cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP Second Quarter!

large.jpeg

Woot!  Here we are with a chance to make a fresh start....brush the cobwebs off your old listings and your old mindsets and let's go!  We're a group of eBay sellers who enjoy talking about our great finds, good sales, and life in general.  We welcome newbies and lurkers, and promise we don't bite!

THIS IS THE SECOND QUARTER THREAD AS WE'VE ALREADY GOTTEN TO 700 ON THE ORIGINAL THREAD!  GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!

Here are our best ideas, culled from years of selling experience:

1) LIST IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS - Try some regular auctions, auctions with Buy it Now, Fixed Price, and Fixed Price with Best Offer---try some with free shipping too. Not only will you get a better idea what works for YOU, but you'll offer buyers a variety of buying options.

2) OPTIMIZE YOUR LISTINGS – By using the free Terapeak Keyword app (find it in the Applications tab), practice how to take better photos, change the keywords on your listing titles regularly, change the opening blurb in your store header every now and then, and experiment with price changes UP as well as DOWN! Run Sales on a regular basis with the Markdown Manager and also learn how to set up Promotions on your Store listings for better visibility.

3) DON'T LET YOUR UNSOLD LISTINGS LAY AROUND - Check your My eBay page and click on Unsold...get those relisted ASAP! You've already done all the work, so be sure they're available to buyers. More listings = more bait in the water = more bites. 😄

4) OPEN A STORE - If you are wondering whether you are better off with a BASIC store or a PREMIUM store, figure that if you have over 250 store items, Premium is a better buy....under 250, Basic is....this is at least a rule of thumb to get you started. Stores used to be great places to put items and keep them available year round, but with the fee changes, maybe not so much - sit down and figure it all out.

However, there are at least four really good reasons to have a store.... 1) listing fees are less if you have a store, 2) your items can be separated into categories making it much easier for buyers to shop, 3) you can run Promotions and Markdown Manager sales. They are two different ways to generate sales!, and 4) you can put your store in vacation mode when you need to get away for a bit.

5) DEAL WITH BIDDERS, BUYERS, AND ANNOYING INQUISITIVE POTENTIAL BIDDERS IN A PATIENT AND FRIENDLY WAY - Remember that it's worth money in your pocket and it's good business sense to show respect to all. If you must, write up that snarky reply, laugh at it, then hit delete.

6) KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! This thread is all about MAKING MONEY, that's for sure, but we feel that being supportive of our Lister Sisters and Brothers helps ALL of us. Drop in and hang out! Venting is allowed, but take it easy on the drama, negative vibes and controversial, off-topic issues such as politics and religion.

Message 1 of 416
latest reply
415 REPLIES 415

Re: 2017 GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP Second Quarter!

Beth, you don't have to wait till 2024. There will be a total eclipse July 2, 2019 but you will need to travel to South America to see it.  Or take a Pacific Ocean cruise!

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/list.html

Message 331 of 416
latest reply

Hi!  We just got back from camping for a week.  Didn't make It to the painted hills, too many people here for the eclipse.  We found a nice spot in southern Oregon called toketee, home of the beautiful toketee falls.

we got back home in time for the eclipse.  We had about 98% totality at our house.  It was amazing.  We decided not to drive to totality about an hour away because traffic was a nightmare.  Still having a hard getting around, still so many people!  Do we gave any coach bag experts?  I gave a black canvas and leather carry on bag, I'm having a hard time identifying.  Looks like Purse forum is no longer.  I know it's real, but I need to identify style.  Let me know please!  Thanks!!

happy Birthday Olive!

Message 332 of 416
latest reply

Good morning!

Wow, cool reports on the eclipse, and happy belated birthday too!  Everyone I've spoken to about it said it was beyond amazing.  Don't think I'm heading to S. America for it next time, though 😄

Rainy here the next few days and we're driving over to the east coast for an overnight tomorrow.  Wish the weather'd cooperate, but we're looking forward to a little adventure, regardless.  We'll have fun.

Victoria, wow, beautiful falls!  Just post good pictures of your Coach out on the main Fashion board here---it's the purse forum now.  They'll need 4 or 5 good pictures of it overall plus the details like the creed, hardware, stitching, that sort of thing.  Lots of help available.

Hitting the shower!

Message 333 of 416
latest reply

Thank you Beth!
Message 334 of 416
latest reply

Good sales overnight, YAY!  

Boy is it dark and rainy here this morning....we'd planned a night out, little quick trip to the east coast, but cancelled it as the weather's so lousy.  Don't want to make a stressful drive just to have fun and sit inside while it rains 😄

TTYL and TGIF!

Message 335 of 416
latest reply

Yea for the Sales!
Boo re the canceled trip. 

Yesssss TGIF

(not that it makes much difference which day it is when you are an Ebay seller LOL)

Message 336 of 416
latest reply

Chuckling because now that we've cancelled the trip, the weather's brightened up considerably---still under a flood watch til Saturday morning, though, so there could be more rain where that came from.  I figure we'll go in 2 weeks or so.

My heart is aching for Texas....PLEASE! IF YOU ARE IN TEXAS, GET TO A SAFE PLACE!   Get your family and friends out of there! If you're close enough, let them come sleep on your floor.....I worry that they're not taking it seriously enough as they've had surprisingly little experience with hurricanes in recent decades.

And it's not going to be over in a few hours like we experience here in Florida....it's going to hang on.  Sure hope that at least some of this is Weather Channel Hysteria and Hype and that it won't be as bad as predicted.

((((TEXAS))))

Message 337 of 416
latest reply

Off and on rain here, so I shopped just a LITTLE 😉 this morning, then spent the rest of the day organizing, then getting my computer upgraded to the latest Mac OS.   Had 2 sales this evening and my printer worked perfectly, so FINGERS CROSSED that the combination of the upgrade and our Comcast repairs last week get me back on track.  So frustrating when you pay for a label, then the printer won't print it.  Ugh.

Keeping a good eye on Texas and sending them all my best vibes while I list this evening.

Anyone else listing??

hugs

Message 338 of 416
latest reply

Woot!  Good sales today AND my printer and computer seem to have kissed and made up!  😄

Message 339 of 416
latest reply

Happy Sunday evening!  Sales have picked up fortunately this weekend.  I have a nice big stack going out tomorrow.  Get this, I sold a pair of Levi legging jeans a couple of weeks ago.  They were new with tags attached.  Buyer opened a case for item being authentic because they fit smaller than other Levi jeans and told me if I wanted them back I needed to send her a prepaid return label.  I disputed and responded to buyer very nicely that they were authentic, added copies of the tags attached that were in the original listing and sent a copy of receipt from Levi that I had since I ordered them online, pointed out they were Legging Jeans with a snug slim fit.  Indicated in my description I had provided actual garment measurements indicating they were super skinny Leg and I indicated that I would accept a return but could not reimburse shipping.  Ebay sent me a message last night that they ruled in buyers favor, put a hold on PayPal  funds including shipping and said return shipping would be taken from my account when buyer shipped them back.  What??  I called ebay this morning and they said don't worry, the buyer might not send them back.  I am so furious, with all the info provided including the receipt for purchase.  Shipping both ways costs almost $14.  If I was wrong I could happily refund buyer.  It's the darn principal.  Plus she left a product review saying they were Gap jeans.   

Message 340 of 416
latest reply

Good morning! Good weekend sales for me, love it!

Victoria, I think I'd call again....that doesn't seem right!

Message 341 of 416
latest reply

Hi all,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to repurpose the cashmere from a Men's cashmere overcoat?

I found a Loro Piano 100% cashmere overcoat with minor moth holes (not all the way through the material, like holes in a sweater, just on the surface.)  It was 75% off day at the thrift, so I figured I'd risk the $2.  The coat weighs over 3 pounds, that's a lot of cashmere. Several sizes too small for me, as well.

I did try Google, but all I saw were ideas for sweaters. Thanks in advance. Accurate

Message 342 of 416
latest reply

Hi, accurate!  I'd get good pictures and list it as having flaws.  You never know who is going to know of a way or a place to repair them.  Can't think of a way to repurpose it otherwise.    Beth

Message 343 of 416
latest reply

I sold a jacket to a lady who makes fancy  dog clothing, kind of designer dog cshmere

Message 344 of 416
latest reply

Victoria, I would call and call and call til I got a rep with some common sense! Sorry that happened!

Hi to everyone else! I have nothing to list but Im going thrifting tomorrow! It's been 3 weeks since I Have to drive 2 hours to the nearest one. I'm soooo excited! I have been researching for two weeks to try and see what's selling and what are good brands I do't know about. Probably won't find a one but at least I'll go in a little more educated!

Message 345 of 416
latest reply