cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP - 4th Quarter 2017

GMM4Q.jpg

Now we're moving into what are some of the best selling months of the year, not to mention some of the nicest times of the year.  With fall underway, the weather's getting fine, buyers are looking for a new and interesting wardrobe.....so get your listings out there and let's MAKE SOME GREEN!    This is a group of like-minded sellers who share ideas, offer suggestions and solutions, and admittedly spend some time yakking together like friends.  Everyone is welcome here, so join in if you'd like and we'll be glad to see you back or meet you for the first time.

Here are our best ideas for successful selling, culled from years of selling experience:

1) LIST IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS - Try some regular auctions, auctions with Buy it Now, Fixed Price, and Fixed Price with Best Offer---try some with free shipping too. Not only will you get a better idea what works for YOU, but you'll offer buyers a variety of buying options.

2) OPTIMIZE YOUR LISTINGS – By using the free Terapeak Keyword app (find it in the Applications tab), practice how to take better photos, change the keywords on your listing titles regularly, change the opening blurb in your store header every now and then, and experiment with price changes UP as well as DOWN! Run Sales on a regular basis with the Markdown Manager and also learn how to set up Promotions on your Store listings for better visibility.

3) DON'T LET YOUR UNSOLD LISTINGS LAY AROUND - Check your My eBay page and click on Unsold...get those relisted ASAP! You've already done all the work, so be sure they're available to buyers. More listings = more bait in the water = more bites. 😄

4) OPEN A STORE - If you are wondering whether you are better off with a BASIC store or a PREMIUM store, figure that if you have over 250 store items, Premium is a better buy....under 250, Basic is....this is at least a rule of thumb to get you started. Stores used to be great places to put items and keep them available year round, but with the fee changes, maybe not so much - sit down and figure it all out.

However, there are at least four really good reasons to have a store.... 1) listing fees are less if you have a store, 2) your items can be separated into categories making it much easier for buyers to shop, 3) you can run Promotions and Markdown Manager sales. They are two different ways to generate sales!, and 4) you can put your store in vacation mode when you need to get away for a bit.

5) DEAL WITH BIDDERS, BUYERS, AND ANNOYING INQUISITIVE POTENTIAL BIDDERS IN A PATIENT AND FRIENDLY WAY - Remember that it's worth money in your pocket and it's good business sense to show respect to all. If you must, write up that snarky reply, laugh at it, then hit delete.

6) KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! This thread is all about MAKING MONEY, that's for sure, but we feel that being supportive of our Lister Sisters and Brothers helps ALL of us. Drop in and hang out! Venting is allowed, but take it easy on the drama, negative vibes and controversial, off-topic issues such as politics and religion.

Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Re: GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP - 4th Quarter 2017

Good Morning

How is everyone this fine Tuesday morning! I am here and getting ready to list list list!

Wishing great sales to everyone today!

Kat

Message 61 of 110
latest reply

Just showing off my most recent photo style on clothing (yes, this is a costume, it is how we broke out the new photo system) ROCKIN! Good luck this quarter.

Everybody wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.
Message 62 of 110
latest reply

Hi,

Good morning.

Just a quick update since I complained about my sales and views on October 20th I have now sold 11 items in that period which is more than I would normally.

Jeff

Message 63 of 110
latest reply

Awesome Jeff, pass the luck on over grin

I haven't sold anything, let Ebay rest on the back burner while taking care of my sick little one. Good think my husband has had off due to weather. It's so pleasant having him home! heart

Love the photo stitches and seam! Perfect shot dart

Message 64 of 110
latest reply

Message 65 of 110
latest reply

Ok as soon as I started reading about this resturant I knew it was Lambert's. I like going the the one in Ozark Missouri. Oh the food is sooooooo good. If ever in the area they have one and Ozark, Missouri, Sikeston, Missouri, and Foley Alabama. This is definitely a must eat at place.

Message 66 of 110
latest reply

TGIF and I’m actually OFF this weekend, so yay for me!  I hope to get more pictures taken and get more coats highlighted and ready to sell.  

Hi Kat!  Hi Stitches! Wow, that’s a great costume!  Love the presentation.

Jeff, I guess I’m going to just have to call and see if they have any suggestions for me.  I’ve been slow….

Hi preloved!  Hi Pflumm….Oh, there’s more than one of those restaurants Delta (Ronda) was talking about?  I’ve never heard of it but I’d definitely go.  The only 2 places I’ve been in in Missouri are KC and St Louis.  Are either of those close to the cities?  Foley must be where Ronda went.  

I need to get some re-lists done too.  I don’t like to use good til cancelled, but man, I just seem to have a lot of things to relist all of a sudden 😄  

Hope we all see more green this weekend!  Could use it with the holidays coming up…..pretty please, eBay?  🙂

Message 67 of 110
latest reply

Yes Ebay keep us all green this weekend! Hit up a nice sale yesterday and have some more to list. 

Kind of fell behind having a sick family this week, first time I've been sick in almost two years. Ah! It did suck, I still don't feel 100% but I want to get these listings going. 

All I've been doing this week is packaging sales (which I have had a few, yippee) and re-listings...Its about time I got a few NEW listings up. EEEP!

Goodluck everyone this weekend rainbowjack_o'lanternchristmas_treewine_glasschart_with_upwards_trend

Message 68 of 110
latest reply

DSC01948.JPGAnyone here help me out with what pearls these are? Im having a brain fart...

I got through my last brain fart though! lol. Found a pair of real fur (have to figure out what type of fur) Hand muffs, I couldn't think of the name for hours. So hopefully this will come to me as well,

Thanks for you're help in advance!heart_eyes

Message 69 of 110
latest reply

Thanks, eBay!  I’m having good sales today (5 so far) and sure appreciate it!  Have been working on re listing and organizing, so great to be rewarded with sales!

Ugh, yeah, preloved….it’s awful to have a sick family and be sick yourself too!  I’m hoping for a little brighter weather tomorrow so I can take pictures and put up fresh listings of some nice things I found today.

Freshwater pearls is what I’ve always called those.

Back to work for me!  Hoping for more good sales through the weekend….love it!

Message 70 of 110
latest reply

That's Awesome, glad you are getting good sales in this weekend!!
I'm going to quietly list some new items while my boys are sleeping. We are all still getting over being sick. Runny noses, coughs, so much fun....not.

But I'll quietly type on the computer it shouldn't wake them considering the TV is so loud and I didn't bring the volume remote with me. >.<;
Yes, fresh water pearls is exactly what I'll use in the title! Thanks for the help!

Happy sales to everyone this weekend!
Message 71 of 110
latest reply

Good afternoon! I just scheduled my first listing in years. I need to clear out the closets and cupboards. I read through some of the new listing requirments and I am hoping I didn't break any of the new rules. Wish me luck!

Message 72 of 110
latest reply

Goodluck Monaco! I'm back into it after a 2yr break. Stick around here, there are a lot of good Ebay veterans that have helped me out on this thread. 🙂
Message 73 of 110
latest reply

Thanks preloved. I got 4 items listed and they are live now. Hopefully I have some luck selling some things I haven't used in years. Just taking up precious closet space. I looked over the new listing basics and I'm hoping I haven't violated any of the new rules. I kept things pretty simple so fingers crossed. I used to use an HTML designer and photobucket but it sounds like they have cracked down quite a bit on fancy stuff and photobucket wants a fortune to hyperlink photos. Yikes!

Hopefully I can get more listed next week. Thanks for the support!

Message 74 of 110
latest reply

Your listings look great! Gl selling. I adore the silk scarf!! You even saved pictures of the receipts, so awesome! Photobucket wants $$ now for a photo link? I just used tinypic.com the other day for my signature down at the bottom. I haven't used photobucket in sooo long.
Message 75 of 110
latest reply