cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP - 4th Quarter 2017

GMM4Q.jpg

Now we're moving into what are some of the best selling months of the year, not to mention some of the nicest times of the year.  With fall underway, the weather's getting fine, buyers are looking for a new and interesting wardrobe.....so get your listings out there and let's MAKE SOME GREEN!    This is a group of like-minded sellers who share ideas, offer suggestions and solutions, and admittedly spend some time yakking together like friends.  Everyone is welcome here, so join in if you'd like and we'll be glad to see you back or meet you for the first time.

Here are our best ideas for successful selling, culled from years of selling experience:

1) LIST IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS - Try some regular auctions, auctions with Buy it Now, Fixed Price, and Fixed Price with Best Offer---try some with free shipping too. Not only will you get a better idea what works for YOU, but you'll offer buyers a variety of buying options.

2) OPTIMIZE YOUR LISTINGS – By using the free Terapeak Keyword app (find it in the Applications tab), practice how to take better photos, change the keywords on your listing titles regularly, change the opening blurb in your store header every now and then, and experiment with price changes UP as well as DOWN! Run Sales on a regular basis with the Markdown Manager and also learn how to set up Promotions on your Store listings for better visibility.

3) DON'T LET YOUR UNSOLD LISTINGS LAY AROUND - Check your My eBay page and click on Unsold...get those relisted ASAP! You've already done all the work, so be sure they're available to buyers. More listings = more bait in the water = more bites. 😄

4) OPEN A STORE - If you are wondering whether you are better off with a BASIC store or a PREMIUM store, figure that if you have over 250 store items, Premium is a better buy....under 250, Basic is....this is at least a rule of thumb to get you started. Stores used to be great places to put items and keep them available year round, but with the fee changes, maybe not so much - sit down and figure it all out.

However, there are at least four really good reasons to have a store.... 1) listing fees are less if you have a store, 2) your items can be separated into categories making it much easier for buyers to shop, 3) you can run Promotions and Markdown Manager sales. They are two different ways to generate sales!, and 4) you can put your store in vacation mode when you need to get away for a bit.

5) DEAL WITH BIDDERS, BUYERS, AND ANNOYING INQUISITIVE POTENTIAL BIDDERS IN A PATIENT AND FRIENDLY WAY - Remember that it's worth money in your pocket and it's good business sense to show respect to all. If you must, write up that snarky reply, laugh at it, then hit delete.

6) KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! This thread is all about MAKING MONEY, that's for sure, but we feel that being supportive of our Lister Sisters and Brothers helps ALL of us. Drop in and hang out! Venting is allowed, but take it easy on the drama, negative vibes and controversial, off-topic issues such as politics and religion.

Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Hi all!

How is the listing going? I just listed some tees that my sister brought me last week. And I picked up some clothes and some new Elizabeth Arden makeup yesterday. Just listed the makeup, and the clothes are in the washer and dryer. Gotta take more pics before listing some more.

Kat

Message 46 of 110
latest reply

Glad for the company!   I'm laughing because I just sent Barry to the grocery store and am curious to see what he brings back 😄

I use the shoebox shaped priority mail box for most shoe shipping unless they're soft and can fit in a padded flat rate.  Be sure to weigh them before listing so you know what you need to charge to cover shipping.  I know a lot of sellers use the padded flat rates or even polyvinyl envelopes for all shoes, but I think you're liable to have unhappy buyers in some cases, so just be cautious!

B

Message 47 of 110
latest reply

Haha Beth I hope you ended up with something good from the grocery store.  My husband is pretty good at getting what I ask him to get (if I give him a list) lol but somehow he always has extra when he gets home lol.

I've never used the polyvinyl envelopes not even for flats.  I would be afraid the shoes would be destroyed before they were delivered.  I will have to ordered some usps shoe boxes. I do have a few pairs that I could ship in the padded flat rate.  I can't believe how many pairs of shoes my daughters had and barely wore. I'm not really a shoe person  but all my girls love shoes. Thank goodness they are all adults and can buy them for themselves haha.

Debbie
Message 48 of 110
latest reply

Yeah, Im just getting online now. Have a few things to get caught up on. Listed a few misc. items and got an item ready for shipment tomorrow. I knew my little one was sick, his temp. was fine all day but now he has a mild fever. So I'll be home caring for baby, listing items & relaxing tomorrow. 

I'll just have to remind my Mr. to get my shipment to the post office! Our mail boxes are just too small to put items into. 

Hope you ladies had a productive weekend!

Message 49 of 110
latest reply

Hi Debbie—Barry did great—-just followed the list, hooray!  No, I wouldn’t use straight polyvinyl for anything other than a pair of rubber flip-flops, either  🙂

Hi Preloved!  I’m still listing, so being pretty productive!

Message 50 of 110
latest reply

Up early my little one is definitely not feeling well. *sigh

But my husband has a rain day off of work! So yay to staying at home and taking care of my little love & sending husband out to ship my package. Just one from this weekend. cry But I have a few more ready to list. Have a huge stock of my mother in law's old patterns from when she was a seamstress, figured I'll post those up cheaply along with the clothing I still need to list. 

Message 51 of 110
latest reply

Patterns can do really well, so float a few out there and see what kind of prices you're seeing before you put all of them up.

I got a good # of listings done this weekend, so YAY for  ME!   Two sales and neither one has paid yet--would love to get them mailed out today.  Our big excitement is that we're headed to Costco for supplies.  With only 2 of us, we are somewhat limited in what we get there as we don't need a 4 lb can of tuna fish or a 100 pack of toilet paper 😄    

Message 52 of 110
latest reply

I'd love to check out the Costco out here. Just the three of us, but I know it would be worth it for diapers. Although I get a pretty good deal at Toys R Us, suprisingly! But with plans on more babies, I'm sure it would be beneficial for us in the future for sure. 

Enjoy your travels today. 

I only grabbed the loose patterns, she has a few boxes full of them. So I'll take your advice and leave those 3 up there, and see how they do. grimacing

Message 53 of 110
latest reply

Hi,

First time replying to this thread.

I am up to 29 sales and one this weekend was a promoted listing.  The second one in 3 months of me using promoted listings.

As for a visibility end of Sept to Oct 4th 2 sales.  Very little views.  I called EBAY on the 4th and they said my store looked good, my listings were a good mix, I was doing promoted listings and 12% discount.  That there is no such thing as hiding listing.  As soon as I hung up I got a sale in the next 2 weeks 19 sales. 

Fast forward to end of this past week 4 days no sales or views I complained again and over the weekend I had 4 sales.  I am one to believe EBAY does something to the listings.  We should have to call up and complain.

Jeff

Message 54 of 110
latest reply

Hey Jeff,
'Tis the season for a lot of your sports collectibles I would think you would have lots of sales! That really sucks that you are noticing trends in sales, after you call up Ebay.

Im just getting back to selling after a 2yr break. In the past I've never had any views. This time around Im trying to be diligent about my titles, and have also noticed the vintage clothing items Im dabbling in have higher views then any of my modern items.

But I'm just a youngin' on Ebay just 10 items sold my first month back.

Hope you stick around in this group 🙂
Message 55 of 110
latest reply

I know this is in the Fashion Category and I am sports collectables but there is a lot of great ideas here.

Message 56 of 110
latest reply

Ohhh of course I was meaning all your sports clothing items! I was searching through your store for any Buffalo Bills clothing XD
Message 57 of 110
latest reply

Hi preloved!  There are just some things we can’t beat Costco for.  Cereal is an especially good deal.  I think we paid about $8 for a giant double box of Raisin Bran today whereas 1 small box costs $4+ in our grocery store.  I don’t know what the total weight compares at, but it’s a big difference.  Coffee too.  Olive oil.  Raisins.  Cheese.  Big differences on all of those.  I’m sure diapers would be very competitive with Toys R Us.  

Hi Jeff!  Welcome!  I’ve heard that same thing before, that calling eBay seems to shake things loose, though I’m not sure why.  Would love to have 19 sales in 2 weeks!!  Good for you!!  🙂  Glad you like our great ideas—we’ve put them together over the years and with some really highly ranked sellers.  Hope they help you!

I’ve been getting a lot of coats and jackets listed…..looks like the weather Up North is finally getting cold after a long Indian Summer.  Get ‘em out there if you have ‘em! But be sure to check the weights before you give a shipping quote---don't want to put $5 shipping on a coat and have it cost $15 or something when you get to the PO!

Beth

Message 58 of 110
latest reply

Ah, I totally forgot about cereal! && cheese! Ahhh, so want a membership now but we hardly have the space to fit my ebay sstock in our extra room none-the-less more food in this eco fridge. laughing But even so, a membership would pay for itself, I'll have to check into it.

Nice new listings Bsbk! I saw you pulled out a lot of nice winter garments! I did find a army green styled coat that I thought was unique & have it listed. Otherwise I'm staying away from outerwear at the moment. I know its the season, but I never find anything that isn't worn the heck out of out this way to re-sell.

Message 59 of 110
latest reply

Hope to sell some of these coats!  I sold a coat and a cape over the weekend.  Beth

Message 60 of 110
latest reply