cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP Second Quarter!

large.jpeg

Woot!  Here we are with a chance to make a fresh start....brush the cobwebs off your old listings and your old mindsets and let's go!  We're a group of eBay sellers who enjoy talking about our great finds, good sales, and life in general.  We welcome newbies and lurkers, and promise we don't bite!

THIS IS THE SECOND QUARTER THREAD AS WE'VE ALREADY GOTTEN TO 700 ON THE ORIGINAL THREAD!  GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!

Here are our best ideas, culled from years of selling experience:

1) LIST IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS - Try some regular auctions, auctions with Buy it Now, Fixed Price, and Fixed Price with Best Offer---try some with free shipping too. Not only will you get a better idea what works for YOU, but you'll offer buyers a variety of buying options.

2) OPTIMIZE YOUR LISTINGS – By using the free Terapeak Keyword app (find it in the Applications tab), practice how to take better photos, change the keywords on your listing titles regularly, change the opening blurb in your store header every now and then, and experiment with price changes UP as well as DOWN! Run Sales on a regular basis with the Markdown Manager and also learn how to set up Promotions on your Store listings for better visibility.

3) DON'T LET YOUR UNSOLD LISTINGS LAY AROUND - Check your My eBay page and click on Unsold...get those relisted ASAP! You've already done all the work, so be sure they're available to buyers. More listings = more bait in the water = more bites. 😄

4) OPEN A STORE - If you are wondering whether you are better off with a BASIC store or a PREMIUM store, figure that if you have over 250 store items, Premium is a better buy....under 250, Basic is....this is at least a rule of thumb to get you started. Stores used to be great places to put items and keep them available year round, but with the fee changes, maybe not so much - sit down and figure it all out.

However, there are at least four really good reasons to have a store.... 1) listing fees are less if you have a store, 2) your items can be separated into categories making it much easier for buyers to shop, 3) you can run Promotions and Markdown Manager sales. They are two different ways to generate sales!, and 4) you can put your store in vacation mode when you need to get away for a bit.

5) DEAL WITH BIDDERS, BUYERS, AND ANNOYING INQUISITIVE POTENTIAL BIDDERS IN A PATIENT AND FRIENDLY WAY - Remember that it's worth money in your pocket and it's good business sense to show respect to all. If you must, write up that snarky reply, laugh at it, then hit delete.

6) KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! This thread is all about MAKING MONEY, that's for sure, but we feel that being supportive of our Lister Sisters and Brothers helps ALL of us. Drop in and hang out! Venting is allowed, but take it easy on the drama, negative vibes and controversial, off-topic issues such as politics and religion.

Message 1 of 416
latest reply
415 REPLIES 415

Good morning!  Good sales for me this week, so THANKS, eBay!  

YAAAAAAY for shopping today, Delta!  Hope you find a million great things.

I've been doing a TON of relisting and tweaking as well as keeping up with fresh listings and it really seems to be helping.  I've also gone back through a # of older active listings to be sure that they're mobile friendly.    Long ago I bulk edited with the viewport update thing, but found that if I go to my ACTIVE listings and click on an older one where it says Revise (in the left column), then scroll down a bit, there's a clickable link on the right side that says something like "New! Mobile Friendly Checker".  When you click on that, if it's not fully mobile-friendly (which some of my older pictures weren't), it will give you a "Fix it for me" option.  Click on that, then save, then scroll to the bottom to update it.  Seems to have made a # of things more visible because I've had sales on some pretty old/stale listings.  Try it?

Looks like Harvey's going to be moving inland more quickly now and hopefully dissipating without giving too much more rain to the south.  My heart aches for the people in Texas and Louisiana....I was at the bank today and one of my favorite tellers is from Texas.  Almost all of her family lives in Houston, the rest in Austin, and she says fortunately none of them were flooded out, and of course they're doing everything they can to help others.  She was just there 2 weeks ago--Austin too.

Gonna buy my sweetie some lunch, taking the scooters and will be back later!  Hugs to all.

Message 346 of 416
latest reply

Hi Beth!

Shopping was so fun! I found a lot of really nice Anthropologie (mediums and larges, too, not just small) and other B&B.

And I found, are you ready for this? My very first Celine sweater! I almost peed my pants lol  Also found a NWT Eileen Fisher wool tunic in an XL.  Combined those should pay for the shopping trip today.

Prayers for Texas! I have a good friend who lost everything, but she and her daughter are safe.  I also have a cousin with a one week old preemie who refused to leave and now they are stuck with no electicity and water creeping in.  The authorities are aware of them but they still won't leave.  I know my cousin is a little brick short of a load, but her mom is with her! No sense between both of them I guess.

Message 347 of 416
latest reply

Good morning!

Wow, sounds like a GREAT shopping expedition, Ronda!  Wish I had found that stuff 😄  I've never found a Celine and don't often find Eileen Fisher in XL.  Good for you!  That'll shoot your sales #s up for sure.

Erg---sure wish your cousin and her mom would just go ahead and find a safe, dry place.  Hugging them AND you all!

B

Message 348 of 416
latest reply

More sales overnight!  Can't overstate how much response I've gotten from reworking stale listings and tweaking titles, pictures, etc.  Give it a try and see if it pays off!  

B

Message 349 of 416
latest reply

WTG Beth!! I just had a $25 sale which is practically a woohoo for me!

They are forcing my family to evacuate. Thank you God!

Message 350 of 416
latest reply

Ronda, so glad they're getting your family outta there!  I understand how people hate to leave their home, but it'll be a lot better to go and then they can go back when the water recedes.  

Really---do try ramping up your tweaking, etc and see if that helps....sure seems to be giving me a sales boost.

Hugs!

Message 351 of 416
latest reply

They will be lucky if they have one to go back to. They are making them leave because they are opening a **bleep** near their home. Orange county.

Nighty-night!

Message 352 of 416
latest reply

Oh for heaven's sake, I mispelled dam lol

Message 353 of 416
latest reply

Good morning and TGIF!   

Delta, does your Anthropologie link still work?  I tried it twice this week and don't get anything.

Message 354 of 416
latest reply

Good Morning Everyone!

Have to take son to find some sneakers and to purchase his parking pass for school.  Boys are nothing like girls lol.  My daughters would have had me school shopping a month before school started.  If I didn't purchase some things I know he needed on my own he wouldn't have anything.  This is the first year that I won't have to drive anyone to school.  Can't you tell I'm real excited lol.  

Beth your right about tweaking listings.  I've been revamping my listing when I relist them.  This seems to have help me.  I do have to replace a few pictures and try the mobile checker though.  I never have sold much but August has been my best month this year.  September I'm going to concentrate on new listings.

Delta I envy you.  I promised myself that I wouldn't go shopping again until I get everything I have listed.  I went through all my items and got everything that is listed in totes and everything that's not listed I finally have in one spot so I can just grab, take pictures and list.

Well I have to get going but as soon as I get back I will be working on ebay.  Shouldn't be long my son hates shopping for anything lol.

Hope everyone's family and friends in Texas are well and safe.  My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by the hurricane.

Debbie

Debbie
Message 355 of 416
latest reply

Hi Debbie! I did some tweaking too. Took some new fresh pictures and changed to titles around.  A few moldie oldies have sold. Most of it is druts though I bought when I first went full time in 2012.

Beth, I sold the site, I coudn't afford the $200 it would cost to keep it.  I waited to late to renew the doman and they were going to charge me $99 for access to my files with the $99 renewal fee.  The new address for it is  www.shoujo-manga.org/labels/candaanthro.html

It was down for a long time, but it's up and running again.

Message 356 of 416
latest reply

Hi Debbie, good to see you!  I'm really happy with the way the organizational work is paying off....I had a tremendous August---it's usually one of my sparser months, but this year, very good.  Do try checking your active listings with the Mobility Friendly Checker, especially your older listings.  I found a # that needed revision and it's so easy--it'll do it for you.      Just go to Active Listings and click Revise to the left of the item you want to check.    I also ran a sale on size S stuff....need to clear it out as I do so much better with larger sizes.

Chuckling at taking your son school shopping.  There sure seems to be a hard-wired thing there that many men/boys just don't want to shop.   I've never had a boyfriend who liked it....would rather just order 6 pairs of the same shorts out of a catalog in different colors and forget about it.

Got the link, thanks, Ronda.  Yeah, that's crazy to charge you that much!  Glad you're getting rid of oldies too--makes it worthwhile and encourages you to tweak more.

Gonna do some listings this weekend, hope for some company!  Hugs to all!

Message 357 of 416
latest reply

Felting was a popular craft a few years ago...I have a cashmere jacket with a tiny hole that I can't bear to just toss out, so I am also wondering if I should just list it with the flaw.
Message 358 of 416
latest reply

That's absolutely what I'd do, clearance.    Take a picture of the flaw with a coin next to it for scale, then go ahead and list.  It's kind of like listing St. John knits with a hole in them---I have no idea what people do with them, but apparently there are places where you can have them rewoven, and I'll bet there's such a thing as that for cashmere.  And yeah, maybe when they repair cashmere, they do something like felting to cover the hole?  I don't know!

But the way I look at it is this:  right now, it's worth $0 to you.   If you could list and sell it for even $15-$40, well, heck, that's cash in your pocket!  Just don't underestimate the shipping cost.  I buy cashmere almost any time I see it--even damaged, there's a market for it.  Sweaters go for $6-$8 each as "cutters" for crafters.  I've sold them in lots of 5 or 6 assorted colors for around $40 plus shipping, depending on the desirability of the colors...I seem to get more for bright/light colors.

Beth

Message 359 of 416
latest reply

I'm listing today----anyone care to join me?

Hugs!

Message 360 of 416
latest reply