cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeits!

SOOOOOO many counterfeits on here right now! eBay is lacking in pulling fakes that are obviously not authentic! I'm not sure what's going on, but there are a lot of buyers being completely lied to and cheated. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Counterfeits!

Ebay is now using AI as well as humans to decide whether reports are valid and providing updates to reports. 

I've received several updates (after reports of OBVIOUS fakes) that say this-- NOTE THE UNDERSCORED SENTENCE: 

Hello albertabrightalberta,
Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found. 

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

Other reports for which listings have been removed say this -- NOTE THE UNDERSCORED SENTENCE -- And what follows states that if the seller disputes the removal, the listing may be reinstated: 

Hello albertabrightalberta,
Thanks again for reporting the problematic content you found. 

What happened:
We looked into your report and removed the content. It may take up to 24 hours for it to reflect on the site.  This determination was made by a customer service agent.

We let the content uploader know about this decision and the action taken. They may have the option to fix the content to make it visible again on site. They can also appeal our decision, and we'll review the case again and may reverse the original decision and action taken.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

eBay is actually recently been much better about removing Fakes when you report. If you think eBay is bad, don't go to PM. Theres a Great FB site called coach counterfeits where fakes are reported and sites are reported for fake coach bags. I highly recommend it.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@sandimas wrote:

eBay is actually recently been much better about removing Fakes when you report. If you think eBay is bad, don't go to PM. Theres a Great FB site called coach counterfeits where fakes are reported and sites are reported for fake coach bags. I highly recommend it.

Poshmark is the worst. So many sellers who've been booted from ebay go to PM because they know they can peddle fakes and get away with it. 

Etsy doesn't respond either. Every once in a while, an honorable seller will end a listing if told it's fake but that too is rare.

Mercari is 50/50.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

"but there are a lot of buyers being completely lied to and cheated."

Thats what the thirty day MBG is for. 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yes, but many buyers aren't ever aware that the bag they purchased is a fake. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

As you know, other than items that require authentication, no one employed by eBay evaluates an item in terms of its authenticity.

And another issue is that there are apparently reports of counterfeit merchandise that originate from sellers who sell the same things and want to shoot down the competition.

When shopping on line, regardless of the vendor, it's always wise to be knowledgeable about what you are purchasing, especially in the high dollar area.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I agree. This is EBay’s response to all the counterfeit handbags I reported:

“We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy.  This determination was made by a customer service agent.”

The customer service agent(s) are unqualified if they believe the counterfeit, fake, junk handbags I reported were authentic. It is a waste of time to report counterfeit handbags to this site because they disregard it. They are not keeping the site safe and protecting customers from purchasing a counterfeit handbag.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply