81 of 96
latest reply

Believe me I know how this can be, I had one of these myself not to long ago, I knew the lady had to be lying when she said all the pieces were not even in the box,   I had this happen a year or so ago to, and at that time it was possible that I just didnt pack it well enough, this time however learning from that experience, I made sure I put foam on every side of the box inside, there were 2 pieces so I double wrapped each with bubble wrap upon putting them in the box then put in more foam making sure it was nice an snug, sealed it up and shipped off, (one of them had a piece missing already but it was noted in the description) So I Come home from work one day and there is Bad feedback saying one of them had a smashed head and all the pieces were not there (she claimed she tried to glue it back together) and it wasnt packed good, Needless to say I was a little bit upset (Due to the bad feedback already I guess) I wrote her and said it I really thought it was packed well and that they were whole when I put them in the box but that the postage included insurance so it was no big deal, She wrote back claiming I knew it was broke. So then I at wanted proof that it was broke but she said she had no way of taking a photo and showing, she insisted on a refund so I sent the form from ebay saying upon return she will be issued a refund. She wrote back insisting that I put it in the box knowingly broken with all the pieces not there and I now am going to have insurance pay for me knowingly putting in the box broken, Sorry I know its wasnt good business practices but I wrote her back saying that really makes no since it would be stupid on my part to do something like that, what would it profit me in the end. I had also been to her feedback to check it out and noticed that she had bid on something of someone elses and tried to cancel it because she had already had another ordered as the person she had tried to cancel on had Left Positive Negative Feedback about her trying to get her to cancel, So when I wrote her the last time I also mentioned this and told her shame on her she knows if she bids on something she is suppose to pay an that person may have really needed the money to eat.  I know I use ebay as a supplement to help me.  I really had nothing to lose at that point as she had already left me bad feed back. And I told her if it was broken like she claimed when she opened it, (Made me feel better anyway lol)

Why would she even attempt to try to glue it back together, to be honest I sure wouldn't if I had received it in the mail like that,  but I would also have tried to get it worked out before I left bad feed back. So in the end she wouldnt return the item, Ebay did give her money back, But they didnt take it from me (Because she wouldn't return it), The feedback remains but it is working its way out.  

Message 82 of 96
latest reply

So in the end she wouldnt return the item, Ebay did give her money back, But they didnt take it from me (Because she wouldn't return it),

That is (partially) good news. The scammer wins (Boo! Hiss!) but at least you are not out cash.

And I suspect that this event also put the buyer on eBay's WATCH list, since she cost them money.

Message 83 of 96
latest reply

Hello All, 

i just sold my first Item..... Yes I reused several things as i always do. i am so excited and Thank You all for all the sugestions.

I've been here a while and never sold a thing. So when i got back home and looked i was in shock , it never dawned on me to check.

I do have it on my phone now so i can. I have one problem it was sold on the 21st. It wont go out till tomorrow 25th. I was having test done and will go back 27th i hope the buyer isnt upset. Should i mention it or leave it alone? Thanks for all the advice, i have got a partial dummy to take better pics. I drop the price  of this item like someone suggested.....  It sold hahahaha i'm so tikled. I will keep adding more  God Bless health, peace and knowledge to all. 

Message 84 of 96
latest reply

Hello Angel and all other members of this group! I'm new here. Started last month and so far it's been a great experience for me.

I've visited many shops listed here and I must say, they are grand shops. I hope to achieve what you all have accomplished.. 

Please take a peek at what I have to offer. I don;t have a store yet, but I do have many products to offer at affordable prices.

Everything in my listings are made in my little sewing shop.  I also offer craft items that are no longer used in my shop. Maybe you can use them. 

My main products produced in my shop are table linens such as Cloth Napkins and table runners. 

Not asking you to purcahse anything, but please take a look at my items and let me know what you think! I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts you may have. 

Thanks.

Here is the link. http://www.ebay.com/usr/acsproducts

Thanks for looking!!! 

Message 85 of 96
latest reply

piwacket

NO! I know it feels impolite, but your buyer is not showing signs of impatience. If he contacts you reply promptly.

Because of the delay in shipping, you should upgrade to speedier service on your own dime. It's a business expense.

New sellers are not very aware of the Detailed Seller Ratings, focussing too much on the feedback. You can have a lot of negative, and even more neutral feedback, with no other repercussions than hurt feelings.

But if your DSRs drop below 4.3, your ability to list and to sell, as well as your position in Search will be restricted. Below 4 and.... well I've never seen DSRs below 4, so I think those sellers got the boot.

Upgrade and, without further comment, send your buyer the Delivery Confirmation number of the upgraded package.

And here's the lecture. Don't ever list something that you do not have in your hands and ready to ship. I've been listing some postcards from Edwardian South Africa and many don't make the 24 hour mark before they are sold, mostly to RSA or the Netherlands.

Message 86 of 96
latest reply

acsproducts

I looked at those grey chainlink pillows. My first thought was,"Those willbe difficult to pack" . It was onlyby  reading the description that I realized you are only selling the covers.

So, add a picture of the covers alone. And since you have room in the title (your best selling tactic) add the size.

I think you have already realized that this is not the time of year for custom orders

The more items you have listed the better your sales will be , even as a percentage of listings. And don't be too discouraged, average sell through is less than 40% of listings.

I notice that you are signed up for the Global Shipping Program. Since most of your items sell for less than the $50 eBay suggests (and the $100 Canadian sellers have suggested based on our thorough knowledge of border costs) I would get rid of that. You can ship up to four pounds of product WITH Delivery Confirmation to Canada using First Class International. Your Canadian cusstomers will not be charged duty or sales tax using FCI, but they will if you use GSP. And they will be furious.

For example, on the tablecloth and napkins you have priced at $25, a Canadian would pay $14.85 for Priority Shipping, which is not necessary since FCI is cheaper and still offers DC, then another $7 for  sales tax and service fees. Doubling the cost of your item to a market the size of California.

Basically, early in your career, don't ship overseas. Do consider Canada. We speak English, we are governed by Rule of Law, and we like Americans and your stuff. But unless your product is selling for over $100, don't use the GSP.

Message 87 of 96
latest reply

Thank you so much for your advice. I think in my latest listing, I opted out of the overseas shipping. I'll go back and make sure all listing are unavailable for "GSP.

Thanks so much for bringing that to my attention.

Message 88 of 96
latest reply

Hi all. Just introducing myself. I just started selling and enjoying participating in forums. I am primarily selling new/gently used brand name and designer shoes and clothing.  In addition to things from my home, I'm getting my items from thrift stores,consignment stores and movie set wardrobe (check out my wild clubbing shoes and boots -- from a 2012 movie -- many more like them to be posted later).  I love hunting for bargains and have always had a talent for finding quality items at great prices.  So, I'm putting that to use here.  I'm sure I'll have lots of questions and will try to contribute what I know.

"Penny" -- Atlanta area, ebay seller for 2.5 years, Mom to 4 amazing offspring, DD 24, DD 22, DS 19 and DD 16, loves line dancing, reading and live theatre (esp. musicals), one pet - Thor the pupnado - a one year old Staffie mix,
Message 89 of 96
latest reply

ITS UP TO THE PERSON IF THEY WANT TO SEND FEED BACK     I LOVE SENDING FEEDBACK AND RECEIVING IT,      HAPPY EBAYING    Smiley Happy

Message 90 of 96
latest reply